Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I dunno….I think that Christians are supposed to be strong, tough and bold. I don't get the sense from Paul or Jesus that we're not supposed to be confident in who we are and make heavy stands against people, or groups of people. :)

[Act 13:50-51 NIV] 50 But the Jewish leaders incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51 So they shook the dust off their feet as a warning to them and went to Iconium.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Looks like Hillary fibbed again they won the house back and still no civility,

We'll see if the democrats treat republicans in the house the same way the republicans treated the democrats. Wouldn't say that was impossible, and I wouldn't say that the republicans didn't deserve it, but I'm hoping that they don't.

When you have democrats shooting up synagogues and consorting with Nazis and KKK organizations, then they'll be equivalent to republicans. Not until.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We'll see if the democrats treat republicans in the house the same way the republicans treated the democrats. Wouldn't say that was impossible, and I wouldn't say that the republicans didn't deserve it, but I'm hoping that they don't.

When you have democrats shooting up synagogues and consorting with Nazis and KKK organizations, then they'll be equivalent to republicans. Not until.

You do know Hitler was a snitch/stooge for the Weimar Republic?

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Look! A squirrel!

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟169,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Republican leadership does not "consort with" the KKK or neo-Nazis. Many top Democrats, however, have ties to Louis Farrakhan, who has praised Hitler and referred to Jews as "termites". Not to mention Linda Sarsour. And how about their infatuation with Iran and intense hatred for Israel?

Be honest: if party leadership is any indication, it's Democrats who have the problems you bring up.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟169,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The fascist crowd that occupied Tucker Carlson's lawn ended up cracking his door when one of them tried to force their way into his home. His wife hid in the pantry and called 911, thinking it was a home invasion.

This is what happens when your party instructs you to "kick people when they go low", "show up at their houses and tell them they're not welcome", and assert that "civility" can't begin until your party reclaims power, and this has been a purely Democratic phenomenon (and no, joking about an event that occurred last year is not the same as giving your supporters marching orders).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Looks like Hillary fibbed again they won the house back and still no civility, not surprising.

Barbarian observes:

When you have democrats shooting up synagogues and consorting wiith Nazis and KKK organizations, then they'll be equivalent to republicans. Not until.

Attempted T[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Diversion Subtrufuge:
Look! A squirrel!

This has nothing to do with Donald Trump Jr. His job was colluding with Russians, supposedly to find dirt on Clinton. Nice try, though.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the latest instance, Trump referenced Rep. Greg Gianforte’s 2017 attack on a reporter by saying that “any guy who can do a body slam, he is my type!”

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

A look back at Trump comments perceived by some as encouraging violence

The right wing thinks inciting violence is a great idea, but you should have thought about it. Once it gets started, it gets out of control, and goes way past your intended victims. Trump's racist blather about criminals and Muslim terrorists in the caravan ended up with some idiot murdering Jewish worshipers in a Synagogue.

Do you suppose this might be why Hillary Clinton didn't encourage violence the way Trump has?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Republican leadership does not "consort with" the KKK or neo-Nazis.

The Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish non-governmental organization, called on Speaker Paul Ryan to condemn Rep. Steve King and remove King from his chairmanship of the House Judiciary subcommittee Wednesday.

The call came a week after new reports found the Iowa Republican met with members of an Austrian far-right political party associated with neo-Nazi movements on a trip funded by a Holocaust memorial nonprofit, new reports found.

The Pittsburgh synagogue shooting was a reminder that antisemitism needs to be condemned, said Jonathan Greenblatt, the national director of the ADL. Last week, a shooter killed 11 Jewish people in the Tree of Life synagogue.

Anti-Defamation League condemns Rep. Steve King's meeting with far-right Austrian group

The Republican National Convention displayed a tweet by a white-supremacist account during Donald Trump’s nomination acceptance speech on Thursday night.

The tweet, written by the account @Western_Triumph, appeared on four large screens in the Quicken Loans Arena Republican after the halfway mark during Donald Trump’s acceptance speech on Thursday night. It was one of a series of tweets by Twitter users that appeared in the hall that were curated by the Republican National Convention.

