GirlonFire89

Oct 8, 2015
Central Virginia
✟7,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We recently noticed we have been eating the same foods and meals for years and were pulling away.

Committed to purchasing all new foods and products with the intent to serve new things this fall and winter.

Originally from North Carolina So I love Southern food, barbeque and fried chicken and really sweet tea.

Looking forward to trying:
Pesto Pasta
Pecan Pie
Chicken and Dumplings
Vegetable Stir Fry

Anyone have any other ideas I can consider?
Ill accept any ideas for considering and links for recipes.
Were trying to stay way from ground beef

johndoo

Mar 5, 2013
✟60,389.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How about seafood?
It is one of the healthiest proteins.
Canned tuna is inexpensive. I suppose there are many options but we fall into the rut of just tuna casserole and occasionally tuna salad sandwiches. My wife prefers the Albacore. Salmon patties from canned salmon is also affordable.
Of course seafood can be very pricy if you go for fresh at your grocer or market.
My family doesn't like things that are "too fishy" so we often stick with cod or tilapia. Just bake with butter and seasonings.
I'll go for salmon if we are at a restaurant.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I enjoy seafood very much but my husband only prefers fish.
I have seen canned salmon and wonder what I would do with it. Since i prefer fresh seafood.
Not a fan of tuna, personally.

Salmon croquettes are an easy meal. Canned salmon, breadcrumbs (cracker crumbs), green onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder, combine all the ingredients, make patties, fry in a pan or in a deep fryer. They are much better with fresh salmon though.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0