• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trying to Trust Jesus

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am still really struggling and confused still afraid that I might face enteral condemnation for accidentally worshiping Satan and that I lost my name from the Lamb's Book of Life for an accident everyone in my life keeps telling me that confusing Jesus and Satan in a dream/hallucination isn't Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit but it truly feels real.

Everyone keeps telling me God is love and that he would never hold a mentally ill person responsible of psychosis but it feels real the stuff I see on my body scares me but everyone tells me it isn't truly real that I really don't have the Mark of the Beast from a dream and they tell me the fact I thought it was Jesus proves my heart on the matter as I was praying when the yellow light appears to me and I had no of knowing it was Satan as I out of it mentally.

I keep hearing voices saying, "I tricked your brain into Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit." It breaks my heart it wasn't my choice it was a dream/hallucination in front of me seeing stuff appear out of nowhere and seeing lights everywhere. My heart and brain still loves Jesus and Praise Music, Holy Bible, and listening to preachers.

My heart was not to worship Satan I would never worship Satan in my right mind if I knew the light was Satan I would have never bowed but I assumed it was Jesus my brain tricked me into bowing and I couldn't stop myself but I still can't figure out how accidentally confusing Satan and the Holy Spirit in a dream is blasphemy everyone tells me it isn't but it sure feels real everyone tells me it is a verbal sin and they tell me I am not going to miss rapture for accidentally confusing Satan and Jesus in a hallucination/dream.

Am I truly okay with God despite confusing him with Satan. Does God still love me despite my mistake? Is he going to hold me responsible for an accident where I wasn't conscious I didn't consciously worship Satan it truly was mental illness that led me to bowing and my own decision. I wasn't willingly or willfully trying to Blaspheme God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit my heart loves the Holy Trinity and I have always tried to avoid dark satanic stuff outside of script reading.

I am just worried that I will be punished for a dream and that God will prevent me from being raptured and removing my name from the Lamb's Book of Life for an unconscious decision out of my control with the lights as I truly love Jesus.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sin requires consent; it doesn't count as a sin if it wasn't your choice. If I intentionally get drunk, that is a sin; if I have a drink that doesn't taste like there's alcohol within, or if I am somehow forced to drink beyond my limit, that isn't good, but it isn't a sin, because I never agreed to do the sinful act.

Your case seems to be the same sort of thing. My Theology professor used the example of being tied down with a funnel stuck in your mouth while people pour vodka down your throat. Of course you'll get drunk, and of course it isn't your fault! No sin is committed, even if it is a messy situation.

This would seem to be the case with you. Get a good faith counselor, because it's obvious that your devotion to God is strong & your mental health needs some help. You said,
My heart and brain still loves Jesus
And Jesus says,

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved." (Matthew 24)

Endures to the end! Jesus knows you're struggling; meditate upon His crucifixion if you want to really understand how He is with you in any difficulty.

Does God still love me despite my mistake?

Did He still love King David, and St. Augustine, and Saul/Paul? God is love; it's out of His nature to stop loving.

God be with you; know that my prayers & prayers of many others are with you.

One last thing: Any good teacher knows that not everyone will be perfect. As long as you give everything you can, full effort, full dedication, know that God (the good teacher) will treat you accordingly. Peace & all good things.:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am still really struggling and confused still afraid...(drama story)... I truly love Jesus.
If you truly love Jesus Christ, then your love for Him is sufficient. While you love God you are not worried about anything. Remember, you cannot serve two masters at the same time. Either you are loving God or you're not. So every time you notice that you are not loving God, gently surrender to loving what you know is true, and you will be okay again. Remember, you are the holder of power to choose.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God lied.. then were all in trouble. But God can not lie. GOD said.. He has not given you the spirit of fear. So when you have FEAR about things.. that is NOT coming from God. That is not how GOD talks. You will always get a peace. I bind take authority over this lie the enemy keeps telling you. Resist the enemy and he will flee. I speak peace.. words of life and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin requires consent; it doesn't count as a sin if it wasn't your choice. If I intentionally get drunk, that is a sin; if I have a drink that doesn't taste like there's alcohol within, or if I am somehow forced to drink beyond my limit, that isn't good, but it isn't a sin, because I never agreed to do the sinful act.

Your case seems to be the same sort of thing. My Theology professor used the example of being tied down with a funnel stuck in your mouth while people pour vodka down your throat. Of course you'll get drunk, and of course it isn't your fault! No sin is committed, even if it is a messy situation.

This would seem to be the case with you. Get a good faith counselor, because it's obvious that your devotion to God is strong & your mental health needs some help. You said,

And Jesus says,

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved." (Matthew 24)

Endures to the end! Jesus knows you're struggling; meditate upon His crucifixion if you want to really understand how He is with you in any difficulty.

Did He still love King David, and St. Augustine, and Saul/Paul? God is love; it's out of His nature to stop loving.

God be with you; know that my prayers & prayers of many others are with you.

One last thing: Any good teacher knows that not everyone will be perfect. As long as you give everything you can, full effort, full dedication, know that God (the good teacher) will treat you accordingly. Peace & all good things.:crosseo:

Maybe that is why everyone is still on Earth. I do truly love God so bowing to Satan on accident wasn't a true sin. I am not a false prophet or antichrist because I accidently bowed to Satan in a dream.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you truly love Jesus Christ, then your love for Him is sufficient. While you love God you are not worried about anything. Remember, you cannot serve two masters at the same time. Either you are loving God or you're not. So every time you notice that you are not loving God, gently surrender to loving what you know is true, and you will be okay again. Remember, you are the holder of power to choose.

That is a good point I choose to love Jesusm

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If God lied.. then were all in trouble. But God can not lie. GOD said.. He has not given you the spirit of fear. So when you have FEAR about things.. that is NOT coming from God. That is not how GOD talks. You will always get a peace. I bind take authority over this lie the enemy keeps telling you. Resist the enemy and he will flee. I speak peace.. words of life and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Thanks Blade.

Upvote 0