Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO issued an apology of sorts after he shared details of his Chick-fil-A discount online. (We've reached a new low.)
"This is an interesting company to boost during Pride month, Jack," tweeted former CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien, noting June is the month designated to celebrate LGBT communities around the world.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad to see Mr. Dorsey acknowledge his mistake like that. I don't patronize Chick-fil-A either because of anti-gay controversery surrounding the restaurant. I refuse to spend my money there.
Really? Where do you eat?

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you ask? Are you trying to set me up or something?
I'm curious what establishments you patronize, since you won't patronize Chick-fil-A. It's not a set-up. Of course, I'll have to pile on if you mention a vegan restaurant. :D

• Haha
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious what establishments you patronize, since you won't patronize Chick-fil-A. It's not a set-up. Of course, I'll have to pile on if you mention a vegan restaurant. :D

I apologize for my suspicion... I like Tex-Mex restaurants and the occasional barbecue.

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO issued an apology of sorts after he shared details of his Chick-fil-A discount online. (We've reached a new low.)

We've got to stop being so thinned skinned in this country. You should not be crucified simply because you choose to eat in a restaurant whose CEO choose to donate money to groups you don't agree with back in 2012. i mean, if Chick-fil-a was openly hostile and openly antigay then that is one thing. but the CEO choosing to support his political agenda through donations is legal and ethical. As near as I can tell, he didn't donate money to any orgs that break the law. So meh, part of being an American is that you have the right to speak and support things you believe in...

We occasionally will eat a Chick-fil-a. I appreciate their good customer service which is a sign they treat their employees well.

Every single time I've gone into a Chick-fil-a I have been BLOWN AWAY by the customer service. On a scale of 1 to 10 the food is a solid 8. But their customer service is a giant 10 with gold stars and fairy dust erupting from the top.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Chick-fil-a is one of the best simple pleasures in life. Start your morning off with a chicken biscuit with honey drizzled on & some sweet tea, you'll be happier for it all day long. The Twitter CEO had nothing to apologize for. There's plenty of folks who work for Chick-fil-a who do support gay marriage. He doesn't have to avoid it on account of some who don't. Just like how conservatives who don't support SSM shouldn't feel reluctant to shop at Target on account of them celebrating gay pride month. Folks on all sides of things need to just chill out. Go get some waffle fries from Chick-fil-a, some cheap Ben & Jerry's from Target, enjoy the good things.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad to see Mr. Dorsey acknowledge his mistake like that. I don't patronize Chick-fil-A either because of anti-gay controversery surrounding the restaurant. I refuse to spend my money there.
No tolerance for you either?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Canadian here. Fried chicken aint as mich of a thing up here...though ita starting.

Popeyes is newish in my town. How does it compare to CFA?

ps...korean fried chicken is my favourite so far.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Canadian here. Fried chicken aint as mich of a thing up here...though ita starting.

Popeyes is newish in my town. How does it compare to CFA?

ps...korean fried chicken is my favourite so far.
I've enjoyed Korean fried chicken from Whole Foods. Fried food in general is big here in Alabama. Fried catfish is probably the better than the fried chicken.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I've enjoyed Korean fried chicken from Whole Foods. Fried food in general is big here in Alabama. Fried catfish is probably the better than the fried chicken.
Funny. I did tried catfish stew when I lived in Skorea. It had that 'gochu' pepper spice and not to my liking. Sadly, it's prolly put me off catfish harder than the poor animal deserves to be.
I've never had fried food that made me turn up my nose; What is fried catfish like? Totally different from, say cod?

If they have a "Kyochun chicken" restaurant anywhere near you (korean fried chicken chain....and I do hear they have places in NA), it was that stuff that probably single handedly gave me 10 extra lbs over two years.....ridiculous how tastey.

ps. Seems waaaay to overblown to give this dude a hard time like in the OP

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Funny. I did tried catfish stew when I lived in Skorea. It had that 'gochu' pepper spice and not to my liking. Sadly, it's prolly put me off catfish harder than the poor animal deserves to be.
I've never had fried food that made me turn up my nose; What is fried catfish like? Totally different from, say cod?

If they have a "Kyochun chicken" restaurant anywhere near you (korean fried chicken chain....and I do hear they have places in NA), it was that stuff that probably single handedly gave me 10 extra lbs over two years.....ridiculous how tastey.

ps. Seems waaaay to overblown to give this dude a hard time like in the OP
I've only had baked cod, as I recall. My dad enjoys fishing for catfish. I'm used to his. The catfish at this place in Alabama is real good.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,252.00
Faith
Christian
We've got to stop being so thinned skinned in this country. You should not be crucified simply because you choose to eat in a restaurant whose CEO choose to donate money to groups you don't agree with back in 2012.

So twitter has just become a platform for virtue signalling now?

"Oh, you ate there?! Oh, I would never do that because <insert crap reason here>. See, I'm better than you."

Upvote 0