New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You may be familar with Saint Faustina from the Novena to the Divine Mercy. This was taken from her diary to give to us. Well, there was a lot of other information in her diary. The Two Divine Promises is another Promise that the Lord gave to then Sister Faustina and she put it down into her diary.
These are the Two Divine Promises from our Lord. "Each individual who will receive Holy Communion worthily for 30 consecitive days and will recite the Our Father and the Hail Mary for the Welfare of the Holy Catholic Church, will receive for himself and one other soul selected by him, the assurance of Eternal Salvation."
Also "Each priest who worthily offers the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass for 30 consecutive days and, in addition, makes the Station of the Cross daily will receive for himself and one other soul selected by him, the assurance of Eternal Dalvation"
All of this information can be found at http://7dolors.com/page2divinepromises.htm
Why am I giving you this information. I started out on this Novena during the Easter season. I was on about day 15 when I started to feel a difference in myself. A calmness and I felt so at peace. All of the little things that would bother me were gone. I told my wife about it and she became interested. I had ordered the booklet on the Two Divine Promises by Fr. Roman Hoppe and received it. To my suprise, the first thing I saw was the statements of others that had done this Novena. Many of them had experience the same thing. One that sticks out was a lady that was saying the novena for her alcoholic husband who had fallen away from the Church. At the conclusion of her novena, her husband fell to his knees, told her he was a new person and was giving up alcohol and was returning to the Church. He is now a model husband. This booklet had at least 20 similar stories.
This was the strongest reason that I will follow Saint Faustina diary. In it she wrote that the Lord told her "FROM POLAND WILL COME A SPARK THAT WILL IGNITE THE WHOLE WORLD AND PREPARE IT FOR MY FINAL COMING."
I feel that this was telling us of Pope John Paul II who brought down the communist governments of Poland and the USSR and others and has been a great Leader in the world. The thing is Sister Faustina died in 1938. This is before Pope John Paul was really recognized as a possible Pope. She became a Saint in 2000. Anyone interested in the booklet is at www.olrl.org I think for a dollar. The nuns of the Rosary will accept a check. Click on Catalog.
I'm on my 24th day of Mass and Communion and believe me I feel so much closer to Christ. I know that many of you may already attend daily mass but this was something new to me. I just wanted to share this information with you because it has change me greatly. Any questions, please PM me.

God Bless Each of You, GlynnW

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bless you ShannonMcMorland, I know the Lord and Saint Faustina will be smiling down on you and all that decide to take up this Cross of the Novena of The Two Divine Promises. After I reach my 30 days I have been feeling the calling to continue for another 30 days. I think it causes you to focus on the Lord, the Mass schedules, your own schedule and you are putting the Lord first. My priest has started to look at me as to say, well, where has he been. I've never seen you on a week day. Whats going on. I'm sure he is happy to see me. I'll have to tell him what I'm doing.

Bless You, GlynnW

Upvote 0

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
clskinner said:
There's a special on Sr. Faustina on EWTN right now.

Yes, I was able to see some of it. EWTN has the Novena to the Divine Mercy in song at 6 am and 2 pm central everyday lately. It is quite moving.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.