Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are now two witnesses proclaiming the Gospel in the modern city of Jerusalem.

The "suffering servant" of Isaiah chapter 53, and the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 prove that the baby born in Bethlehem is the Messiah promised in the Hebrew scriptures.

The time for taking the Gospel to the Jewish people is now.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are now two witnesses proclaiming the Gospel in the modern city of Jerusalem.

The "suffering servant" of Isaiah chapter 53, and the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 prove that the baby born in Bethlehem is the Messiah promised in the Hebrew scriptures.

Are these the two, or should we expect others? I am looking for Elijah and Enoch.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The two witnesses are the old and new testement that proclaim the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST.

"Now how many of you heard before that these two witnesses are Moses and Elijah? Have you heard that? It’s not altogether wrong because it’s a symbol—Moses and Elijah are symbols for the word of God, but later in the prophecy it says that these two witnesses end up getting killed and they lie in the streets. Where are Moses and Elijah now? They’re up in heaven. Are they going to come back down to earth, do they have their glorified bodies? I Thessalonians chapter 4 says, “Once you get your glorified bodies so shall you ever be with the Lord.” He’s--so they’re not coming back now that they’ve got immortality. They’ve been eating from the tree of life, they’re not coming back to die, I mean that would be absurd.

So remember in Revelation these symbols, these (uh) images are symbolic. The two witnesses represent the word of God. Now you can also find of course in Hebrews 4, another symbol for the word of God is a sword. But not any kind of sword; the word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword. You might call it the books of the Old and New Testament. The two-edged sword, the word of God is given in a dual form in the Bible. These are the two witnesses that we find in Revelation: the New and the Old Testament, the law and the prophets, a sword with two edges, Moses and Elijah, (uh) there’s a lot of (uh) symbols that we can use to help evaluate that or to demonstrate it."

more here
https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/media/e/360/t/the-two-witnesses

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are these the two, or should we expect others? I am looking for Elijah and Enoch.

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Act_1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Psalm 118:26
Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

They're not dressed in sackcloth and the 1260 days in the tribulation hasn't started yet.

They are merely two Jews explaining the gospel just as the title of the video said.

Revelation 11:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Act_1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

So I will await Elijah and Enoch. Your two guys are fine, but identifying then as the two that are foretold is a bit much. I can wait. Maybe I don't have to wait a long time though.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They're not dressed in sackcloth and the 1260 days in the tribulation hasn't started yet.

They are merely two Jews explaining the gospel just as the title of the video said.

Revelation 11:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Based on Revelation 11:4, do you think the witnesses are two men made of wood and metal?

Or, do you understand that some of the language in the Book of Revelation is symbolic?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Based on Revelation 11:4, do you think the witnesses are two men made of wood and metal?

Or, do you understand that some of the language in the Book of Revelation is symbolic?

Wood and metal? No. Not my expectation at all. Where did that come from?

How do you get either 'wood and metal' or 'symbolic? Maybe they will be real men with flesh and bones.

Enoch and Elijah were apparently assumed into heaven and they may just come back. I will wait and see. But I don't expect every two people who claim to be the two witnesses to actually be the two witnesses. There are a lot of pretenders and wannabees out there.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Some folks are so easily deceived. That is how cults flourish. In these days of major deception, all of God's Spirit filled children need to learn how to try the spirit by the Spirit so it will not be possible for them to be deceived.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Huh? Are you saying that these two men in the video are considered as two witnesses of Revelation 11 in Jerusalem right now?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? Are you saying that these two men in the video are considered as two witnesses of Revelation 11 in Jerusalem right now?

I am saying that based on what Paul said in Romans 11:24 about the Olive Trees being a symbol of the Church, and based on what Jesus said about the candlesticks being a symbol of the churches in Revelation 1:20, either the Two Witnesses are two men made of wood and metal or they are a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

Which choice do you prefer?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

I am saying that based on what Paul said in Romans 11:24 about the Olive Trees being a symbol of the Church, and based on what Jesus said about the candlesticks being a symbol of the churches in Revelation 1:20, either the Two Witnesses are two men made of wood and metal or they are a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

You make a lot of presumptions. They all present themselves as ironclad logical conclusions but they are presumptions. I will wait and see.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Very Interesting. The timeline appears to be correct, given my understanding that the 42 month Tribulation (Rev. 13:5) started as of ~May~. There certainly are some unanswered questions, and even a challenge to one of their points (along with one of your points), but it does hold the portent of the Two Witnesses.

Thanks for Posting!

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

What do you think? You were here with me long enough to know my position on Two Witnesses. What did I say who they are?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think? You were here with me long enough to know my position on Two Witnesses. What did I say who they are?

You and I have agreed on a great deal here.

In this particular case what I think and what you think is of little importance.

In Revelation 1:20 Christ said the candlesticks (lampstands) are a symbol of the churches.

The words of Jesus are my point of reference in this matter.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You and I have agreed on a great deal here.

In this particular case what I think and what you think is of little importance.

In Revelation 1:20 Christ said the candlesticks (lampstands) are a symbol of the churches.

The words of Jesus are my point of reference in this matter.

Yes, they are the Churches. More specifically, the Elect Church (people), who was empowered with the Holy Spirit since Pentecost to bring Gospel to the world, not to the Jews or National Israel only. The "modern Israel" is no different from all other nations.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God said Eljah will come , ask one of them if they are Eljah I dare you .

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If these two witnesses shut the skies up and keep it from raining all over earth, then I will listen.
God said Eljah will come , ask one of them if they are Eljah I dare you .
Yes, these two. What would do it for me is fire coming out of their mouths destroying their enemies.

Upvote 0