Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No doubt, the skeptic loves the returning muse; 'You can't always rely on tongues authenticity."

I couldn't think of any better correction to that at this point than to say, if the Holy Spirit can reel out the greatest of prayer by un-utterable "groans", then that door of 'proper' tongues is altogether so much more welcoming. But only under His ohh so tender leading.

For when you are faced with someone trying, but not that familiar with your spoken tongue, depending on their degree of competence with it, will declare some sounds of either clear babble or drivel, of affirmation, or wonder and doubt, there may be exceptions, but, by and large are in question of the correct pronunciation they are trying articulate.

Not so with the Lord as one who knows both our feeling and thought. So, what happened through the centuries of all those Christians whom spoke in tongues privately or publicly in an inarticulate fashion? Yes, He hears all and is helper of the weak or of those of low esteem.

Some of your leading Pentecostal teachers will certainly bristle at my position, I know all too well their holding to "fake" ability.

Last edited:

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
do all unknown tongues sound the same? is there verses that cover this?
Would love to welcome correction but I don't think there is a hint of a chance of sameness, neither praying nor singing 'in the Spirit'.

Upvote 0