• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Tucker Carlson Has Highest-Rated Program In Cable News History

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Jun 30, 2020.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,928
    Methodist
    Married
    From the "How do you like that, BLM", files: Tucker Carlson Has Highest-Rated Program In Cable News History

In the process, Carlson broke a record held by his colleague, Sean Hannity, for the highest-rated quarter of any cable news program—ever.
    Some of those advertisers announced during the quarter that they would pull advertising from Carlson’s show after remarks the host made about the Black Lives Matter movement, but FNC viewers did not follow suit, instead lifting Tucker Carlson Tonight to a record high, breaking a previous record set in the first quarter of 2020 by FNC’s Hannity
    .​

Apparently, Tucker's viewers rewarded him for calling out BLM for being a ruthless political organization.

Similarly, Fox News was rewarded yet again, with the strongest rating of all networks.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+9,704
    Christian
    Higher ratings means more correct! :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Lord Give Me A Sign

Lord Give Me A Sign Newbie

+208
    Christian
    Single
    Not surprised. If you want facts and the unbiased truth tune in to Fox News

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,534
    Anglican
    Married
    I'll just leave this right here.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version10.jpg

5. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,294
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Absolutely! In the same way that since McDonalds sells more hamburgers, there is no doubt they have the best hamburgers!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. NightHawkeye

+8,928
    Methodist
    Married
    Gotta love the AlJazera rating in that chart -- solid center, just like the AP.

Now that I think of it, the similarities are obvious. It says a lot about what's considered 'centrist' now.

7. perplexed

perplexed Senior Member

+34
    Seeker
    It amazes me people choose fox news over the daily wire.

8. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+3,515
    Seeker
    Side bar, but go a few months without McDonalds, and I promise, you’ll never eat McD’s again. I used to eat it all the time, I stopped for a year, and now the smell makes me want to vomit.

9. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    Congratulations to Tucker Carlson... but what does popularity have to do with... well, anything?

10. NightHawkeye

+8,928
    Methodist
    Married
    Ben Shapiro's the best. :oldthumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+3,409
    Christian
    Married
    I think that was kind of the point of the comment; it was pointing out that "most popular" doesn't equal "best," much less even good.

12. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+7,603
    Agnostic
    Married
    I disagree. I almost never eat it since it is bad for me but I still go buy a quarter pounder once a year or so and I still love them. Maybe because they were a treat as a kid.

13. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+7,271
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Al Jazeera have a very good reputation for balanced reporting. Sorry if the Arabic sounding name threw you off there.

14. Gene2memE

Gene2memE Newbie

+3,228
    Atheist
    Private
    I'd describe their news reporting as 'BBC-ish'. That is, factually neutral with a tendency to minimise rather than be hyperbolic.

I watch Australian government supported news (ABC and SBS, which tend to mildly left leaning in their presentation) daily, as well as the English speaking news from Japan (Nikkei), Germany (Die Welt) and France (FT2) at least two to three times weekly.

I'll keep Al Jazeera on when it pops up, and its always pretty darn good. Comprehensive in coverage and even handed. The exceptions being any topic that covers Qatar, or Israel. And a mild tendency to editorialise story selection when it comes to US politics.

As per usual though, its up to the audience to recognise the biases inherent in the source.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+3,409
    Christian
    Married
    I think this is the more important point: As of October 2018, Fox News has added to their terms of use that they are an entertainment company: “Company furnishes the Company Sites and the Company Services for your personal enjoyment and entertainment.”

Additionally, "Fox News typically looks at the issues from a conservative perspective and also has a number of on-air personalities that are strong supporters of Trump, such as Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Tomi Lahren. FNC typically skews conservative as there is less criticism of Trump, therefore the majority of stories are pro-Trump."

And most importantly: "In review, FNC publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact-checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right-wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. FNC has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+14,442
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    FoxBabeNews: your number one mainstream media outlet!

17. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,258
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Lot of sarcasm here, but sometimes ratings happen for the right reasons. This is one of those times. Tucker deserves them.

About McDonalds, they have objectively gone downhill. Their fish fillet used to be delicious, the white bread bun notwithstanding, but I had one half a year ago and it tasted like it had fillers in it. I always did prefer the whopper to the big mac. But I don't do any of them anymore. Doing low carb now.

18. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+8,604
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ....the exploitation of grievance seems to pay well.

19. istodolez

istodolez Well-Known Member

+760
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    It is always good to have a barometer of how Americans really feel so that we know how many more decades we're going to have to revisit the same protests that are going on now.

20. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+6,395
    Presbyterian
    Single