TTCers Unite! ~a place to chat~ (5)

N

Nobility

The mine exploded again this afternoon about 2.30 we've just been told, and there's no chance of any of them being alive... I feel so sad at the moment... I don't know any of them these days, but I did know two, and they are close to three people I know (fiancé, best friend and sisters partner)... and it's just so sad to lose 29 men from my home town (of only 10,000)....

Upvote 0
N

Nobility

Well... I've finally gotten a bit of an idea what's happening. I can have another appt with my gyno to get clomid with monitoring (as opposed to none which I'm currently having)... But I'm not feeling like it's working with him as I don't fully trust he knows what's happening with me, or has faith in my opinion (i.e. that I DIDN'T ovulate this month).

Otherwise, I can wait for publicly funded treatment.. I have to see if I score high enough to get it first, if not then I am waiting til clomiphene treatment has "failed" then I "may" be able to get on the waiting list.

Here comes the hardest part...The waiting list is 12-15 months. This means at worst, I'll be trying for 32 months before I can look at further treatment.

Clomiphene ovulation induction is $200 per cycle at the fertility services, including scans (which I need due to my history with it)... I can JUST only just afford that....

Mum's suggested that my concerns about how long it's taking in hindsight isn't a big problem.. And that I should possibly just wait it out until I get to the other end of the waiting list. I get that, but I ideally had wanted to start a degree at the end of next year if I wasn't pregnant, rather than just work in early childhood which though I'll enjoy somewhat, I just don't want to do at this stage.....

I feel completely lost to be honest. I think maybe I should try clomid ovulation induction for up to 3 months, and then give up, but I think I'll have the next two cycles off, then see how it goes after that.

So I guess, for now, I am signing off this thread. I don't think I can get pregnant by myself, and I think it's time to start spending my time in more worthwhile threads (not that this isn't, just that it makes me feel worse by focusing on it!) such as weight loss and things like that. Thanks everyone for your amazing support, and I will be back once I have more of an idea what is happening.... but until then, I do need to go and just deal with what is happening. Thanks guys *hugs* and good luck Kelly and Erin

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The irony of it all...

I am pregnant! I'm 4 weeks 2 days today, and already showing quite pregnant on tests (though last AF was only just over 3 weeks ago, I ov'd early).

I'm really shocked and suprised but the lines have been getting darker and I'll go to docs to get blood test done in a few days (thursday next week probably)

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Hannah, I am so happy for you!!!!! :) WOW!!!!! Yay! :) :) :):clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟15,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The irony of it all...

I am pregnant! I'm 4 weeks 2 days today, and already showing quite pregnant on tests (though last AF was only just over 3 weeks ago, I ov'd early).

I'm really shocked and suprised but the lines have been getting darker and I'll go to docs to get blood test done in a few days (thursday next week probably)

Yay! That's fantastic news. Really pleased for you. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maharg

Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟15,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks so much guys... Still quite nervous as been in and out of hospital for the last few days as theres a possibility of an ectopic, but we'll see in about 1.5 weeks at my third ultrasound I guess :)

Will be praying. Really want this to be a blessed pregnancy for you.:hug:

Upvote 0

Maharg

Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟15,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm finding it quite hard today. Have been on facebook and there are so many people with photos of their babies on there. I feel quite lonely tonight. Everyone else I know from church who was trying has already had their baby. God is being good to me. He is comforting me. And I know I just have to wait, it's just makes me feel so sad sometimes.

Upvote 0
B

blythe_ann

Maharg, I'm still here, though not as frequent as I used to be.
I go through stages. I keep thinking I want to be pregnant so bad, and the days like today happen. I read some things about pregnancy and what not and realize how absolutely, truly horrified I am of the whole thing. Literally sick to my stomach. I sometimes wonder if I'm even supposed to have kids. Maybe God is telling me to give up... that I'm not meant to be a mother. Who knows.

Upvote 0

Maharg

Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟15,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Blythe Ann I'm sorry that you are still waiting too. It's not always easy to know God's will, but time does seem to help. I feel strongly that God wants me to have more children. That assurance has come after lots of confirmation. Perhaps God will make things clearer for you. There are lots of people who do not relish the whole process of pregnancy but they do love children. Maybe God is waiting for you to feel totally ready. I'm feeling a bit better today. Af arrived today 2 days late and it always feels better once the waiting to know is over and a new cycle begins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We lost our baby at 8 weeks. I found out on thursday. We are not really TTC but we are not preventing either. I am scared to get pregnant again. I thought I had miscarriage in Sept. of 2009. I couldn't say for sure but was almost positive. I got pregnant right away in October. As with this one, I was for sure because we saw the little heart beating at 7 weeks. I went back and should have been 12 weeks and our baby was gone. I know God is in control. The funny thing is, I love God more than I ever have. IT has brought me closer to Him. I now truly know, He is the author and finisher of everything. He is in control and I trust Him now more than ever. God bless you precious ladies in your struggles and in your journey in TTC.:hug:

Upvote 0
B

blythe_ann

Wow it's been a while since I've popped in over here.
A lady from church got pregnant and "hid it from me" because she didn't want to hurt my feelings. It actually kind of hurt worse that she didn't think I would be excited for her enough to look past my own problems. She's 14 weeks along.
But otherwise I"m doing good. I'm really doing well physically (I've never been in this good of shape in my life!) and we are doing really well in our marriage. God knows everything and he knows why he's said "no" or "not yet". I don't know which one he is saying, but I'm okay right now, either way.

Upvote 0

Maharg

Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟15,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow it's been a while since I've popped in over here.
A lady from church got pregnant and "hid it from me" because she didn't want to hurt my feelings. It actually kind of hurt worse that she didn't think I would be excited for her enough to look past my own problems. She's 14 weeks along.
But otherwise I"m doing good. I'm really doing well physically (I've never been in this good of shape in my life!) and we are doing really well in our marriage. God knows everything and he knows why he's said "no" or "not yet". I don't know which one he is saying, but I'm okay right now, either way.

It's great that you feel in a good place at the moment. I feel similarly that I'm in a good place too. I'm having a few health problems but am trusting in the Lord. He is a truly amazing God.:clap:

Upvote 0