Discussion Two men in white, the most admirable, from Revelation.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am thinking of the two men in white at Jesus' ascension, and the two men in Revelation 11. And I match this up with the most admirable men in history. Men who could save not only themselves but others and bring comfort.
KJV Ezekiel 14:20-23
20Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

21For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast? 22Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

And KJV Revelation 11:1-13
1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

The Witnesses Killed and Raised

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

I think Ezekiel and Moses are those two men. They could stand up to droves of rebellious people, remain right, and save them. They were taken to Paradise, Jesus in his time took them to Heaven. They were justified in life, sanctified and further sanctified after they died, they were perfected. They are the ones to admire.

Eventually we will all be glorified. We'll be given crowns. Theirs are most excellent. Some of us who do not complete our commissions will not earn some crowns. Including aborted fetuses, youths and others. These two in perfection will have stood up against Satan himself. And we if need be will be able in glory, to enter their house, if permitted, and to take part in their good character and be given consolation crowns. Not that a crown has known power but as if it does, a bit like the rings from LOTR we will be raised up.

Reactions: hhodgson

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am thinking of the two men in white at Jesus' ascension, and the two men in Revelation 11. And I match this up with the most admirable men in history. Men who could save not only themselves but others and bring comfort.
KJV Ezekiel 14:20-23
20Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

21For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast? 22Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

And KJV Revelation 11:1-13
1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

The Witnesses Killed and Raised

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

I think Ezekiel and Moses are those two men. They could stand up to droves of rebellious people, remain right, and save them. They were taken to Paradise, Jesus in his time took them to Heaven. They were justified in life, sanctified and further sanctified after they died, they were perfected. They are the ones to admire.

Eventually we will all be glorified. We'll be given crowns. Theirs are most excellent. Some of us who do not complete our commissions will not earn some crowns. Including aborted fetuses, youths and others. These two in perfection will have stood up against Satan himself. And we if need be will be able in glory, to enter their house, if permitted, and to take part in their good character and be given consolation crowns. Not that a crown has known power but as if it does, a bit like the rings from LOTR we will be raised up.
Who do you think killed the Two Witnesses in Rev 11?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Who do you think killed the Two Witnesses in Rev 11?
It's in Verse 7
And my last paragraph, Satan himself. They face death with no fear... and later rise as proven characters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It's in Verse 7
And my last paragraph, Satan himself. They face death with no fear... and later rise as proven characters.
Hahaha, you made the same error common to most scholars that do not pay attention to scripture. Let's look at Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them and shall overcome them, and kill them.
  • Satan is NOT in the bottomless pit until after Armageddon Rev 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit and a heavy chain in his hand. 2 He seized the dragon—that old serpent, who is the devil, Satan—and bound him in chains for a thousand years. 3 The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterwards, he must be released for a little while.
The bad guy is Apollyon - a dangerous falling angel that has remained in the bottomless pit since he was cast out of heaven.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

The demon will be released from the bottomless pit to kill the Two Witnesses and into perdition, ie return to the bottomless pit. If you follow the chronology of eschatology, you'll find that Satan/the dragon is not yet in the pit.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

Hahaha, you made the same error common to most scholars that do not pay attention to scripture. Let's look at Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them and shall overcome them, and kill them.
  • Satan is NOT in the bottomless pit until after Armageddon Rev 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit and a heavy chain in his hand. 2 He seized the dragon—that old serpent, who is the devil, Satan—and bound him in chains for a thousand years. 3 The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterwards, he must be released for a little while.
The bad guy is Apollyon - a dangerous falling angel that has remained in the bottomless pit since he was cast out of heaven.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

The demon will be released from the bottomless pit to kill the Two Witnesses and into perdition, ie return to the bottomless pit. If you follow the chronology of eschatology, you'll find that Satan/the dragon is not yet in the pit.
I'll have to reread Revelation.

The two witnesses stand up to Apollyon.

Where is Satan now?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have long been puzzled by the whereabouts of Satan.
Some of us bump heads with him at times.

Traces of his activity are easily seen with how wars keep cropping up here and there in the world. He was the originator of such things, so it only makes sense that he is still here on earth causing them.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'll have to reread Revelation.

The two witnesses stand up to Apollyon.

Where is Satan now?
Satan is still free; roaming the earth, the second heaven and sometimes appearing before God to accuse the brethren according to these passages
  • Job 1:7 & 2:2 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
  • Matt 4:1-11 The Devil tempted Jesus after he fasted for 40 days and nights.
  • 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Amil will have you believe that Satan is presently locked up in the bottomless pit, but when you ask them to explain how he's still able to roam about they start dithering. Conversely, when he is finally locked up after the Lord returns according to Rev 20:1-3, there's no record of his interference during the millennial kingdom until his release, Rev 20:7-9.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Satan is still free; roaming the earth, the second heaven and sometimes appearing before God to accuse the brethren according to these passages
  • Job 1:7 & 2:2 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
  • Matt 4:1-11 The Devil tempted Jesus after he fasted for 40 days and nights.
  • 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Amil will have you believe that Satan is presently locked up in the bottomless pit, but when you ask them to explain how he's still able to roam about they start dithering. Conversely, when he is finally locked up after the Lord returns according to Rev 20:1-3, there's no record of his interference during the millennial kingdom until his release, Rev 20:7-9.
Yes he roams, and at some point is cast down from Heaven, the vantage point to accuse, and is then angry knowing his time is short.

The two witnesses face one of the most powerful evil spirits that exists. "Satan" refers to a lot of fallen angels. There is the name "Diabolo".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the enemy
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Eph 2

him & his network:
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

God's armor available to us:
From v 11 - put on God's armor. Also,
13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand" Eph 6
Once we are His, it's not automatic. We put on His armor. God certainly helps us every step.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes he roams, and at some point is cast down from Heaven, the vantage point to accuse, and is then angry knowing his time is short.

The two witnesses face one of the most powerful evil spirits that exists. "Satan" refers to a lot of fallen angels. There is the name "Diabolo".
To my understanding, "Diabolo" is a rendition of "devil" in one of the African languages spoken in the country of Guinea. So, Diabolo loosely interprets to, the "son of devil".

Yes, the 2Ws will face one of the most powerful fallen angels whom God has given into their hands to kill them. Some people erroneously attribute the death of the Two Witnesses to the antichrist, others claim that Satan is the bad guy, but they are all wrong. In Rev 11:7, we are told that the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit killed them. So, it is Abaddon/Apollyon (Rev 9:11) that kills the 2Ws.

Upvote 0