The tweet cited a line from Trump’s speech accepting the Republican nomination.

@Western_Triumph’s Twitter bio includes a series of white supremacist slogans as hashtags, including “#AltRight,” “#ProWhite,” and “#RaceRealist.” In other tweets, the account’s author advocates for apartheid and race segregation among other racist messages.

GOP Shows White Supremacist's Tweet During Trump's Speech

A Kentucky House candidate who wants to represent a majority African-American district said four years ago on a white nationalist's YouTube show that minorities have stripped the white working class of power.

Republican Everett Corley railed on number of racial grievances during the nearly hourlong interview in 2014 with avowed white nationalist William Johnson. He said that white voters in western Louisville's Portland neighborhood are "completely surrounded" because of a Democratic plot.

"It's a bunch of white liberals and minorities who've conspired together to cut the white working class out of power," he said.

Corley, who is running for the Kentucky House 43rd District, made the comments while appearing on "The Ethno State" with Johnson, a leader with the American Freedom Party. Johnson, a Los Angeles attorney, was in the national spotlight after briefly being listed as a delegate for then-candidate Donald Trump in 2016.

Kentucky GOP candidate ripped minorities on a white nationalist show

There's more. Would you like me to show you more?

Many top Democrats, however, have ties to Louis Farrakhan

Show us some of that. I'm guessing there's a good reason you're being vague.

And how about their infatuation with Iran

Obama put together a coalition of nations boycotting Iran until they took down their nuclear weapons program. If you think that's "infatuation", then we know what the problem is.

and intense hatred for Israel?

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised President Barack Obama’s efforts to dissuade Palestinian leaders from pushing for a United Nations vote on statehood, calling Obama’s actions a “badge of honor” for the president.

Minutes after Obama told the U.N. General Assembly that there is “no shortcut” to Mideast peace, the two leaders met in a U.N. conference room to reinforce their opposition to the Palestinians’ push for U.N. recognition as a sovereign state.
Netanyahu praises Obama

We appreciate all that President Obama has done for Israel.
Now, some of that is widely known.

Some of that is widely known, like strengthening security cooperation and intelligence sharing, opposing anti-Israel resolutions at the U.N.

Some of what the president has done for Israel is less well- known.

I called him in 2010 when we had the Carmel forest fire, and he immediately agreed to respond to my request for urgent aid.

In 2011, we had our embassy in Cairo under siege, and again, he provided vital assistance at the crucial moment.
Or his support for more missile interceptors during our operation last summer when we took on Hamas terrorists.

In each of those moments, I called the president, and he was there.

And some of what the president has done for Israel might never be known, because it touches on some of the most sensitive and strategic issues that arise between an American president and an Israeli prime minister.

But I know it, and I will always be grateful to President Obama for that support.
Watch and read: Netanyahu’s full speech to Congress

You think that's "intense hatred?" The Prime Minister of Israel doesn't think so. Maybe you should do a little research and then come on back and tell us about it.

Be honest: if party leadership is any indication, it's republicans who have the problems you bring up.

But if you can match up the sort of things I've shown you that the republican leadership has done, be sure and tell us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Michelle Obama:
"When they go low, we go high."

Nice try, though.
Not exactly. Eric Holder just said on TV a couple of weeks ago, that "Michelle was wrong." He said: "When they go low, we kick them."
Try to stay up on what the latest changes in your party are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Michelle Obama:
"When they go low, we go high."

Nice try, though.

Not exactly.

Yep. That's exactly what she said. Her husband agreed with her.

(claims that Holder said something else)

Show us.

"OK, stop the fake outrage," Holder, who served in the Obama administration, tweeted. "I’m obviously not advocating violence. (In fact, when I was AG violent crime in the US was historically low.)"

Well, that's not surprising. He should have been more careful; it gives unscrupulous people ammunition to lie about things.

So, do you have any evidence that Trump was able to explain that his promise to anyone willing to beat up protestors would get his financial backing, was some kind of innocent metaphor?

No?

Selective outrage; it's what the right lives by.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.