Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today I witnessed to 2 people, and it was the best witnessing work I have ever done. We're all at work though and they received my message gladly and they were engaged. However I'm not sure if this is just not the right place and time or what but when I went to pray with them... nothing changed. I am not doubting what God can do but whether I am doing it right or not or if they just need to ask God themselves in a better environment than work.

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today I witnessed to 2 people, and it was the best witnessing work I have ever done. We're all at work though and they received my message gladly and they were engaged. However I'm not sure if this is just not the right place and time or what but when I went to pray with them... nothing changed. I am not doubting what God can do but whether I am doing it right or not or if they just need to ask God themselves in a better environment than work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not your job or your place to worry about that. It is your job to spread the gospel. Let God do the converting.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
. Did you ask them if they were willing to receive Christ and be saved right now? I've noticed that that is the most direct but effective way to get it done after a gospel presentation.

Actually I did with one of them and that's when we initiated prayer. He really acts like he's ready but then it didn't happen when we prayed. I'm looking for their spiritual birth..

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I heard a message recently that said obedience is our responsibility and the outcome is God's responsibility. Keep being obedient in sharing the good news about Jesus and leave the results in God's hands. I went to a youth group with a girl who showed no interest in the Gospel - years later (like 10 years) she went through a tough time and remembered what she'd heard in the youth group and acted on it and she is now a missionary. I bet the person who planted that seed never realised it was going to take 10 years to germinate! But God is the one who brings forth the results in His perfect timing.

BTW, God works in mysterious ways and sometimes our 'best witnessing work' isn't used nearly as much as the times when we mess up. Maybe it's to keep us humble!

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Actually I did with one of them and that's when we initiated prayer. He really acts like he's ready but then it didn't happen when we prayed. I'm looking for their spiritual birth.."

The spirit is not visible. I don't believe you'll see an immediate change.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually I did with one of them and that's when we initiated prayer. He really acts like he's ready but then it didn't happen when we prayed. I'm looking for their spiritual birth..
Well that's always tough. They're not going to experience sudden change in lifestyle or ways. First, God justifies us when we're ungodly, and then the process of sanctification begins throughout the course of our life when God grows us more like him. Don't be discouraged. You sowed the seed, and can't determine the soil upon which it was received - you did your job, friend.

If they agreed and believed what you told them, but they didn't call upon the name of the Lord, try again the next day or hang out with them sometime other than work and ask them then.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What did you say to them ?

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am still wondering what it is you are looking for. That person, if he entered into belief is a new born babe. Do you expect grown displays from him?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't sound like the people the OP talked to had "way side" soil, though.

Some people build on other foundation than Christ so they need to have it first destroyed , because they otherwise won't start building on the proper foundation .

By that I mean many people turn to Christ when they know they will die soon be it sickness or old age .

• Agree
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people build on other foundation than Christ so they need to have it first destroyed , because they otherwise won't start building on the proper foundation .

By that I mean many people turn to Christ when they know they will die soon be it sickness or old age .
Good point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I suppose you are okay as long as you aren't forcing yourself on anyone. Some companies might have policies against this sort of thing, so you might want to be aware.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am still wondering what it is you are looking for. That person, if he entered into belief is a new born babe. Do you expect grown displays from him?

I expect the old to pass and the new to have arrived.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suppose you are okay as long as you aren't forcing yourself on anyone. Some companies might have policies against this sort of thing, so you might want to be aware.

Worth losing a job to save soul

• Winner
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

No I'm being totally cool about it

Upvote 0