Tuning an Orchestra to 444 rather than 440....

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is some interesting information on how worship can be improved by tuning to 444 rather than 440.

I don't personally know exactly what he means by this but I am sure that music teachers and worship leaders will immediately understand what he explains.

It is explained after the 24:00 minute mark in this video by Dr. Kevin Zadai:

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is some interesting information on how worship can be improved by tuning to 444 rather than 440.

I don't personally know exactly what he means by this but I am sure that music teachers and worship leaders will immediately understand what he explains.

It is explained after the 24:00 minute mark in this video by Dr. Kevin Zadai:

He's speaking of tuning slightly higher (sharper).

I've never heard of this being a benefit to worship ...

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He's speaking of tuning slightly higher (sharper).

I've never heard of this being a benefit to worship ...

It is the first that I ever heard of it as well.... but it sounded like something that could really be worth trying to see if you get the same results as he reported?

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Out of the deep I called unto thee O Lord
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟707,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hold a degree in music. Most of what this guys says is rubbish. A=440 Hz is a standard that was developed in the early 20th century so instrument makers had a standard. In Baroque (Think JS Bach) times A=415 Hz. When I was playing European orchestras where using A=444 hz. I bought an "A" clarinet form a guy in the Netherlands while in college only to find this out the hard way. Will it make a difference? Probably not. Most people, even trained musicians could not tell the difference.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I hold a degree in music. Most of what this guys says is rubbish. A=440 Hz is a standard that was developed in the early 20th century so instrument makers had a standard. In Baroque (Think JS Bach) times A=415 Hz. When I was playing European orchestras where using A=444 hz. I bought an "A" clarinet form a guy in the Netherlands while in college only to find this out the hard way. Will it make a difference? Probably not. Most people, even trained musicians could not tell the difference.

Thank you for that truly informative reply!

So I get the impression from you that this is easier to do than I had expected from what he stated about this?

Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the first that I ever heard of it as well.... but it sounded like something that could really be worth trying to see if you get the same results as he reported?
There are some youtube videos on the subject ...

• Informative
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We tried this at our church not too long ago. I had seen the videos too, and had always wanted to try it. You can hear the difference if you have an ear for music. I really liked it. The word we kept coming up with is that it felt "brighter"

• Informative
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We tried this at our church not too long ago. I had seen the videos too, and had always wanted to try it. You can hear the difference if you have an ear for music. I really liked it. The word we kept coming up with is that it felt "brighter"
It's a bit brighter ...

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

That is exactly what I suspected might well occur........... Thank you immensely!

Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Out of the deep I called unto thee O Lord
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟707,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for that truly informative reply!

So I get the impression from you that this is easier to do than I had expected from what he stated about this?
My $8 Korg tuner can be calibrated to A=444hz. But its not just a matter of calibrating a tuner. Certain instruments are made with A=440 hz as a standard. So adjusting the tuner will just make the instrument play out of tune. There are ways to compensate for this to an extant but will never really work. This was my experience with the A clarinet. String instruments pose less of a problem although still present. Especially fretted instruments which are already a compromise because of equal temperament.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

On one level.....
I strongly suspect that whatever it was that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus meant by the word "demons"... I am guessing that these demons do NOT LIKE music played at 444 Hz and they may well begin to manifest and then leave whoever has allowed them into at least one part of their lives.

I'm wondering if Christians who have had an addiction to inappropriate content for example..... if they listened to music played at 444 Hz.... would they all of a sudden find that they now have greater strength to overcome what has been bogging them down in the past?????

Here is one of the better explanations for "demons" that I have read that is in plain and easy to understand English.

This is just a guess but I have read of lust, greed, anger, jealousy, pride as being described as emotions of lower vibration than gratefulness, love, joy and humility.

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience

b. His Guided Tour of the Earthbound Realm with Jesus

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's tour of the Earthbound Realm: Then Jesus begins to take Ritchie on a journey through various realms of the afterlife. They fly toward a large city on Earth where they notice a group of assembly-line workers at work. They witnesses the spirit of a woman trying desperately to grab a cigarette from the workers who were oblivious to her presence. This woman had died severely addicted to cigarettes and was now cut off from the one thing she desperately desired most.

Ritchie realizes how the spirits in these realms immediately know the thoughts of other spirits around them. This is the reason they tend to group together with other spirits. It is too threatening to be around others who knew and disagreed with their thoughts.

Jesus leads Ritchie to a house somewhere on Earth where he is shown the spirit of a young man following his living family members around and begging them for forgiveness. But the family members are completely unaware of his presence. Jesus tells Ritchie the young man committed suicide and is "chained to every consequence of his act."

They then traveled to a bar somewhere on Earth which was filled with sailors drinking heavily. Spirits surrounded the sailors as they tried desperately, and in vain, to grasp the shot glasses to get a drink. Other spirits tried to control the sailors' alcoholic behavior. Ritchie learns these are the spirits of people who died still having a severe alcoholic addiction which went beyond the physical. He is bewildered as he observes one of the sailors passing out causing the sailor's protective aura surrounding him to crack open. When it does, it allows a spirit to scramble into the sailor's unconscious body. This scene was repeated over and over.

Mat 10:8

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Upvote 0