tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A good example of what's wrong with such so-called "fact checking".
You're right, they should have been fact checking his tweets for his entire time in office. But, better late than never I say.
tulc(is always happy to find things to agree with others about) :oldthumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It had been predicted for months that both Twitter and Facebook would be throwing their full weight behind the Democratic candidate(s) in 2020; and those people who warned about this happening are looking pretty smart at the moment.

Partisan loyalties aside, is this move in the direction of authoritarianism in our country something to be alarmed about...or is it just "more politics as usual" and "all's fair in love and politics?"

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It had been predicted for months that both Twitter and Facebook would be throwing their full weight behind the Democratic candidate(s) in 2020; and those people who warned about this happening are looking pretty smart at the moment.
Could be, of course...the President could also simply stop posting false information and encouraging violence? But seeing it as a conspiracy against him is a lot easier then hoping that would happen. :sorry:
tulc(was wondering when the "PRESIDENT TRUMP IS THE REAL VICTIM HERE!!" post was going to show up) :swoon:

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Screenshot_2020-05-29-12-49-47.png

Here's some level headed non violence being promoted as per Twitter policy...

I guess their policy has little to do with violence and everything to do with political party.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or it does. The History Behind 'When The Looting Starts, The Shooting Starts' :wave:
tulc(sort of thought quoting racist rhetoric was one of the things that encourages violence?) :scratch:

It's kind of a jump to information no one has to call the officers actions "racist" or racially motivated in the case of the death here. For all you know they were poorly trained officers following accepted protocol of the department.

In which case, it's the training and protocol which needs to change and jumping to "racism" is an affront to the truth, as it could have happened to anyone.

This is why the police officers were fired, and the department, the FBI, and the DOJ are all investigating... to get to the heart of the issues that may be in play and find a way to resolve them.

Of course, most of the evidence may be gone now, sadly. And the violence will have set back any investigation and prevented a faster resolution to the issues in this town.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
tulc(sort of thought quoting racist rhetoric was one of the things that encourages violence?)
If you think that it's racist to tell looting thugs that they'll get shot if they engage in looting thuggery, that means that you are the racist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump's tweet can be interpreted two ways:

1.) Looters, if they are not stopped, will become shooters.
2.) Looters should be shot.

Either way, he's right.

I'm sorry, I don't understand why either one of those would be right. A looter who is not stopped will just be a successful looter. Looting does not somehow lead to becoming a shooter. So, no, that's not right.

Likewise, do you really think the appropriate response to someone looting is to shoot them? Even a harsh ethic like "eye for an eye" would not justify such a response. So, no again, not right.

I apologize if I've misunderstood your post, but I don't understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you think that it's racist to tell looting thugs that they'll get shot if they engage in looting thuggery, that means that you are the racist.
...or I'm not and the President quoted a remark made in the 60's by a racist sheriff. In which case he was encouraging violence. Which is against the rules on Twitter. :wave:
tulc(which President Trump shouldn't be doing)

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
President quoted a remark made in the 60's by a racist sheriff.
Genetic Fallacy.

In which case he was encouraging violence.
Nope. To warn a looting thug of the potentially fatal cosequences of his actions is to discourage violence, and no rational person would suggest otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genetic Fallacy. (snip)
NICE! I'm going to have to remember that one!
Genetic Fallacy
I might however point this part out:
Exception: At times, the origin of the claim is relevant to the truth of the claim.
Kind of like when someone at recent open up rally held a "work will make you free" sign. :eek:
tulc(is always interested in learning about stuff!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, I don't understand why either one of those would be right. A looter who is not stopped will just be a successful looter. Looting does not somehow lead to becoming a shooter.

It already has. People have been shot at these riots. Not by police but by other rioters.

I'm still waiting to hear your reason for why looters should be shot.

To put a stop to looting.

public hermit said:
Caught and put in jail? Sure.

That hasn't happened...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kind of like when someone at recent open up rally held a "work will make you free" sign. :eek:
tulc(is always interested in learning about stuff!)

Well, it's kinda a tradition for the extreme right.

Upvote 0