✟597,387.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the Bear represent?

`The second beast like to a bear - to devour much flesh.` (Dan. 7: 5)

Without controversy and well documented, the bear is the national symbol of the Soviets. It was not by accident that this was the emblem chosen for the Moscow Olympics. A friendly and loveable little bear to be sure. Daniel, however, records it as a ferocious beast devouring much flesh.

Chronically the U.S.S.R was the second great power to arise in current end-time contention. It fits perfectly with the second confederacy of Daniel`s vision. It certainly `devoured` country after country, incorporating them into one monolithic dominion - behind the iron curtain.

Frequently God gives revelation of the future through one of His prophets, then confirms, augments or continues the prediction through another.

Ezekiel (38 & 39) enlarges our concept as he contemplates a mighty confederacy of independent nations. He specifies their geographical position relative to the nation of Israel. On three occasions he locates them in the `uttermost or extreme part of the North: (38: 6 & 15, 39: 2) There is only one great power that occupied that position - the U.S.S.R.

Then we had Perestroika and the coup d`etat which were the catalysts to provide a phenomenal and precise fulfilment in 1991 of a prophecy of 25 centuries by Ez. 38. Today we have Russia and its independent states from the break up of the U.S.S.R.

Why was the bear raised up itself on one side and has its three ribs in its mouth? What does it mean?

`It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth.` (Dan. 7: 5)

Metaphorically this represents 3 nations who have not previously been incorporated within the bear ie. behind the iron curtain. These now join the move into the Middle East. Ezekiel, in his predicted military confederacy, records exactly three such countries. They precisely conform to the prerequisites.

`Persia (Iran), Ethiopia and Libya.` (Ez. 38: 5)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,387.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the Leopard represent?

`After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird.The beast had four heads, and dominion was given to it.` (Dan. 7: 6)

In chronological sequence the third confederacy which emerged on the contemporary world scene was actually the European Common Market Bloc.

French heralds were the first to display Leopards as an insignia. Also the Knights of France and Charlemange the first Emperor of All Europe used Leopards on shields and on banners.

Obviously the heraldic use of `The Leopard` had direct European connotation.

What do four wings of a fowl represent?

I think it represents imperial power. The EU started off with 4 leaders and then over time expanded to 27 countries.

Four heads?

The four heads on this beast denote the multiplicity of authority or government who have united in common purpose. It is of importance that Daniel visualised this beast in its initial presentation. Six of the countries of Europe agreed to a commercial unity of purpose in a common market.

However, at the time of inauguration, three of these countries, Belgium. Netherlands and Luxembourg combined their representation and voting, into one affliliated entity called the `Benelux.` Thus the European Common Market commenced with exactly four authorities or `Heads,` France, Germany, Italy and Benelux. This was precisely as predicted.

What dominion was given to it?

`Dominion was given to it.` (Dan. 7: 6)

How meticulous and precise the prediction of Daniel. Each of the foundation member countries of the European Common Market was defeated and powerless at the conclusion of WW2. Authority as independent nations was granted by favour of the Allies. ie. Dominion was given to it.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,387.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is the fourth beast dreadful and terrible?

This kingdom devours, breaks in pieces and tramples the others. Thus I see that it is dreadful and terrible. To overcome these other great powers this last Federation must be horrific.

Why is it different from first beasts?

`a fourth beast....it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.` (Dan. 7: 7)

This last Federation is different because it `shall devour the whole earth, trample it and it it in pieces.` (Dan. 7: 23) The other Federations did not do this but kept to their region.

What do the ten horns represent?

`The 10 horns are 10 kings who shall arise from this kingdom.` (Dan. 7: 24)

God`s word tells us that the Assyrian shall fall when the Lord returns over Jerusalem. (Isa. 31: 4 - 8) This is, I believe the leader of the last Federation - Islam. The ancient area of Assyria is Syria, Iraq & Jordan. I believe those 3 countries will be the power base of this Islamic leader. Later 7 other `kings` will join and that will be the 10 king Federation.

(Syria, Iraq, Jordan & Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nothing is said about antichrist here. What about my website? It has not launched yet. Show me the website to prove that you know what you are talking about.
The same website which you recycled the 2006 the lion, bear, leopard thread, opening post. On your commentary in the eschatology section at that website on the antichrist.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did declare... "my overall bible view".
I get your point though.

As a long time bible teachert, and discipler of many fine men of God to date, I just wish to see that you are careful in your declarations, that though they make good sense, may just not be accurate.

Believe me, in my 45 years as a believer, I have had to eat a lot of leather from putting my foot in my mouth from being a little too presumptious.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi David, let's just focus on these.

You see one beast and one woman in Revelation 17.

I see three beasts and two women. Because of the mystery of the woman and of the beast she was riding. Revelation 17:7.

First, the three beasts...

1. Satan, the scarlet colored beast in the wilderness scene.

2. The beast that was and is not, in the bottomless pit - who some day will ascend out of - which I take to be the serpent beast in the garden used by Satan to get Adan and Eve to sin. Revelation 17:8a

3. The beast that the people of the world will wonder, when they behold who was, is not, yet is - which I take to be the end times person formerly the little horn, formerly the Antichrist - also used by Satan. Revelation 17:8b

Second,the two women....

1. The great harlot in Revelation 17:1 who gets destroyed in the end times when the ten kings have given their kingdom over to beast 3 above. The great harlot associated with the place of seven mountains.

2. The woman in Revelation 17:3-4 in the desert who is the mother of harlots (the great harlot being one of them) who is Mystery Babylon the Great - which I take to be the mystical Kingdom of Satan and his third of the angels. Having influence rule over all the nations of the earth and humanity, ever since the garden of eden.

In Revelation 18, and Revelation 14:8, Babylon is fallen is fallen, is
referring to the demise of Satan and his third of the angels Kingdom.

The content of Revelation 18 is of an analogy about a great trading city that suddenly gets destroyed. The actual falling of Satan and his third of the angels kingdom takes place in Revelation 12:7-9 when Michael and his angels cast Satan and his angels down to earth, from the second heaven, just past the midpoint of the first half of the seven years.

As far as I can tell, there is only one woman total between ch 17 and 18. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anywhere in the texts that the beast is said to be a woman.

I will try and add to this post by doing a followup post if and when I get a bit more focused. What I posted thus far per this post are only opinions, and that opinions generally prove zero.

Upvote 0

drmerejay

Aug 15, 2014
✟17,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are two women in Revelation 17, not one as is often thought.

One is the great harlot that gets destroyed by the ten kings in the end times.

The other is the kingdom of Satan and his third of the angels, that is at the root of all false religions and abominations upon the earth.

Here is my chart to aid in understanding the difference.

View attachment 282480

I like the chart where do you get it from?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums