United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Many of you on these forums know my story and my struggles. (If not a semi-comprehensive story can be found throughout my blog posts and forum posts lol) and I routinely find that I have so much trouble trusting in God.

I don't trust God a lot though I really should because He knows what is best for me. But it just seems like when I do decide to trust Him, something happens that changes my life forever in a negative and permanent way. I feel like my trust is just shattered every time. I feel like I can't depend upon God to protect me.

Of course, what I feel is not always the truth. So how do you all trust God when things in life just get progressively worse as years go by? How do you simply just trust Him in the midst of tragedy both in your own life and happening in the world around you?

Has God ever let you down? If He hasn't, in what ways did He not let you down?

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The life of a real follower of Christ is not the same as what this world promises but is marked by sufferings. Jesus did not have a fun time when He walked the earth as man. He was mocked, scoffed, spat at and we all know what unbearable suffering He had to endure on the cross. That's what it means when He said "deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The life of a real follower of Christ is not the same as what this world promises but is marked by sufferings. Jesus did not have a fun time when He walked the earth as man. He was mocked, scoffed, spat at and we all know what unbearable suffering He had to endure on the cross. That's what it means when He said "deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me.

Not exactly answering my questions in my OP but I do know that much. I'm just having a hard time "bearing my crosses" and trusting in God at the same time. Call me a bit of a doubter if you will.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tho He slay me, yet will I trust him.

I have none other, nothing else.

I trust His judgment for my life.

Count it all joy! Weeping and fearing does me no good, but praising God in spite of life issues, now that does a soul good! God does test my faith... not so often as He used to... thankfully. And it was always when I reached a plateau of faith when He'd give me yet another trial to increase it. FINALLY I learned that no matter what NO. MATTER. WHAT. I will praise and trust Him.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don;t know how to interpret this --

things in life just get progressively worse as years go by?

Yet I do know that, in my own life, God has been faithful. BUT--and it took me some time to understand this--he doesn't make every last irritation or problem go away.

What it took me some time to realize is that he has let me live a normal life and learn from most of the ups and downs while he keeps me from the really catastrophic setbacks that could have befallen me and were, in fact, close to happening.

Of course we feel let down when we ask for a new girlfriend or a pay raise or something like that and it doesnt come to pass. We notice that we didn't get what we asked for. However, we forget the disastrous mistakes we almost made or the misfortunes that would have permanently changed our lives for the worse. In some cases, we do not even know how close we came to these kinds of calamities. But the presence of God is there when it matters the most.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don;t know how to interpret this --

I suffer with a bunch of health problems that never ever go away and just get worse as time goes by. My nervous system and areas of my brain are a wreck. Also blind in one eye so that's not ever gonna get worse or better. Most of the catastrophes in my life were/are health related and they happen out of the blue. :(

I try to find the good things in life but in my 24 years of being alive there are so few good things that come my way. I know that sounds melodramatic but ask anyone who knows me in real life and they'll tell you the same thing. That my life has always been filled with bitter suffering that never lets up or goes away, not in all my years of living.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Derpytia

You sound like a young female version of myself when I was in my 20's.

I've had my fair share of hardship - it's not nice. I've had the doubts, lacked trust at times, walked away, complained - the lot.
I've also been disciplined by God for going a little too far in my rebellion as well - and that's another story !

I think God would want to hold you in his arms and love and comfort you. I would also think that god would want to encourage and empower you for your journey through life. Spend time alone with God - read your bible and pray. Write a spiritual journal - pray, ask God questions then read your bible and write the results in your journal. Put the effort in and you will get your answers.

The Apostle Paul said suffering leads to perseverance and perseverance to character. I'm not to sure he suffered enough myself to come out with that line ( Sorry Paul - love your writings but I don't always agree with you :) ) but I do get the point that you have to learn to endure and you do start to become tougher and more able to accept and handle your problems.

Life can be unfair - some do get the crappy end of things. Do count your blessings rather than focus on whats wrong. Make the most of life no matter what. Be a Winner , Think like a winner - We are on the winning team !

The Enemy loves to get us to turn away from God when we need him the most. Isn't he useless, Isn't he unreliable, look what happens when you pray - it gets worse ! The church doesn't help either, The teaching is useless ! Same old tricks from the same old serpent.

Think positive - "be transformed by the renewing of your mind". You do have a part to play in controlling your own thought patterns.

Paul said he boasts in his weaknesses because God's power is made perfect in weakness. God likes to use such people to manifest his Power and Glory and make fools of the wise ( and the enemy ) . So you never never know what God will use you for in the Present or future - it may well blow your socks off !

I'm not sure if the Lord appears on TRUST PILOT but if he did, those who KNOW him would give him a five star rating *****
You, myself and everyone else needs to get to know Jesus a whole lot more than we do if we lack trust in God.

The holy Spirit is God's Guarantee that he will give us Everything he has promised. ( Ephesians 1:14 )

That's your warranty, written in blood. Trust it's value - it's priceless yet given freely

I'm going to pray for you tonight - something GOOD is going to happen. Why? - because we have faith in god's promises. Take care :)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: derpytia
Upvote 0