Typifications of Christ in the Old Testament.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are tons of Typifications of Christ in the Old Testament. Christ is Typified in various people, and the animal sacrifices, etc.

I have heard by a Pastor once say there is a book out there that lists hundreds of these parallels between Joseph and Jesus alone. Which I find to be absolutely fascinating.

Here is 60 of them listed here in this PDF document.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...nmvVPentCOJEnMLJg&sig2=gqv5iewUbaeKJsyAvmbV3w

Now, there is a connection the Lord showed for me personally between Joseph and Jesus one day.

What is that connection? Well, it has to do with Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. For what was in the cup that made Jesus shrink, He had never recoiled before? For something clearly pressed in upon Him now that was something he had never faced before. What was it? What could bring the mighty, majestic Son of God to such depths of sorrow and agony? What force or power could wring such anguish sweat from His brow?

Isaiah 53:6 gives the answer when it simply states. “The Lord [God, the Father] laid on Him [Jesus Christ] the iniquity of us all.” For by His stripes we are healed. He was crushed for our iniquities. He was wounded for our transgressions. All things that suggest that Jesus took upon the sin of the world at the Garden of Gethsemane and then was whipped and beaten for our transgressions before He went to the cross to complete out His sentence of torture and death. The “cup” was filled with the sin of the world. The guilt and pollution of all the world was there in that cup. Jesus saw the totality of sin – its length, its width, its depth – and He recoiled from it.

Just as Joseph had tested his brothers by putting a silver cup in Benjamin's sack (his youngest brother), he found out that Judah was willing to take his younger brother's place because of the guilt that was found with this cup (Genesis 44:6-13) (Genesis 44:18-34). For Judah no doubt bore the guilt of what he did to Joseph and did not want to see his father go thru any more suffering over yet another son of whom he loved very much. In other words, Judah did not want to bare all that guilt.

In fact, there are times; I’m sure when some of us had bore the guilt or were oppressed by the weight of even our own sin. But, think the weight of the sins of the whole world that pressed down upon Christ’s soul, until He sinks lower and lower, and cries out, “Oh, Father, is there any other way, must I drink this cup of iniquity?”

2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

1 Peter 2:24 - "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Last edited:
Reactions: Grafted In

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not certain but I think the word "Gethsemane " means olive press in Hebrew.
For me this sheds more light on your incredible post.

Hmmm. Interesting. Love to hear your thoughts on it sometime (If you are willing to share and or if you think you need more time to write about it).

Anyways, thank you for saying you like my post. Of course all the glory goes to Him for it (of course).

May God bless you and keep you.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are tons of Typifications of Christ in the Old Testament. Christ is Typified in various people, and the animal sacrifices, etc.

I have heard by a Pastor once say there is a book out there that lists hundreds of these parallels between Joseph and Jesus alone. Which I find to be absolutely fascinating.

Here is 60 of them listed here in this PDF document.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...nmvVPentCOJEnMLJg&sig2=gqv5iewUbaeKJsyAvmbV3w

Now, there is a connection the Lord showed for me personally between Joseph and Jesus one day.

What is that connection? Well, it has to do with Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. For what was in the cup that made Jesus shrink, He had never recoiled before? For something clearly pressed in upon Him now that was something he had never faced before. What was it? What could bring the mighty, majestic Son of God to such depths of sorrow and agony? What force or power could wring such anguish sweat from His brow?

Isaiah 53:6 gives the answer when it simply states. “The Lord [God, the Father] laid on Him [Jesus Christ] the iniquity of us all.” For by His stripes we are healed. He was crushed for our iniquities. He was wounded for our transgressions. All things that suggest that Jesus took upon the sin of the world at the Garden of Gethsemane and then was whipped and beaten for our transgressions before He went to the cross to complete out His sentence of torture and death. The “cup” was filled with the sin of the world. The guilt and pollution of all the world was there in that cup. Jesus saw the totality of sin – its length, its width, its depth – and He recoiled from it.

Just as Joseph had tested his brothers by putting a silver cup in Benjamin's sack (his youngest brother), he found out that Judah was willing to take his younger brother's place because of the guilt that was found with this cup (Genesis 44:6-13) (Genesis 44:18-34). For Judah no doubt bore the guilt of what he did to Joseph and did not want to see his father go thru any more suffering over yet another son of whom he loved very much. In other words, Judah did not want to bare all that guilt.

