May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Disappointing US election result.

To my mind, the fundamental challenge facing our age is to find ways to eradicate absolute poverty, worldwide, while simultaneously living comfortably within the global ecological carrying capacity.

This would be good stuff to do, because if the poor get richer, they will be able to buy stuff, which means the global economy will grow. And, if we all lived within the constraints of one planet for all people (as opposed to the 1.6 planets we currently need, or 4.1 planets if we all lived like US Americans), we will be passing on to our children, and theirs, etc, a sustainable way of life that makes for their future being even better than our present.

Nothing I have heard from Trump, or republicans in general, persuades me that these two vital issues are now part of the US political and economic agenda.

The best I can hope for, it seems, is that four years from now Trump will be a proven incompetent, and gone.

Best wishes, and commiserations to democrats,

Strivax.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Disappointing US election result.

To my mind, the fundamental challenge facing our age is to find ways to eradicate absolute poverty, worldwide, while simultaneously living comfortably within the global ecological carrying capacity.

This would be good stuff to do, because if the poor get richer, they will be able to buy stuff, which means the global economy will grow. And, if we all lived within the constraints of one planet for all people (as opposed to the 1.6 planets we currently need, or 4.1 planets if we all lived like US Americans), we will be passing on to our children, and theirs, etc, a sustainable way of life that makes for their future being even better than our present.

Nothing I have heard from Trump, or republicans in general, persuades me that these two vital issues are now part of the US political and economic agenda.

The best I can hope for, it seems, is that four years from now Trump will be a proven incompetent, and gone.

Best wishes, and commiserations to democrats,

Strivax.
or maybe he will not be and still here.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed. Maybe Americans will get richer, think that the most important consideration facing our generation, and keep him in power, while the poor of many nations suffer from and die of hunger, and the world's resources and habitats are squandered, trashed and wasted.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Indeed. Maybe Americans will get richer, think that the most important consideration facing our generation, and keep him in power, while the poor of many nations suffer from and die of hunger, and the world's resources and habitats are squandered, trashed and wasted.

Best wishes, Strivax.
He is not even in office yet, currently the president ELECT. Until he is we will not know, after all people were saying she was going to win the election, yet not all states have even been CALLED and he has won, by nine votes ( even if she takes ALL the remaining votes on the map.

Upvote 0