Tulsi Gabbard's End Game

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
images

I can't help but wonder what Tuls Gabbard's end game plan is in her merely voting "present" for Impeachment. Interesting she states on the substance she would have voted YES to impeach but because it wasn't bipartisan she put down merely "present".

So she took the position that Pelosi had forsaken prior that Impeachment must be bipartisan. So what's her game plan? Is she considering that if the Democrats get taken to the wood shed over this next November at least she'll come out of it as the voice of balance.....that she held on to there must be a by bipartisan approach? Could it be that she calculated that the public will demand in the not to distant future that Democrats have at least some who aren't way beyond extreme and she'll be looked upon as a good pick for a Democrat Vice President? Something tells me she is one smart lady and I suspect her career in politics is far from over.

Last edited:

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So she took the position that Pelosi had forsaken prior that Impeachment must be bipartisan.

No she didn't.

So what's her game plan?

To stand out with a unique position, in a bid to get attention. Sadly for her, the situation is so polarized that hardly anyone will find the 'no comment' vote appealing.

• Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I can't help but wonder what Tuls Gabbard's end game plan is in her merely voting "present" for Impeachment. Interesting she states on the substance she would have voted YES to impeach but because it wasn't bipartisan she put down merely "present".

So she took the position that Pelosi had forsaken prior that Impeachment must be bipartisan. So what's her game plan? Is she considering that if the Democrats get taken to the wood shed over this next November at least she'll come out of it as the voice of balance.....that she held on to there must be a by bipartisan approach? Could it be that she calculated that the public will demand in the not to distant future that Democrats have at least some who aren't way beyond extreme and she'll be looked upon as a good pick for a Democrat Vice President? Something tells me she is one smart lady and I suspect her career in politics is far from over.
Protest vote?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Protest vote?
No. She had nothing to gain or lose by yes or no. She simply notes that we all know what the President is. But enough Americans don’t care enough to address it.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
imo, she's creating an independent identity for 2024 as the candidate who bucked the parties...

I question her rational though in voting present. If the President is guilty (“Trump is guilty of wrongdoing”), one votes accordingly.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
images

Pelosi said it "must be bipartisan" to be legit.

You have to credit Tulsi for sticking with Pelosi's lead on that one.

Maybe it was her way of saying that the party had gone off the rails at that point in the process since they were not making a bipartisan case for impeachment - but rather were going for the purely political partisan "hack" solution that would have no future in the Senate, no future among independents, moderates or Republicans. - That's a losing strategy for the democrats and Tulsi Gabbard knew it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Kai Kahele, a Democratic state senator who is running to succeed Gabbard in Congress, said the vote left their congressional district voiceless.

You don’t get a participation trophy for voting ‘present’ on one of the most crucial votes taken this Congress,” Kahele said on Twitter. “The 2nd District has been left #voiceless once again. This is unacceptable!”

Kahele, who supported impeaching Trump, has been critical of Gabbard for missing many votes while she campaigns for the Democratic nomination for president. According to the website govtrack.us, Gabbard missed 88.7% of the 141 House votes taken in the past three months.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums