• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Turkey says Trump declaring Jerusalem to be Israel's capital will start 'fire with no end in sight'

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Dec 6, 2017.

1. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+89,646
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    LOL! Leave it alone, eh?

I understand.

2. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+2,473
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Ooh, I didn’t know that...good catch.

Trump’s administration reminds me very much of Basil’s Fawlty Towers...

3. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Alpha Male (Retired)

+3,377
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Same with North Korea. Everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off while all NK wants is to reunite with South Korea, under their communist rule, and nothing more.

4. brinny

+89,646
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    And i'm assuming that South Korea is not interested in reuniting with North Korea?

5. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+5,194
    Methodist
    Married
    You might be surprised. I was.

Same is true for Taiwan.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,739
    United States
    Married
    What is the surprise with South Korea?

7. NightHawkeye

+5,194
    Methodist
    Married
    Don't know if it'd be a surprise for you.

Folks in divided countries often want to reunite those countries. Germany is a prominent recent example.

8. OldWiseGuy

+3,377
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Many in the south want some form of peaceful and productive coexistence but not reunification with the present regime.

9. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,739
    United States
    Married
    I am pretty sure that South Korea does not want to unite with North Korea to be a communist utopia ruled by rocket man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. OldWiseGuy

+3,377
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    There are some serious problems with the reunited Germany. The former east Germany remains problematic. Under communism everything there suffered; health, education, industry, infrastructure. They are still in need of rehabilitation in many areas from those dark years. They are also looked down on socially by many in western Germany.

11. NightHawkeye

+5,194
    Methodist
    Married
    I never said they did.

The question though was whether South Koreans want to reunite with North Korea. They do. Many still have familial ties as well as cultural history. I've spent months in South Korea and heard it first hand. I've similarly heard it first hand from Taiwanese about their desire to reunite with China.

12. brinny

+89,646
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    They just don't want NK attacking them....

although NK could possibly implode from the inside. Conditions there are baaaaaad, even for their soldiers.

13. szechuan

szechuan Newbie

+740
    Agnostic
    Private
    Trump still not a Globalist?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. wing2000

wing2000 Ex Crosswalk Member Supporter

+2,694
    Christian
    Married
    ...ah, but some in the church seem to think God needs help with bringing about these end time events.

However, let's get to the real real reason some Christians support Israel: The self-serving belief that if the United States treats Israel special, God will bless the United States.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. Ygrene Imref

Ygrene Imref Well-Known Member

+968
    Other Religion
    Celibate
    Which is all predicted on the erroneous idea that Israel is a physical nation - when God says it is a physical body of people.

Genesis 12:2
    I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.
    Genesis 17:1-8
    Then Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life.

I will make a covenant with you, by which I will guarantee to give you countless descendants.”

At this, Abram fell face down on the ground. Then God said to him,

“This is my covenant with you: I will make you the father of a multitude of nations!

What’s more, I am changing your name. It will no longer be Abram. Instead, you will be called Abraham, for you will be the father of many nations.

I will make you extremely fruitful. Your descendants will become many nations, and kings will be among them!

“I will confirm my covenant with you and your descendants after you, from generation to generation. This is the everlasting covenant: I will always be your God and the God of your descendants after you.
    I have a feeling if/when the physical land of Israel is razed, many will lose faith because they will believe God has forsaken them - destroying "Israel." Israel will be the remnant of people who follow God - a borderless nation. Israel will never be destroyed, and never has been, because God has always, and will always leave a remnant of select people to be as witnesses to His judgment(s) and blessings.

16. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN Charlee. 8 /18 / 2017

+1,421
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Like I said U.S should have never declared or gave land to Israel. They shouldn't even been aloud too. It wasn't the U.S land to begin with. What Trump did was just add to the insult. And the U.S wonders why they're hated

17. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+10,380
    Agnostic
    Single
    Anyone know if the US is getting anything out of this deal?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+8,842
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    The kind of tool we need is a scalpel and the kind of tool Trump is is a rock tied to a stick.

19. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Evangelical Catholic Supporter

+4,164
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    I'm hoping a court overrules his decision to move the embassies. I don't see a good reason for it, and plenty of reasons not to. The US has an interest in upholding peace in the region, regardless of the political capital Trump hopes to score with this foolish move.

20. Nithavela

Nithavela My spell of light blinds the monster!

+6,288
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Can courts do this?