Supporter
May 12, 2004
Visit site
✟34,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What will we look like when We die? Let me explain. If a baby is to come into this world and something bad happens that, that babies life is ended quick which happens all though the world.

Do we see that baby as a bady in heaven or like another example, a 80 year old person, wrickled and all bend down with a cane.

I don't see nor ever came across this in the word of God other then we will be changed in a blink of any eye and be made whole again something like that. Does anyone with more knowledge of the word of God that can help me understand what/where it may be that this answer is answered or a given insight of what it may be.

Thanks.

Jay

Maccie

Jul 3, 2004
NW England, UK
✟1,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:53 "For what is mortal must be changed into what is immortal; what will die must be changed into what cannot die"

I don't see how we can possibly know what we will look like in heaven. Remember Jesus didn't have the same pre-resurrection body as he did after his resurrection - he came and went through doors, etc.

And I don't really think it matters! We'll know when we get there, and until then I for one have got enough to worry about.

Upvote 0

JJay

A loving Spirit
Supporter
May 12, 2004
Visit site
✟34,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maccie said:
Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:53 "For what is mortal must be changed into what is immortal; what will die must be changed into what cannot die"

I don't see how we can possibly know what we will look like in heaven.
Hi Maccie :wave: tx's for replying.

Yeah! I'm here with your one this one, just was in deep thought and wanted to know if the bible said something about it that I might not have understood or pass by on.

Remember Jesus didn't have the same pre-resurrection body as he did after his resurrection - he came and went through doors, etc.

Only when He allowed others to know him and see him they didn't recognize his new body. I like to learn more about that as well, him walking through doors, I think it was more he just commanded to be in that room and people turn and there he was like God can be everywhere and to show the people we known the as the witnesses the first few that he showed them the nail holes and let them touch him as flesh can touch the flesh. I just enjoy how God/Jesus did things and did what they said would come to pass and fullfil there commitment/promises.

And I don't really think it matters! We'll know when we get there, and until then I for one have got enough to worry about.

Oh boy I hear you, family with Kids of my own, I can relate. :)

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
PostMaster said:
What will we look like when We die? Let me explain. If a baby is to come into this world and something bad happens that, that babies life is ended quick which happens all though the world.

Do we see that baby as a bady in heaven or like another example, a 80 year old person, wrickled and all bend down with a cane.

I don't see nor ever came across this in the word of God other then we will be changed in a blink of any eye and be made whole again something like that. Does anyone with more knowledge of the word of God that can help me understand what/where it may be that this answer is answered or a given insight of what it may be.

Thanks.

Jay

I've never seen an answer to that question. Whatever the answer is, you know it will be awesome because we have an awesome God. As it says in 1 Corinthians 2:9(NLT), "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."

In the Bible, the resurrected body of a believer is described in the following ways:

• Flesh and bone, but dramatically changed (Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:50).
  • Like Christ's resurrected body (1 Corinthians 15:49; Philippians 3:21; 1 John 3:2).
  • Incorruptible (1 Corinthians 15:42,50).
  • Awe-inspiring (1 Corinthians 15:43).
  • Having new abilities (1 Corinthians 15:43).
  • Suited for heaven (1 Corinthians 15:47-49).
  • Spiritual (1 Corinthians 15:44).

Upvote 0
I

I'ddie4him

I don't know for sure, Alot of the reading I have done and group studies from church, I understood that we will all be spiritual beings when we get to heaven. Meaning, We won't have anything like an earthly body. We will be made whole and there will be no infirmitiies or anything. Other than that, I'd like to know too. Just going by what I have gleaned from studies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.