In fact, there are times; I’m sure when some of us had bore the guilt or were oppressed by the weight of even our own sin. But, think the weight of the sins of the whole world that pressed down upon Christ’s soul, until He sinks lower and lower, and cries out, “Oh, Father, is there any other way, must I drink this cup of iniquity?”

2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

1 Peter 2:24 - "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

I'd have thought this man's post would have sparked far more interest than it did.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well,Jason0047, looks like its just you and me. I've thought all along that there was far more to glean from the scene in Gethsemane that I've ever heard taught. After reading you first post now I'm certain there's been a lot overlooked.
Personally I haven't come up with much of anything yet but perhaps between the 2 of us we can learn much.

In the meantime how about those of you who haven't given Jason's post a good once over please read it again. Maybe you have been shown something that you're not sure adds to it but might. Jump in here and let's learn together. Afterall, the price of our sins that He paid are beginning to be placed upon Him.

Often times it seems that the deeper things of God begin well until someone yells 'foul' and half of the ones posting are booted out. Let me just say for the record that subforums that practice that techic do not have a Scriptural leg to stand on.
I don't believe In doing that and I don't get the sense Jason0047 would mind either. Some of us are not afraid to have the teachings of man we are dragging around with us as we try to follow Christ laid open to ridicule.
What say you, Jason0047? Bill

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jason. I don't see this as adding much of anything to this subject but I think I see in His demeanor a powerful desire to be with His closest followers as He makes His way to the cross. What He did took more will to please the Father than we will ever feel I our corrupt bodies.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JESUS IN THE DIFFERENT BOOKS OF THE BIBLE:

Old Testament:

In GENESIS Jesus is the promised seed of the woman
In GENESIS Jesus is our ark of protection.
In GENESIS Jesus is the Only Begotten Son offered up to us by the Father.
In GENESIS Jesus calls us unto the Marriage.
In GENESIS Jesus is the blessing of firstborn son.
In GENESIS Jesus is God's plan for your life.
In EXODUS He’s the Passover Lamb
In LEVITICUS He’s the High Priest
In NUMBERS He’s our way to the Promised Land.
In DEUTERONOMY He’s the City of our Refuge
In JOSHUA He’s the Scarlet Thread out Rahab’s window
In JUDGES He is our Judge who set to deliver us.
In JUDGES He is the One who suffered greatly for us.
In RUTH He is our Kinsman Redeemer
In 1st and 2nd SAMUEL He’s our Trusted Prophet
In KINGS He’s our Reigning King
In CHRONICLES He's our Promised Temple of Worship above all temples or kings.
In EZRA He’s our Faithful Scribe
In NEHEMIAH He’s the Rebuilder of everything that is broken
And in ESTHER Jesus is the King who loves us (the Bride).
In JOB He’s our mediator and He is our Redeemer who forever lives.
In PSALMS He is our Shepherd and we shall not want
In PROVERBS He is our Wisdom.
In ECCLESIASTES He’s our conclusion of the matter and He is the One we are to fear and to obey.
And in the SONG OF SOLOMON He’s the Beautiful Bridegroom.
In ISAIAH He’s the Suffering Servant.
In JEREMIAH He is the Lord our righteousness.
In LAMENTATIONS He is the Weeping Prophet
In EZEKIEL He’s the One who will take us up one day so we can forever be with Him (Where He is).
In DANIEL He is our Protector from the Fire.
In DANIEL He is our intercessor (Jesus prays on our behalf).
In DANIEL He is the One who has authority, glory and sovereign power whereby all peoples, nations and men of every language will worship him. He is the One who's dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
In HOSEA He is our Love who is faithful to bring us out of slavery.
In JOEL He baptizes us with the Holy Spirit
In AMOS He’s our Burden Bearer
In OBADIAH our Savior
In JONAH He is the Great Foreign Missionary that takes the Word of God into all the world.
In MICAH He is the Messenger with beautiful feet
In NAHUM He is the Avenger
In HABAKKUK He is the Watchman that is ever praying for revival
In ZEPHANIAH He is the Lord mighty to save
In HAGGAI He is the Restorer of our lost heritage
In ZECHARIAH He is our Fountain
In MALACHI He is the Sun of Righteousness.

