• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trying to better my life ( Pursue education) not sure if thats possible.

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟133,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My main issue is a lack of support. The kids dad is a dead end. I tried and tried and hes just made excuses to come and get his kid and help. Always does his mother's bidding but cant help me but left me 24 msgs on my phone bc i told him no he couldn't claim his daughter. So thats done. Not relying on him.

* In process osf child support ...but im missing a few docs.
* Im already on ebt and have child care daycare set up.

However the daycare closed from the 11th and will open up on the 24th bc of Corona exposure. That hurt me so much bc daycare is literally more reliable than my family ( my brothers are decent)

Basically i cant study. Im doing hwk but i cant study and one class in taking is Anatomy & Physiology. Its so much information at once and i feel i have nothing in my head. I also have a math class and i suck so much at math.

Since daycare has been closed I "try" to study but that usually ends up with me feeding and changing my kids and rocking them to sleep... When one goes to sleep the other gets up. No time to study. Also my kids are sick since its cold and flu so they're miserable. Had to do Covid testing... Er visit so im all over the place.

Not to mention when i finally set up daycare my mom dad were so disapproving and mad. I asked my mom to ride to the place so i can show her where it incase i needed her to get the kids in case od emergency. She said no. Then my dad was on the phone talking to someone on the phonr about me saying i was weak, if you cant watch your own kids you shouldnt have had them. My mom also calls me weak. Anyway..

My issue is when my parents try to coach me from the couch.. Esp my dad. Like today when i have everything laid out. All my books. And my son or daughter gets up he'll say i need to change them. Feed them. Do it now. Theyre hungry.. All while on his tablet.

Yes i get he doesnt have to help but if youre not going to help dont coach from the sidelines.. I already know what to do.

Then he said i had to go bc he needs to get sleep ( has to pick up my mom.. She works far) so the lights were turnes out at te table i was studying. Rushed me to go. I have to cart 2 babies out and all my school stuff.. So i cant move fast.

And he called my mom on me anyway..even though i was gone and my mom blamed me for letting him treat me like that saying i choose to be stuck in my room..

He also orders me around when it comes to my own kids. Saying you need to do this and you need to do it now.

My dad says he needs absolute quiet to sleep but threatens to wake my own kids up. Barges through my room. They told me they didnt have to walk on egg shells for my kids.

This is just the tip.. Well u can read through my threads and see everything if u like.

Anywho. Im trying not to do hotel living. Bc itl eat up all my money.( tax/ school) im trying to do whats best for my kids nd i. I wanted to go to school so i could provide for my kids and make decent money. You need it with the way pricing is set up for 1bedrooms alone. C.O.L. has soared

Im just trying to better my kids lives and i feel i cant do that. My plan was to just work and move.. I had a job but when school started i let it go bc it was too rigorous for me.

Idk my classes end in May i dont want to fail them. Im think ill just move then and do school a little at a time.

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My main issue is a lack of support. The kids dad is a dead end. I tried and tried and hes just made excuses to come and get his kid and help. Always does his mother's bidding but cant help me but left me 24 msgs on my phone bc i told him no he couldn't claim his daughter. So thats done. Not relying on him.

* In process osf child support ...but im missing a few docs.
* Im already on ebt and have child care daycare set up.

However the daycare closed from the 11th and will open up on the 24th bc of Corona exposure. That hurt me so much bc daycare is literally more reliable than my family ( my brothers are decent)

Basically i cant study. Im doing hwk but i cant study and one class in taking is Anatomy & Physiology. Its so much information at once and i feel i have nothing in my head. I also have a math class and i suck so much at math.

Since daycare has been closed I "try" to study but that usually ends up with me feeding and changing my kids and rocking them to sleep... When one goes to sleep the other gets up. No time to study. Also my kids are sick since its cold and flu so they're miserable. Had to do Covid testing... Er visit so im all over the place.

Not to mention when i finally set up daycare my mom dad were so disapproving and mad. I asked my mom to ride to the place so i can show her where it incase i needed her to get the kids in case od emergency. She said no. Then my dad was on the phone talking to someone on the phonr about me saying i was weak, if you cant watch your own kids you shouldnt have had them. My mom also calls me weak. Anyway..

