Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it’s like anything else, you have to use a bit of common sense and a bit of discernment as to what is appropriate and what isn’t. Lots of things have the potential to be bad or become obsessions. A healthy hobby is not a bad thing though.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it’s like anything else, you have to use a bit of common sense and a bit of discernment as to what is appropriate and what isn’t. Lots of things have the potential to be bad or become obsessions. A healthy hobby is not a bad thing though.
I agree for the most part. One thing I struggle with is being desensitized to things. An example would be violence in a video game. It doesn't really even register that it's gruesome to me anymore. I think that's a bad thing?

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’d personally say if you aren’t glorifying the violence it’s probably okay.
Agree with this but I'm not sure about society. Society has its ups and downs over time, so we might have violent films and games but previous societies tolerated World Wars and genocide, actual violence. Anyway that's a big tangent.

I think videogame violence varies between games. Usually you are playing as a "good" character who is the hero. At least it's not usually innocent people being harmed, which I think is what Biblical violence is

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’d quite happily go with that. And it is only fantasy. It’s not like you actually wish anyone harm.

I just tend to find games with violence like FPS and things quite boring for me. I’m more a LittleBigPlanet type person. Probably should have outgrown it by now but never mind.

Upvote 0

PlatinumTrophies

Learning The Way
Feb 14, 2019
Suburbia
✟3,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree for the most part. One thing I struggle with is being desensitized to things. An example would be violence in a video game. It doesn't really even register that it's gruesome to me anymore. I think that's a bad thing?
Not really, especially if you hunt your own food. For thousands of years, humans hunted or slaughtered their own animals. If you got hurt, you probably had to try fixing your own wound, not a doctor.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not really, especially if you hunt your own food. For thousands of years, humans hunted or slaughtered their own animals. If you got hurt, you probably had to try fixing your own wound, not a doctor.
I understand but I meant more the violence than the "gruesome" part. Animal slaughter doesn't bother me. Neither does what most people consider "violence"

Upvote 0