New Testament:

In MATTHEW He is the Messiah who is the Son of the Living God.
In MARK He is the Miracle Worker
In LUKE He’s the Son of Man
In JOHN He is the Living Word (GOD) made flesh.
In JOHN He is the Door by which every one of us must enter
In ACTS He is the Shining Light at appears to Saul on the road to Damascus.
In ROMANS He is our Justifier.
In 1st CORINTHIANS He is our Resurrection
In 2nd CORINTHIANS He is our Sin Bearer
In GALATIANS He Redeems us from the Old Way to Help us to Serve in a New and Better Way by the Spirit.
In EPHESIANS He is our Unsearchable Riches
In PHILIPPIANS He supplies our every need
In COLOSSIANS He’s the Fullness of the Godhead Bodily
In 1st and 2nd THESSALONIANS He is our Coming King
In 1st and 2nd TIMOTHY He is the Mediator between God and man
In PHILEMON He is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother
In HEBREWS He’s our Atoning Blood of an Everlasting Covenant
In JAMES He is our Teacher of Righteousness and True Faith.
In 1st and 2nd PETER He is the Chief Shepherd.
In 1st JOHN, Jesus is our advocate in whom we can confess our sins to and be forgiven.
In 2nd JOHN Jesus is the One by whom we walk in love with.
In 3rd JOHN Jesus is the Truth.
In JUDE He is the Lord coming with 10,000 saints
In REVELATION, He is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings-the Alpha and Omega, the One Who is (i.e. the Great I AM).

Source used:
JESUS IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE
(Note: The list above has been slightly modified by me of what I feel is a little more accurate).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Finger Prints of the Greatest Love Story Ever Told!

In the opening of God's love letter to man, God lets us know that He created all things in six days and stops from all His work on the seventh and blesses it. However, what you may not know, is that God had also secretly told us about the greatest love story of all in the beginning of His Word, too.

1. Day One of Creation:
God brings forth Light.
In the New Testament, Jesus is the Word made flesh (John 1:14) who is the light of all men whose light shineth out darkness (John 1:4-5). For He is the light of the world (John 8:12).

2. Day Two of Creation:
God separates the Water & creates the firmament or Heavens in-between them.
In the New Testament, Jesus is baptized in water and then the Heavens open up, which begins His ministry (Matthew 3:16). Jesus is our firmament or Heaven (i.e. bridge or stairway) between that which is Heavenly above and that which is Earthy below. For Jesus is the mediator between God and men.

3. Day Three of Creation:
Dry land (including rock) appears and vegetation such as trees come forth.
In the New Testament, Jesus is the rock of our salvation (1 Corinthians 10:4) who is crucified upon a wooden cross or tree for our sins or transgressions against Him (Acts 5:30).

4. Day Four of Creation:
After three days pass by, the sun, the moon, and the stars are raised up into the sky.
In the New Testament, on the third day, Jesus who is the Son of God or the Sun of righteousness (Malachi 4:2) (Revelation 1:16) rises from the grave (Matthew 28:5-6), ascends to the Father up in Heaven (John 20:17) enters the Holy place, and obtains eternal redemption for us (Hebrews 9:12).

5. Day Five of Creation:
God creates marine life and the fowl of the air.
In the New Testament, Jesus is the fisher of men (Matthew 4:19) (John 21:4-8) who returns to be with his disciples for 40 days, greeting them with a meal of fish, and then leaving them back up into Heaven again like a bird going up into the sky (Acts 1:9-10) (Psalm 91:4).

6. Day Six of Creation:
God creates animals and man.
In the New Testament, thru Christ's redemptive work of his death and resurrection, the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:19).

7. Day Seven - After Creation:
God stops from his work, and blesses it as a weekly Sabbath rest for man.
In the New Testament, Jesus can forgive of us of our sins (1 John 2:1-2) and give us an eternal rest and Sabbath for all eternity if we choose to accept it (Matthew 11:28) (Hebrews 4:8-11). Thus restoring a broken relationship between God and man so that we may walk with Him in the light (1 John 1:7) and so that He may give us love and peace (Ephesians 3:17) (John 14:27).

This is the greatest love story ever told. Jesus, who was God Almighty in the flesh knew before the beginning of creation itself that we would sin against Him. So He came down into the flesh of a man to pay the price for our sins against Him. He died so that we could have life and so that we could have a loving and glorious fellowship with Him that is unlike any other. That is how much God loves us; And it is hidden for us to discover like a secret love letter or loving finger print right in the very beginning of Genesis.

Author source:
Myself (Well, actually it was GOD showing me this; So give praise glory unto Him through Christ Jesus).

Last edited:
Upvote 0