two unmarried people living...

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
For many “living in sin” is no longer a sin? God tells us in no uncertain terms how he feels about such conduct. His Word, the Bible, states: “Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.” (Hebrews 13:4) Sex before marriage may not be a sin in the view of liberal clergymen and churchgoers, but it is a serious sin in God’s eyes! God requires that we refrain from such practices, which he views as unclean.

Scriptural standards are very strict. The only place for sexual intimacy is within marriage, and all such intimacy outside marriage is forbidden. We read: “Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men . . . will inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) Moreover, for Christians the Bible requires monogamy, one husband for one wife. (1 Timothy 3:2) And while there are extreme cases where divorce or separation might be allowed, the Bible says that in general the marriage bond is for life. Jesus himself said: “He who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’ . . . So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.”—Matthew 19:4-6, 9; 1 Corinthians 7:12-16.

Today, these standards are widely ignored. Loose sexual practices are tolerated. Sexual relations between dating teenagers are viewed as normal. Living together without the benefit of marriage is accepted. Among married couples, illicit sexual affairs by either partner are not uncommon. And divorce is pandemic in this modern world. These relaxed standards, however, have not brought happiness. The bad results have proved that the Bible was right after all in insisting on strict moral standards.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by LightBearer
For many “living in sin” is no longer a sin? God tells us in no uncertain terms how he feels about such conduct. His Word, the Bible, states: “Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.” (Hebrews 13:4) Sex before marriage may not be a sin in the view of liberal clergymen and churchgoers, but it is a serious sin in God’s eyes! God requires that we refrain from such practices, which he views as unclean.

Scriptural standards are very strict. The only place for sexual intimacy is within marriage, and all such intimacy outside marriage is forbidden. We read: “Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men . . . will inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) Moreover, for Christians the Bible requires monogamy, one husband for one wife. (1 Timothy 3:2) And while there are extreme cases where divorce or separation might be allowed, the Bible says that in general the marriage bond is for life. Jesus himself said: “He who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’ . . . So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.”—Matthew 19:4-6, 9; 1 Corinthians 7:12-16.

Today, these standards are widely ignored. Loose sexual practices are tolerated. Sexual relations between dating teenagers are viewed as normal. Living together without the benefit of marriage is accepted. Among married couples, illicit sexual affairs by either partner are not uncommon. And divorce is pandemic in this modern world. These relaxed standards, however, have not brought happiness. The bad results have proved that the Bible was right after all in insisting on strict moral standards.

Interesting that these strict standards have not resulted in a greater number of successful marriages among Fundamentalist Christians.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Kristine
there is also another scenario which is where a couple lives together, but keeps seperate beds and bedrooms.  (A dating couple living like roomates.)

Do you see that situation any differently?

I do Kristine,

Many of us lived that way in the military (low pay, high rent), so we all shared a condo.

I'll give you a current situation as well...men and women serving together in the military, sharing the same barracks, foxholes, tanks, naval ships...etc.

No difference is there?  Simply sharing the same living quarters does not constitute a sin.

Upvote 0

Daniella

ô¿ô what are ya lookin at
Originally posted by Smilin
Zactly...no big problem. Many people have mutliple roommates (male and female) to share the living costs.

And falling asleep in a bed with a member of the opposite sex is not a sin daniella...lol :D

how about the member of the same sex :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Daniella

how about the member of the same sex :eek:

LOL...Did it THOUSANDS of times when I was in the miliatry.  Just the way it is. 200 of us slept in an equivalent space of your average dining room...for almost a year one time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
that's what i'm wondering too. but i guess i shouldn't have a bad attitude about it, cuz God has provided for me...
uhh...need to work on that.
but her parents live like 5 minutes away from me and my brother. i guess she just sleeps over at our apartment...and spends the day too...so she doesn't have to pay. ??? i don't know. lol

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by blueiverson
yeah.
or is two unmarried couples living together just something people should avoid...because of the temptation involved. like it's not wrong, only if sex isn't involved.

I lived with my ex fiance for about 2 years, so maybe I can give you some advice here. 99 times out of 100, sex will be involved with 2 people who are dating and living together. Unless you're a virgin or have taken an oath of celibacy, the temptation is too strong...and even then, the temptation will still be great. It is definately something to avoid, no matter how serious they are. I have learned from my past mistakes, which is why I have retaken my oath of celibacy.

Are they both practicing Christians?

Upvote 0