muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The first examples of men of faith in Hebrews 11 are Hevel, Hanokh and Noach. Only 2 of these men were delivered from Premature death by YHWH, one was murdered.

Both Hanokh and Noach walked with YHWH.

Hanokh had this testimony, he pleased God. Twice in Genesis 5 it was said, he walked with God. Whenever Adonai speaks twice on a matter we need to pay attention, especially if this is so in the very same verse.

Noach was a righteous man who followed His instructions to the letter, without question or hesitation, or if he did, I didn't read it.

Hevel made an acceptable sacrifice, but that was not enough. Hevel did not walk with Him, or at least it didn't say so.

Many millions of believers claim the acceptable sacrifice of the Messiah, but few walk with YHWH as He foretold a long long time ago.

Go in through the narrow gate; for the gate that leads to destruction is wide and the road broad and many travel it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only few find it.

Please give me your thoughts, how do you walk with Him? Can we mine any more details from this example?

Last edited:

muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, Enoch walked before God so that means to me he did just that. In all he did he acknowledged the Almighty.

From putting this together over time by scripture and listening and reading from others I've come to the conclusion it's all a balance between 5 essentials.

Walking in His righteousness.

Walking with His gift to us of faith.

Walking before Him upright with perfect intergrity in all we say, think and do. Not always easy, but by this we really know we are truly converted. For example, if you knew me a few years ago, you wouldn't recognize me today.

Being humble in our walk. Seeking Him with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. Being a diligent student.

Walking in complete surrender to His will. My life no longer belongs to me. In my life, His will be done.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know whether or not this will come off well, but I'm gonna try.
I get awfully tired of people belittling the things that they see as nothing but "shadows of things to come." In my view, to be in a shadow of something, you have to be near the shadow maker, which is the real thing. And the further you go into that shadow the closer you get to the shadow maker. Others can stand outside in the heat of the hot sun and try to figure it all out, but i'm gonna go as deep into the shadow as I can. When the real thing comes, I'm going to know it for I've been right there under its shadow, protected.
Others can stand far off trying to critique the whole thing but I'm going to rest right there at the base of the shadowmaker and when the real thing comes along I won't have to study too hard on it to recognize it - I've been living in it's shadow for years.
When people have been used to drinking Sam's Cola, they know immediately when they have taken a sip from the original red and silver can of Coca Cola. There is no question at all that they have now tasted the genuine thing.

I know this seems off topic but somehow this is what came into my heart as I read these posts.....

Upvote 0

muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much, I don't think thats off topic at all. Walking with Him is similar to being under His shadow, if not even part of the same.It seems my own walk has been closely tied to Psalm 91. A few years ago, I was faced with a terrible fear I just couldn't shake, the book fell open and there it was for me again. So, I calmed down and the fear had gone.First time I was faced with Psalm 91 I was cutting bricks on a building site when I was either pushed to the ground, or at least that was what it felt like, either way I found myself thanking Him for the angels He puts about me...Within 2 hours, while standing on the very edge of the top floor scaffold a large pile of concrete blocks tumbled over on me, defied the logic of physics and parted in the middle, falling without me many, which could have been deadly feet to the ground.He gave me Psalm 91 and I also dwell in the secret place under the shadow of the Almighty... and I know how you feel.Thank you YedidaMuzza

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It is the imitating the shadow that teaches the dance. To know the rhythmic flow, the Song of Moses, and the meaning of every move, it is all beautiful for the bride who is preparing to dance and sing with joy with her Lord on the wedding day and for all eternity.

Upvote 0

muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Alright, sounds good.I was just thinking about a few more type and shadows. Adam as a type of Yeshua comes to mind. As Adam was opened up on his side in a deep sleep and out came woman. So, was the church born (typified as woman in scripture) as Yeshua was pierced in His side, which as I believe was the moment of death, and... the temple curtain was rent from top to bottom. I love these things.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Alright, sounds good.I was just thinking about a few more type and shadows. Adam as a type of Yeshua comes to mind. As Adam was opened up on his side in a deep sleep and out came woman. So, was the church born (typified as woman in scripture) as Yeshua was pierced in His side, which as I believe was the moment of death, and... the temple curtain was rent from top to bottom. I love these things.

I can connect you to an mp3 about marriage, where this passage is concerned but it's very hard on a man (taught by a man nonetheless, too!!).
You'll also find in the Torah that the rite of purification required blood and running (living) water (which, of course, is not normal in a person already passed away.....). That has a lot to say about what Yeshua's death actually did for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you mean from the book, title something like- garden of peace, maybe? By Rabbi Arush? I have the book at home. That's marriage from a man's perspective. But if not, sure, sounds good.

Check you PMs. Vissy hasn't heard this one, but she's heard this man teach and I'm sure will vouch for him (my shepherd at BT) that he's spot on. Right Vissy? (She and I are both very blessed with wonderful leader/teachers.)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
:clap:Yeah.. I love discovering them.

I find that there is also a progression with them too.. always an improvement.

Take the three times God wrote with His finger
- on stone - The Ten Words
- on the wall - Weighed and found Wanting
- in the sand - what was written was enough to stop men in their tracks

and finally it will be - in the hearts of believers

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Check you PMs. Vissy hasn't heard this one, but she's heard this man teach and I'm sure will vouch for him (my shepherd at BT) that he's spot on. Right Vissy? (She and I are both very blessed with wonderful leader/teachers.)
Never heard of him or his book.. sorry... but I did a quick check online and he seems to be a rising star in Judaism circles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I didn't realize He wrote the commandments 3 times? I thought twice. And y the wall, you mean the finger that wrote those chilling words for the King? And talking about the finger in the sand, what is that you mean?

He wrote on the Stone. The Ten Commandments.
He wrote on the Babylonian Wall - You have been weighed and found wanting.
Dan 5:27 "Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting."
He wrote in the sand when the woman was caught in adultery and thrown at His Feet - Scripture doesn't tell us what He wrote though

He is writting His Laws in our Hearts... and that is progressive.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
No, I was talking about the pastor of Beth Tikkun.

Sorry, never heard of him either... but I did find an interesting book on his website..

In His Own Words
Messianic Insights Into The Hebrew Alphabet
by L. Grant Luton,
265pp, 5.25" x 8.25, paper,

In His Own Words will take you on a fascinating journey through territory that has, until now, remained unexplored by Christian theologians. The book reveals amazing details about God's Word that have never been translated into our English editions.

You will learn why some letters in the original Hebrew Bible are printed over- or under-size, as well as why other letters are printed upside down, broken in half, or suspended in mid-air. You will discover why nearly every column of a Torah scroll begins with a letter that symbolizes a hook, and why some passages of scripture are printed in such a way as to depict a brick wall. This book will also demonstrate how the message of the gospel is graphically illustrated by the names, shapes, and order of the letters of the Hebrew alphabet. You are sure to be inspired and encouraged by the amazing truths that God has hidden in these ancient symbols. Written in layman's terms, In His Own Words will introduce you to a dimension of God's Word that will powerfully impact your life and ministry.

In His Own Words

Upvote 0