✟7,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,
My name is Ashley and I am looking for advice, resources, or any ideas to start a group at my school called Kids for Christ. I’m hoping to meet with these kids that sign up at least twice a week before school every morning. I don’t really have any resources but I know I want to teach these babies about Jesus! If you can help me or know someone who can, please reach out to me! I appreciate you all!!!

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everyone,
My name is Ashley and I am looking for advice, resources, or any ideas to start a group at my school called Kids for Christ. I’m hoping to meet with these kids that sign up at least twice a week before school every morning. I don’t really have any resources but I know I want to teach these babies about Jesus! If you can help me or know someone who can, please reach out to me! I appreciate you all!!!
Bless you Ashley for this and I am praying for you here on this. Let me welcome you to CF and may you be blessed richly here Sister :] :wave:

Upvote 0

vinsight4u

Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
✟21,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,
Neat!!! Are you a teacher at the school?

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Go get 'em! If it's something to be organized with the school then getting it sanctioned by them is the first step. Once you have their approval then you can start passing out flyers to students and to other teachers to pass out to their class if they want to help you.

Having a parent's night and passing out the flyers to the parents can be another good way to get people involved.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when I taught Sunday school a couple yrs, the church provided the books for the weekly lesson plan (one yr K, other 3rd grade)

I followed the book pretty precisely but added in crafts, songs for the K age kids
for 3rd grade, I didn't do as much "extra" as they had better attention span to follow lessons

I did pick up extra resources at our local Christian store and you could check yours as there is usually a section for teachers

for the younger kids, I always over planned as never wanted to run out of material/things for the kids to be doing so that everyone would be busy when parents picked their kids up

and Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0
Jul 9, 2018
Greenville, NC
✟7,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
when I taught Sunday school a couple yrs, the church provided the books for the weekly lesson plan (one yr K, other 3rd grade)

I followed the book pretty precisely but added in crafts, songs for the K age kids
for 3rd grade, I didn't do as much "extra" as they had better attention span to follow lessons

I did pick up extra resources at our local Christian store and you could check yours as there is usually a section for teachers

for the younger kids, I always over planned as never wanted to run out of material/things for the kids to be doing so that everyone would be busy when parents picked their kids up

and Welcome to CF!
Thank you! I’m actually a teacher in a public school. So I really don’t have resources to get started, but my heart is calling me to do this. We have a very rough population

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 9, 2018
Greenville, NC
✟7,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean by - rough population?

phone ringing here
100% free and reduced lunch. Estimated 80% African American. Most living in the projects with sisters brothers cousins aunts uncles, absent parents, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums