Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Two August 15th special congressional elections are now in the process.

I am requesting prayer from like-minded Christians. I am praying that the Lord will install Christian-minded candidates. Candidates that will fear God, benefit the Church, and contribute to the healing of the US.

Amen!

General Info:
Special elections to the 115th United States Congress (2017-2018) - Ballotpedia

US Senate race:
United States Senate special election in Alabama, 2017 - Ballotpedia

Nine Republicans and seven Democrats are competing in the primary on August 15, 2017. A runoff election is scheduled on September 26, 2017, in case either party's primary concludes without a candidate receiving more than 50 percent of the vote.[5] Since Alabama has been continuously represented by a Republican since 1994, media coverage and spending in the race has focused on the Republican primary. The top three contenders, according to an internal campaign poll in July, are incumbent Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), and Judge Roy Moore.

Utah's 3rd Congressional District Race (US House Seat):
Utah's 3rd Congressional District special election, 2017 - Ballotpedia

Primary Date : August 15, 2017
General Election Date : November 7, 2017

A special election is being held in the 3rd Congressional District of Utah for the U.S. House of Representatives. The election will replace Jason Chaffetz (R), who resigned from office on June 30, 2017.[1]
A total of 22 candidates, including 13 Republicans and three Democrats, declared their intent to run for Chaffetz's seat. The Democratic and Republican state party conventions were held on June 17, 2017. Kathie Allen won the Democratic Party's nomination. Christopher Herrod, a former state representative, was selected as the convention nominee for the Republican Party. He will compete against John Curtis and Tanner Ainge—two candidates who qualified for the ballot via signature-gathering—in the Republican primary on August 15.

Libertarian Joe Buchman, Independent American candidate Jason Christensen, independent Sean Whalen, and United Utah Party candidate Jim Bennett are set to appear on the general election ballot on November 7, 2017, with Allen and the winner of the Republican primary

Last edited:

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for America
Praying for the UK. Praying God will raise up another John Wesley. Now there was a man of God who believed the Church could and would drastically alter society.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so for those interested in the Republican finalists running in the Alabama Senate special election.

"Former judge Roy Moore and incumbent Sen. Luther Strange advanced to the Republican primary runoff election scheduled September 26, 2017." This is just for these two Republicans in determining which one will advance to the General election for the state.

The General election for this state is still scheduled for December 12.

I don't see any info on any independents, so I guess there are none.

Special elections to the 115th United States Congress (2017-2018) - Ballotpedia

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for all the praying Christians on this site who believe that our prayers make a difference. Praying that God Almighty will touch all of you today and strengthen your God-given faith (Hebrews 12:2; 1 John 5:4).

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am requesting prayer of conservatives for the current Alabama senate race. Without sufficient corroborating evidence, the allegations against Roy Moore are no more than that: unfounded allegations. President Donald Trump was also accused (falsely) of sexual misconduct. His accusers also suspiciously waited until his presidential race. They have apparently faded into non-activity. The presumption of innocence should remain strong.

Roy Moore is refusing to drop out. Therefore, it would probably be very unwise for another Republican to attempt to run in the General election (Dec.7th) as a write-in candidate; that could possibly divide the conservative votes between Moore and the write-in candidate, thus possibly facilitating a win for the Regressive democrat, Doug Jones, that will be running against Moore in the General. The race between Moore and Jones is already tight enough as it is according to a recent poll.

This is a critical special election. The Regressives understand this. Republicans currently only hold a 2 seat advantage in the US Senate. Conservatives cannot afford to loose this Alabama Senate seat to the Regressive Left!

I am also requesting prayer against the efforts of Left-wing activist group, Media Matters, that “is using scandalous allegations surrounding Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore as a new weapon in their months-long campaign to oust Fox News host Sean Hannity by pressuring sponsors into pulling their advertisements.” I am praying that Hannity will have the victory and remain at Fox News with plenty of sponsors. Praying also for other conservative news outlets.

Media Matters Using Roy Moore Allegations To Go After Hannity’s Advertisers

I am and have been praying for a conservative win in this Alabama Senate race. Whether that be by Moore dropping out and a conservative taking his place and winning, or by Moore staying in the race and winning. Either way, according to God's will. I will be doing as much praying and fasting for this so important election up until December 7th. Please join me in prayer in this critical hour for our nation’s sake. God bless.

Upvote 0