Two groups of "people of God"

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
The High Priest of the Melchizedek Priestly line is the true High Priest of Shabbat, the Creator of the universe, by which all that is, was created.

It is only the failing of the early Church (and successive versions of the Church) by which he is deemed to be the High Priest only of the 1st day of the week and not Shabbat, as well. In fact, the average pew warmer would have no idea what this conversation is all about - that's how bad it is.

There is quite a lot of stuff out there about Melchizedek, actually, but our prime resource is the letter to the Hebrews, supported by Genesis and Psalms. If all Scripture is breathed by G_d, then we must take it seriously, and it points to Yeshua being the High Priest in the line of Melchizedek.

It is also one view that holds Paul all together!
actually, there's very little on Malki Tzedek. There certainly is no line of priests, that would imply descendants- those are not listed. Further more, the Torah lists only one priesthood, the one, everlasting, established at Sinai. Anything beside that is a man made construct.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
actually, there's very little on Malki Tzedek. There certainly is no line of priests, that would imply descendants- those are not listed. Further more, the Torah lists only one priesthood, the one, everlasting, established at Sinai. Anything beside that is a man made construct.

For MJ's and Christians, the picture is very different, based, surprisingly perhaps on the Tanach, as well as the writings in the Christian Testament in the letter to the Hebrews.

I respect the view you put forward, but obviously would not be able to agree with it. :) There are man-made constructs in Judaism, too, so maybe we both have these as a part of our religious understandings; who is to say which are self evident, looking at scripture, and which not? :)

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
For MJ's and Christians, the picture is very different, based, surprisingly perhaps on the Tanach, as well as the writings in the Christian Testament in the letter to the Hebrews.

I respect the view you put forward, but obviously would not be able to agree with it. :) There are man-made constructs in Judaism, too, so maybe we both have these as a part of our religious understandings; who is to say which are self evident, looking at scripture, and which not? :)
Frankly, I'm puzzled by the fascination with the King of Salem who is mentioned only in passing and without any details. We really don't know anything about him; even the speculation that he's Shem is just that, a speculation. Of his priesthood we know even less, of descendants we know precisely nothing. He's line of priesthood, crickets. The written text is very, very thin for someone of that much importance.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Frankly, I'm puzzled by the fascination with the King of Salem who is mentioned only in passing and without any details. We really don't know anything about him; even the speculation that he's Shem is just that, a speculation. Of his priesthood we know even less, of descendants we know precisely nothing. He's line of priesthood, crickets. He is a subplot in the story. The written text is very, very thin for someone of that much importance.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Frankly, I'm puzzled by the fascination with the King of Salem who is mentioned only in passing and without any details. We really don't know anything about him; even the speculation that he's Shem is just that, a speculation. Of his priesthood we know even less, of descendants we know precisely nothing. He's line of priesthood, crickets. The written text is very, very thin for someone of that much importance.

Have you read the letter to the Hebrews? If not, I suggest you might do so :)

PS I love cricket but you have lost me with the wording of that sentence!

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Have you read the letter to the Hebrews? If not, I suggest you might do so :)

PS I love cricket but you have lost me with the wording of that sentence!
And where did whoever wrote the letter get his information? Not from the Torah, that much is certain.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2017
texas
✟16,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and few find it.

Those who the Father is calling
will find the truth.

We plant the seed and the Ruach HaKodesh waters it.

Some will remain blinded by the traditions
they inherited from their fathers.
When they refuse the truth, we shake the dust off our feet and move on.

El Shaddai will bring us together, not man.

:hibiscus::cherryblossom::hibiscus:

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0