• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Tulsi Gabbard Interview: Rigged Debates, Media Smears, & Taking On The DNC

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:50 PM.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,954
    Methodist
    Married
    From the "An interesting alternative to watching the Democrat debate", files: Rigged Debates, Media Smears, & Taking On The DNC | Tulsi Gabbard

In the interview with Dave Rubin, Tulsi starts off discussing her lawsuit against Google. After that she discusses her love for the country and even discusses the most taboo topic of fiscal responsibility.

It's an inspiring interview.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Cimorene

Cimorene ·   ˚ * .     Supporter

+4,130
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Tulsi is awesome. I love how the Trump supporters always go out of their way to give her publicity. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. NightHawkeye

+7,954
    Methodist
    Married
    Hmm ... Uniter in chief.

Has a nice ring to it.

4. Chadrho

Chadrho a blind squirrel that found a nut Supporter

+365
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm a fan.

5. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,635
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you for posting this interview. I'd never watched the Rubin Report and I found the interviewer to be quite likeable, intelligent, and knowledgeable.
    I like Tulsi Gabbard and wanted to hear more from her. This interview was very helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Cimorene

+4,130
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    She's a really great role model! I know Ella on here wants to go into politics she's admired Tulsi for forever. Did you know she was only 21 when she got elected for the 1st time? That's legit awesome. But now in huge part bc of the Trump supporters who don't like her she's gotten way more publicity. That's cool tho bc now more ppl know about her!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,897
    Anglican
    Married
    It does show, however, that there is no longer any room for even a moderate--not a conservative, but a moderate or Centrist--in the leadership positions of the Democratic Party.

Yes, ordinary individuals who vote Democratic when they go to the polls may still be Truman-type, labor union Democrats, etc. ...

but the machinery and the direction of the Party itself is long gone from all of that.

That a person like Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, who is no "Blue Dog" Democrat (remember them?) or right-winger isn't even to be allowed onstage for the Democratic Party debates speaks for itself about the state of affairs at this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. NightHawkeye

+7,954
    Methodist
    Married
    Presumably, you're referring to me ... since I posted the interview.

You're wrong. I do like Tulsi. Though I don't agree generally with her policy positions, I would not feel uncomfortable with her as president. She loves the country. She understands responsibility. She understands the need to have honest and frank discussion on both sides of issues. Most importantly, she appears to have the backbone necessary to move the Democratic party platform to a better place.
    You're welcome.

9. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+12,007
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Tulsi, like any other American adult without severe brain damage, would be a better choice than Trump. Not sure why she hasn’t caught on, but the rules of each party are what they are. She could go third party but that would play to Trump’s advantage.

10. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+9,564
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I found it unfortunate that she bought into the false narratives that the interviewer had. For instance, the question about "open border" that the other Dems supposedly believe - but don't. She behaved as if they do. She was led in that interview. I won't vote for her in a primary.

11. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,703
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    She's the only candidate (from any party) who is serious about stopping our regime change foreign policy since 9/11 -- a waste of 6T dollars and loss of life - and investing in our infrastructure and people at home. For that, and the fact that she is an intelligent, articulate and sincere person, she would have my vote.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 1:22 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. wing2000

+5,703
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...plus, I would love to see her destroy the bone-spurs Trump in a debate.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Cimorene

+4,130
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Lol. No, it doesn't show that at all. :)

14. NightHawkeye

+7,954
    Methodist
    Married
    We'll see what happens when time for the next debate comes around. The DNC went out of its way to exclude her from this debate.

15. tall73

tall73 Sophia7's husband Supporter

+2,542
    Christian
    Married
    Exactly. I hope she makes it far enough to vote for her.

Or, why wait. Trump could make her national security advisor right now.

16. NightHawkeye

+7,954
    Methodist
    Married
    :oldthumbsup:
    ... and Trump, being an old-fashioned Democrat himself, does like to reach across the aisle.

17. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+3,757
    Atheist
    That's not where Trump likes to reach for with women.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. tall73

+2,542
    Christian
    Married
    If she truly thinks the DNC is going to block her (and it wouldn't be the first time the DNC tipped the scales), then she could do more good in that position anyway, dealing directly with the issue she is most passionate about.

19. wing2000

+5,703
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...she's too much of an independent person to work as a stage prop in the Trump cabinet.

20. tall73

+2,542
    Christian
    Married
    She needn't be a stage prop. If Trump is actually against intervention, as he claims, then their agendas match.

Trump, however, has a mixed record.

They both share the view of meeting with anyone to gain peace.