Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I struggled with some sins in the past. I confessed them to God, and my conscience was cleared and the desire for the flesh to sin went away without any effort on my part. I really give thanks to God that he is able to help draw me away from sin.

But I sometimes miss the feeling of the sin, and go back into it and I deceive myself saying its not a sin and that its biology. This is a sin against myself and my body. I have done it 3 times now even though God took away the desire, the only thing thats there is the feeling when I sin. I feel like I'm abusing and taking the gift for granted. I know God doesn't want his believers to live in sin.

Here is an example. Lets say a smoker wakes up and all of a sudden the desire to smoke is gone he no longer has the desire. But the feeling he gets when he smokes will always be there if he decides to do it, the desire was taken away but the feeling was not if he decided to do it.

Maybe it's my age (20). Many people my age seem to have problems with lust and pleasure. I don't know anybody who hasn't at least had this problem.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most, but not all, people have to fight lust. The triggers are all constantly around us, unlike with some other sinful tendencies. (Sometimes part of the solution is 2 Corinthians 6:17.) When a person determines to no longer commit a certain sin, sometimes the temptation to do them is gone. The temptation to commit other sins can be nearly impossible to resist (but it is always possible in Christ). Furthermore, resisting committing a sin and being successful may not seem to make it easier even after years. It can be tormenting for a very long time. The root of what we call human sexuality is buried deep in human nature, and it is an aspect of being human that God intended. The taint of sin doesn't change that. It can be a horrible, long lasting fight, but God guarantees success. Keep fighting. Examine your heart about your commitment to no longer do that sin again. How committed are you really? If you don't have an absolute zero tolerance attitude, it will be more difficult to resist. Spend more time in God's presence every day (worship, prayer). It will eventually make a markedly noticeable difference. Also ask people to pray for you.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks.

When I experienced a spiritual rebirth being born again on August the Holy Spirit helped me live a holy life for a week and a half. Absolutely no desire to sin, no negative thought came across my mind nothing would tempt me. At around the end of the week, I missed the feeling of a sin and committed it there was no conviction which is strange.

After that its like I am an improved person compared to me before I was saved, but not as good as the person during the week when I got saved.

It scared me thinking the Holy Spirit left my body after I did just 1 sin. The feeling of water rushing through my body went away as well. It was both a Holy lifestyle and a physical feeling for that one week and a half I will never forget it and its my testimony of knowing for myself God is real.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never really do get a conviction, I have no clue why. I'm not saying I have no sense of morality, but if I lust or have a negative thought I don't necessarily get a bad feeling.

I had to read the Bible to find out if lust was wrong, it was not my spirit that told me it was.

Upvote 0