• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Turkey says Trump declaring Jerusalem to be Israel's capital will start 'fire with no end in sight'

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+5,188
    Methodist
    Married
    Turkey says declaring Jerusalem Israel's capital will start 'fire with no end in sight'

“Declaring Jerusalem a capital is disregarding history and the truths in the region, it is a big injustice/cruelty, shortsightedness, foolishness/madness, it is plunging the region and the world into a fire with no end in sight,” Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag said on Twitter.

Imagine that.

Worse than ISIS, worse than Iran getting nukes, worse than the unending war against the US and Israel. Really?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. cow451

cow451 Shaken, Not Stirred Supporter

+6,243
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Trump needed a new distraction now that North Korea is likely through testing miles for awhile.

3. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+6,488
    Judaism
    Married
    Well, it's got a good chance of pushing some people who would have been moderate toward the extreme side, so it could be worse than those things. Recruiting tools aren't that great.

My personal preference would be for there to be some kind of peace deal in place before the US makes this kind of change. We are strongly favoring one side over the other and while that's the side I favor, I don't believe it's going to help at all in the peace process.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+3,741
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    UK-Labour
    Takes ants nest, Jump on it, repeat! American Middle East policy.

5. NightHawkeye

+5,188
    Methodist
    Married
    Noting that other nations are responsible for their own actions.

6. Nithavela

Nithavela My spell of light blinds the monster!

+6,277
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Which is why the USA has never meddles in the actions of other nations. Ever ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+4,249
    Atheist
    US-Others
    That would include us sticking our nose into everything and the resulting fallout. For starters, look at Iran and Iraq (twice).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. NightHawkeye

+5,188
    Methodist
    Married
    Noting that Jerusalem is already Israel's capital ... and has been for many years.

9. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+5,596
    Atheist
    Married
    Which means we Americans are responsible for Trump's incredibly stupid actions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Alpha Male (Retired)

+3,372
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Seems like Mr. Bozdag has been reading the end time prophecies about Jerusalem (in the bible of course). Of course when the 'fire' starts the end will be in sight. :bow:

11. cow451

+6,243
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Noting Trump needs another distraction.

12. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+1,072
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Where does God want the capitol to be ? Prophecy being fulfilled can look very distracting, even upsetting. Trump doesn't think like politicians everyone is used to, he just does things. That's why he got voted in, people are sick up to their eyeballs with politicians doing business as usual. My personal belief is he got in because that is what God wants, he has the needed qualities to be used by God for this very time. I said back when everyone said trump would lose to Hillary, that not so if God is in this. And nothing has happened since to change my mind. Trump is a key piece of prophecy being fulfilled. Trump is not a politician, he is a tool used by God. You can't stop what God puts in motion and you can't start moving what God has stopped.

13. Gadarene

Gadarene -______-

+1,920
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour
    I don’t know about the God part, but he certainly is a tool

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Gadarene

Gadarene -______-

+1,920
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour
    I mean for goodness sakes, could the guy maybe generate and deal with one international crisis at a time?

Even making these blunders sequentially rather than simultaneously would be an improvement at this stage.

15. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+1,072
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    :idea:

16. cow451

+6,243
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I partially agree with you.:ebil:

17. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,739
    United States
    Married
    Just the wrong tool.

18. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy The artist formerly known as miniverchivi Supporter

+5,482
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    ...and this is the problem with using religion (or pandering to those who do...in the case of Trump, it's pandering) when setting policy or engaging in international affairs.

People really need to look at the history of the region starting in around 1915 to understand why it's such a sore point for certain people living in the region.

For evangelical republicans who claim to outraged by the premise of refugees (who happen to be their religious rivals) being transplanted into their region without their consent, you'd really think they'd be more sympathetic to the resentment...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,739
    United States
    Married
    If Trump was really bold, He would recognize the Armenian Genocide today too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Dawnhammer

Dawnhammer Well-Known Member

+422
    Christian
    Married
    “He just does things. “

That’s cute when your 3 year old does it. When it is the commander in chief of the most expensive military world has ever seen it kind of loses the novelty very fast.