• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Type 1 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My blood sugar was 133. I worked out, took 12R, ate a salad, waited three hours and tested at 366. Why? Don't tell me I rebounded, believe me, I know when that happens.
I'm not sure what 12R is? If you had a salad did you have salad dressing with it? How about a protein? Salad dressing can be high in fat and problematic sometimes.
Could it be that your second test was high because you didn't get a good blood sample and it is a false high? Sometimes that can happen if you don't get a good amount of blood.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2004
Cleveland!
Visit site
✟105,849.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
12R=12 units of Regular insulin. No dressing on the salad, It was a taco salad using 1/2 pint of chili and a hanful of tortilla chips. About 40-60 gr. of carbs depending on chili. Today I was 55, ate a cookie, did 600 push ups, took 15R and just tested at 475 after eating four slices of pizza. Something's wrong.:sigh: I'm told I'm brittle diabetic, maybe that's it...

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
12R=12 units of Regular insulin. No dressing on the salad, It was a taco salad using 1/2 pint of chili and a hanful of tortilla chips. About 40-60 gr. of carbs depending on chili. Today I was 55, ate a cookie, did 600 push ups, took 15R and just tested at 475 after eating four slices of pizza. Something's wrong.:sigh: I'm told I'm brittle diabetic, maybe that's it...
How long are you waiting after you eat to test? 475 is pretty high. Do you go to a endo doctor for your diabetes? Are you on something like Lantus or Levemir to try and keep you level? Those are 24 hour insulins. My son is Type I and he just started on Lantus and it has worked for him a lot better than the Levemir did. Maybe it is time to try something else that would work better for you?

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm on Lantis, seeing an enocronologist.
Not sure what to tell you except to contact your doctor or his nurse and tell him what your seeing happen. Maybe they have some thoughts on what to do different. Congrats on being able to do 600 push ups by the way. it would take me 3 weeks to do that many.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2004
Cleveland!
Visit site
✟105,849.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is gettin old. I was 80, tested three times over five hours, didn't work out, took a split dose (7r twice) ate hasf a pizza (four slices) tested my sugar, I'm over 500:sigh: Pray for kidneys, I've only got 20% left...

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is gettin old. I was 80, tested three times over five hours, didn't work out, took a split dose (7r twice) ate hasf a pizza (four slices) tested my sugar, I'm over 500:sigh: Pray for kidneys, I've only got 20% left...
I'm wondering if your regular insulin is any good at this point or if you need a new bottle of it? You do keep it in the refrigerator right?
I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 19, 2004
Cleveland!
Visit site
✟105,849.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This has has a problem for me for nearly 30 years. I've been to three hopitals already and you could write a book about my experiences there (they try to keep your blood sugar high), it's not the insulin-trust me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.