✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 15:8; Isaiah 29:13. These people draw near unto me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me, but it was in vain they
do worship me, teaching for doctrines the ordinances of man.

Jesus told His disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is their doctrines.
The Lord regularly spoke against the traditions of men displacing God’s word as their memorials.

1 Corinthians 5:8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Much of Paul’s teaching in regards to the Law has been greatly misconstrued.
He wrote:

Ephesians 2:15. having abolished in His flesh the enmity, “the law of commandments contained in ordinances”.

This expression in the Greek “nomos entole en dogma” refers to the place given to commentaries of man. Dogma in English comes directly from the Greek dogma and
refers to the opinion of “experts”. Someone is dogmatic when they are devoted to the teachings of a preferred teacher, preacher or guru.
Paul gave this testimony of himself at Jerusalem:

Acts 22:3. I am verily a man who is a Jew born in Tarsus in Cilicia yet brought up in
this city at the feet of Gamaliel and taught according to the perfect manner of the law
of the fathers.

This manner of the law of the fathers went way beyond the study of the law and the
prophets, but was thorough in considering the commentaries of experts, known as sages,
who often interpreted passages in contrary ways.

Paul is even more direct in writing;
Colossians 2:15. blotting out the “handwriting” of ordinances (dogma), which was against us which was contrary to us and took it out of the way, nailing it to His stake.

This is only evident to us when we are circumcised by the circumcision of Christ
(without hands, in the Spirit not the flesh).

Colossians 2:8. That you be not spoiled by the philosophy and tradition of men,
which is vain deceit (and conceit), and worldly principles (degrees) which are perishing.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 15:8; Isaiah 29:13. These people draw near unto me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me, but it was in vain they
do worship me, teaching for doctrines the ordinances of man.

Jesus told His disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is their doctrines.
The Lord regularly spoke against the traditions of men displacing God’s word as their memorials.

1 Corinthians 5:8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Much of Paul’s teaching in regards to the Law has been greatly misconstrued.
He wrote:

Ephesians 2:15. having abolished in His flesh the enmity, “the law of commandments contained in ordinances”.

This expression in the Greek “nomos entole en dogma” refers to the place given to commentaries of man. Dogma in English comes directly from the Greek dogma and
refers to the opinion of “experts”. Someone is dogmatic when they are devoted to the teachings of a preferred teacher, preacher or guru.
Paul gave this testimony of himself at Jerusalem:

Acts 22:3. I am verily a man who is a Jew born in Tarsus in Cilicia yet brought up in
this city at the feet of Gamaliel and taught according to the perfect manner of the law
of the fathers.

This manner of the law of the fathers went way beyond the study of the law and the
prophets, but was thorough in considering the commentaries of experts, known as sages,
who often interpreted passages in contrary ways.
Paul is even more direct in writing;

Colossians 2:15. blotting out the “handwriting” of ordinances (dogma), which was against us which was contrary to us and took it out of the way, nailing it to His stake.

This is only evident to us when we are circumcised by the circumcision of Christ
(without hands, in the Spirit not the flesh).

Colossians 2:8. That you be not spoiled by the philosophy and tradition of men,
which is vain deceit (and conceit), and worldly principles (degrees) which are perishing.
Well not that I want to by any means hijack this thread or anything, but if we disregard all tradition, and just use the scriptures, then we don't really have a way to say which books are in the Bible and which ones are not.

But I agree with the thrust of what you are saying.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well not that I want to by any means hijack this thread or anything, but if we disregard all tradition, and just use the scriptures, then we don't really have a way to say which books are in the Bible and which ones are not.

But I agree with the thrust of what you are saying.
Paul spoke of keeping the traditions that we have been taught, by the direction of the Holy Spirit.
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Knowing that all scripture is profitable avoids what the Lord condemned, which was traditions
of man supplanting the Will of God.
Thank you for your response.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
“Stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

“I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you” (1 Corinthians 11:2).

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
“Stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

“I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you” (1 Corinthians 11:2).
You are right on point with the discussion Anthony, see post #3 above.

Upvote 0