My issue is when my parents try to coach me from the couch.. Esp my dad. Like today when i have everything laid out. All my books. And my son or daughter gets up he'll say i need to change them. Feed them. Do it now. Theyre hungry.. All while on his tablet.

Yes i get he doesnt have to help but if youre not going to help dont coach from the sidelines.. I already know what to do.

Then he said i had to go bc he needs to get sleep ( has to pick up my mom.. She works far) so the lights were turnes out at te table i was studying. Rushed me to go. I have to cart 2 babies out and all my school stuff.. So i cant move fast.

And he called my mom on me anyway..even though i was gone and my mom blamed me for letting him treat me like that saying i choose to be stuck in my room..

He also orders me around when it comes to my own kids. Saying you need to do this and you need to do it now.

My dad says he needs absolute quiet to sleep but threatens to wake my own kids up. Barges through my room. They told me they didnt have to walk on egg shells for my kids.

This is just the tip.. Well u can read through my threads and see everything if u like.

Anywho. Im trying not to do hotel living. Bc itl eat up all my money.( tax/ school) im trying to do whats best for my kids nd i. I wanted to go to school so i could provide for my kids and make decent money. You need it with the way pricing is set up for 1bedrooms alone. C.O.L. has soared

Im just trying to better my kids lives and i feel i cant do that. My plan was to just work and move.. I had a job but when school started i let it go bc it was too rigorous for me.

Idk my classes end in May i don't want to fail them. I'm think ill just move then and do school a little at a time.

I will pray for you and your situation. For your classes when you have some time try tutoring. Here is a resource NetTutor my college uses this for our school.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟133,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is so difficult to understand. Why not be specific out main issue; then start No. 2: next problem; No. 3: next issue; etc.
Huh? I thought i explained it well my issue is a lack of support with my kids dad. He doesnt help. My folks help minimally and daycare is closed till the 24th.. So im having a difficult time focusing on school when im constantly feeding and changing.

The extra was detail to paint the picture of my frail support system.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟133,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for you and your situation. For your classes when you have some time try tutoring. Here is a resource NetTutor my college uses this for our school.
Thanks. So far im doing ok. I did well on my math quiz but i worry abt my AP exam thats coming soon.

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? I thought i explained it well my issue is a lack of support with my kids dad. He doesnt help. My folks help minimally and daycare is closed till the 24th.. So im having a difficult time focusing on school when im constantly feeding and changing.

The extra was detail to paint the picture of my frail support system.

You seem to have very poor support; so, I suppose if you must live with that, you will need to find a way to get the needs done, regardless of your husband's failure to act in a responsible way. I am so sorry you have such disinterested husband.
Your load is heavy. If you are studying and have not time for child-care, then maybe you can find another support system to help. Can you get someone to come in at times for help? Well, I much pray for you, and hope you will stay close to the Lord Jesus as not only your Savior for Heaven, but best Friend here on earth in the little while we are yet here --H cares and will surely help, if you honor Him. - 1watchman.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder, too, if you can attend college by home studying, for many colleges will grant degrees by correspondence. Technical and Trade schools also might prove a good choice for you, and one can get a certificate and license in many. One can get a LPN license in one year, I know. There are many good fields that pay well and open opportunities for advancement. Well, I will pray for you, Macchiato.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟133,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder, too, if you can attend college by home studying, for many colleges will grant degrees by correspondence. Technical and Trade schools also might prove a good choice for you, and one can get a certificate and license in many. One can get a LPN license in one year, I know. There are many good fields that pay well and open opportunities for advancement. Well, I will pray for you, Macchiato.

So my major is radiology and i found out i could be a limited xray tech and i think the program would be one yr. I think. I have to call. If so I think ill go that route. Im not sure if i could bridge and be a registered rad tech like you could go from lpn to rn within a yr. So we'll see. Im gonna save money to pay up on my apt or wherever im at for a yrand give it a go. Not sure if the money as a limited rad tech is as good as lpn but we shall see.

Upvote 0