• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Trying a poll

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by KenOGar24, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Always

2. Sometimes (Depends on need)

3. I sometimes forget

4. Never

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KenOGar24

KenOGar24 New Member

+0
    ** I'm not sure if I'm doing this right...I want this to be anonymous. I'll find out when I click "submit" **

When you reply to a need on this forum by saying you'll pray for the person's need, do you follow through?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CHR!$T!@N

[email protected] Follower of Christ

+0
    If I say I will pray, that means I will pray.

3. hagiadzo1999

hagiadzo1999 New Member

+0
    I think we should only respond to a post with "I will pray for you"....when we are going to pray!!!!

I keep a posty note next to the puter to write down prayer requests- who I am praying for and what the need is, then I put it on my Bible bookmark....that helps me remember! (Believe me I am the epitome of "forgetful")!

~N~
    <><

4. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    "Always" is an impossible answer, "sometimes" is too vague. I wish there was a "most of the time" option.

When I say I'll pray, I try to do it immediately, before it can slip my mind, and when it is needed most. If I wait, the situation might be already resolved and my prayers would be too late.

I have a friend who says that retroactive prayer (prayer after the situation is resolved) works. He once wrote a letter to his sister asking her to pray about a delayed flight, knowing that she won't get the letter for days after the flight took off, but said that since God is not limited by time, He could answer her prayer retroactively and make the flight on time!

Cool idea, but how do the rest of you feel about the idea?

5. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I can't speak for others, but when I make a commitment to pray that means I pray for them on a continuous basis, either everyday or several times a week, depending on the need and circumstance.

For instance, I'm praying for a Christian brother's wife who has brain tumors and is fighting for her life. She's also afraid to die. Needless to say, I pray for her daily.

It is difficult to "pick and choose" requests on the prayer thread. To each it is an important request. Sometimes I say an "arrow" prayer for all right then and there. God hears and knows our hearts.

The Bible says we ought to make our word good. I believe most of us try to do just that.

6. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    I'm with you on that one, MizDoulos...

7. Droobie

Droobie Rebmem Raluger

+64
    Pentecostal
    Married
    AU-Liberals
    Usually it helps me to say a quick prayer on the spot. Sometimes it's a very powerful tool of outreach to be able to ask someone "can I pray for you?" and when they say 'yes' pray for them right then and there! It's not an easy thing to do, but being able to pray, anywhere, anytime helps you (well, me at least) grow closer to God and build my faith.