✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will they get an injunction in time?
Have you seen Pastor Dana Coverstone's dream where he saw clowns putting grease and oil outside of polling places so that it was very slippery and hard to get in to vote?

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doubts sown by the administration that the Post Office will get it there.
My experience with the Post office this year has been horrendous.

1. I have repeatedly received other people's mail, many times this year.

2. Everything I ordered from Amazon that was sent via USPS was never delivered to me though they claimed it was. As a result I cancelled all orders from Amazon for months until I could get it delivered to my school.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you seen Pastor Dana Coverstone's dream where he saw clowns putting grease and oil outside of polling places so that it was very slippery and hard to get in to vote?
No, is that a joke? I don’t know who that is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which demonstrates exactly what?
I think that many of the shenanigans that are done to hinder voting is done to swing the election from one party to the other. If Republicans control the state and it is a swing state the shenanigans will be done to reduce Democratic votes, if the Democrats control the state and it is a swing state the shenanigans will be done to reduce republican votes.

In my opinion you should have one of these boxes to drop off ballots at every site where you can vote. Why not let people come on election day and instead of standing in line and going indoors just drop off their ballot into a lock box outside? You could have one cop standing by it.

If you have a long line of people trying to get to the one ballot box that serves several million residents it defeats the purpose of trying to avoid a super spreader event.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What's preventing them from putting their ballots into the mail, if that one drop-box is inconvenient?

Nothing stops them from putting it in the mail. Trump’s Postmaster General’s efficiency upgrades could prevent that mail from getting to its destination.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing stops them from putting it in the mail. Trump’s Postmaster General’s efficiency upgrades could prevent that mail from getting to its destination.
I don't get this argument about mailing it. The site where I go to vote is closer to my home than the post office. Why should I go to the post office, have them have to sort it out and then deliver it, and when they deliver it someone has to be there to receive it? If you told me I could simply drop it off at the site where I normally vote on election day, that there would be a box outside by the door why couldn't I just do that? Isn't it simpler, cheaper, more efficient and less stressful on me wondering if it got delivered?

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that many of the shenanigans that are done to hinder voting is done to swing the election from one party to the other. If Republicans control the state and it is a swing state the shenanigans will be done to reduce Democratic votes, if the Democrats control the state and it is a swing state the shenanigans will be done to reduce republican votes.

Agreed... I was wrong to at a quick glance think you were supporting the elimination of both polling places and drop boxes. I'm curious have we seen such "shenanigans" by democrat run states, in the past?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed... I was wrong to at a quick glance think you were supporting the elimination of both polling places and drop boxes. I'm curious have we seen such "shenanigans" by democrat run states, in the past?
Box 13 scandal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Box 13 scandal.

Of course there has been election "manipulation" in the past... I meant specifically attempting to limit the vote turnout. I think in the overall things have changed... at least to a large degree....

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course there has been election "manipulation" in the past... I meant specifically attempting to limit the vote turnout. I think in the overall things have changed... at least to a large degree....
The democrats would never suppress voter turnout. In general Republicans are your middle class, suburban, older and wealthier. Any attempt at suppressing turnout would result in lawsuits and very negative publicity.

Voter suppression takes place in poorer districts where turnout hasn't been as high. Also it manifests itself as lack of resources, highlighting the poverty of the district. Any lawsuit would be countered with evidence of lower tax revenue and various budget shortfalls of the state.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't get this argument about mailing it. The site where I go to vote is closer to my home than the post office. Why should I go to the post office, have them have to sort it out and then deliver it, and when they deliver it someone has to be there to receive it? If you told me I could simply drop it off at the site where I normally vote on election day, that there would be a box outside by the door why couldn't I just do that? Isn't it simpler, cheaper, more efficient and less stressful on me wondering if it got delivered?

You'd think.

...and you think, I take it, that the Postal Workers union is unlike all the other unions and is instead pro-Republican?! That's charming.

Postal workers union endorses Biden, warns 'survival' of USPS at stake

There you go - now we have a bipartisan justification for adding extra ballot drop-off locations that don't rely on the postal service.

Upvote 0