• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trusting God

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot has happened in the last 6 months. I also was hospitalized with a really bad pnuemonia for a few days. I still don't feel back to myself. My pulmonologist said it can take up to two months to feel back to yourself.

I still live with my Mom due to a disability and she has her own issuses. She has depression which she isn't getting help for, and I think it's affecting me. I have depression too(officially diagnosed.) I think it's coming back. It makes it hard to see what God has done for me, to see the bigger picture.

I am a Christian. I am praying every day although sometimes I don't know what to say or have anything to say, and listen to the audio Bible. I get frustrated when I feel things aren't progressing fast enough in turns of relationship with Him.

I am having a hard time trusting Him with my life and what my future living situation may entail; that He will lead me to a place where I will be healthy and happy where I will have the support I need due to my disability.

I have Generalized Anxiety and OCD.

I also would like to maybe marry or have a significant other who is similar to me in some ways. But if that's not in God's plan I could be alone the rest of my life.

I want to know God had my best interests at heart. If an answer to a prayer is a no I want to know He has something better in mind.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A lot has happened in the last 6 months. I also was hospitalized with a really bad pnuemonia for a few days. I still don't feel back to myself. My pulmonologist said it can take up to two months to feel back to yourself.

I still live with my Mom due to a disability and she has her own issuses. She has depression which she isn't getting help for, and I think it's affecting me. I have depression too(officially diagnosed.) I think it's coming back. It makes it hard to see what God has done for me, to see the bigger picture.

I am a Christian. I am praying every day although sometimes I don't know what to say or have anything to say, and listen to the audio Bible. I get frustrated when I feel things aren't progressing fast enough in turns of relationship with Him.

I am having a hard time trusting Him with my life and what my future living situation may entail; that He will lead me to a place where I will be healthy and happy where I will have the support I need due to my disability.

I also would like to maybe marry or have a significant other who is similar to me in some ways. But if that's not in God's plan I could be alone the rest of my life.

I want to know God had my best interests at heart. If an answer to a prayer is a no I want to know He has something better in mind.
I will pray that God comforts you and helps you with your disability and health concerns. God loves you very much and will guide you.

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a problem with sin? Are you spiritually minded? Do you understand the Bible enough? Where/who do you learn and follow?

I do have a problem with sin; everyone does, but I ask God for help and repent when I do sin. I try to be spiritually minded. I haven’t attended church in a long time as I’ve struggled with severe fatigue, so much so I don’t want to do anything.

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lots of people with their carnal mind try to imitate their idea of what is spiritual, yet still with the carnal mind.
One might consider doing good deeds a spiritual things...or whatever. And they'd ask their buddy who soothsays if he thinks so and their buddy says "sure". And they prefer to be around likeminded people even if their thoughts are different from Scripture and lack understanding and faith.
If people wanted answers they could find them. But if I walked right over and told them they'd not recognize gold when it'd be right in front of them
If you try to fulfill the Law yourself, you better see if that's even possible yourself. What the Bible says

Carnal people of all religions or even atheists might say they repent and try to do good deeds openly and hide other things.

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know I can’t fulfill the law. Hence why I asked Jesus to save me and accepted His sacrifice as the only payment for my sins. I repented for my sins as well. And continue to do so.

I accepted Christ and strive to follow Him but you didn’t read that probably. I don’t think we are on the same page here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even Saints get tormented.

Offer up your suffering to Jesus knowing that He is helping you carry your cross in life.

Don't give up on God. Keep asking Him to help you.

God bless you

Of course they do. God never promised us an easy life. I can’t stand dealing those who doubt my authenticity as a Christian because I struggle.(not saying you do.)

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because someone lacks understanding doesn't mean the other doesn't understand. You assume you're right in this case and that you understand what I meant.
But if nothing's missing then fine

In regards to the Bible there is more to understand. I do understand that being a Christian isn’t saying a prayer, doing good works, etc. What issue do you have with me?

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If God approves your faith then I should have no issue with it
Lots of people are caught up in worldly matters. They tend to disagree when anyone actually quotes Scripture they don't want to hear. Not saying that's you
I'd just leave them to what they consider right and what they consider holy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you've died and been resurrected with Christ and passed your sins vicariously on the sacrificial animal in the right order, not leaving out the essential thread colors, then your faith is approved. Wasn't there a verse that the one who jumps over the wall of the Tabernacle is a thief... John 10 wasn't it
Knowledge is good but proper belief is needed. Then just anyone who says "Jesus" can claim to be a follower

And He helps his faithful people.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course they do. God never promised us an easy life. I can’t stand dealing those who doubt my authenticity as a Christian because I struggle.(not saying you do.)
The wonderful thing is to know that God is with in our afflictions. :)

Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."

Upvote 0

Velden777

Nov 2, 2017
Peregian Beach
✟8,001.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Worrying about your physical illness, your future, and dealing with mental health concerns. On top of that it sounds like you are really trying to follow God, but sometimes it's hard to hear him, and you just want to know that he's got your back. You sound like you'd like a little certainty and a little bit of love from God. Is that right?

Sometimes we can feel like we are doing our bit, and we wonder why God appears silent. We're willing to follow God, if he'd just tell us the path he wants us to follow. We get frustrated, as we are sure we've opened the door, and that's it's God's move next.

Firstly, know that what God has started in you he will finish. You're in his hand and he won't let you go. But, what did you join up for when you gave your life to God? It sounds like you know quite a bit about the Christian walk? Remember we're called to lose our life so that we can find it. Sometimes we can try to fit God into our lives - I want this, I want that, I'll follow you if you tell me what to do etc.

God has told us what to do. We are to surrender to him. That doesn't mean we can't make decisions on our own, it doesn''t mean he'll deliver a perfect husband to your door. If there is something you would like to have and it isn't against God, then you should take steps to get it. Prayerfully, and listening in case God wants to have input, but generally speaking of God has condoned it, then there is nothing wrong with you talking steps to achieve it.

Now back to what it is God wants you to do with your life. He wants to be able to work through you. He's told us a moral code to follow, you know his ultimate aim is that no man should perish and he wants you to help him fulfill that.

I know some of this sounds harsh. We all would love to be rescued and looked after. But remember He has already rescued you, and He does want a super deep relationship with you, he adores you and aspires true intimacy with you, you need to do some of the work to get it.

If you want to get married, take some steps to achieve this. Join a Christian singles group, let people know you are looking, pray, and ask others to pray for you.

In the kindest possible way I'll say perhaps you are thinking too much about what God hasn't done for you, when instead you should be thinking that your eternal future is secure, now how can you help God.

Regarding trust, I think like love, trust is shown in action, and is a muscle you need to exercise. You closer you draw to God, the more intimate you become with him, the greater you will trust him.

I think you are well on your way, I think you are far beyond people who never think of these things. I think your heart wants intimacy, craves intimacy, and because of this I think you will find it. God knows you are pursuing him, dont you think he'll be able to find a way to break through your thinking and show you how to get close. He loves you so much.

I'd suggest maybe reading some information on the Holy Spirit. I find praying in the spirit very helpful. He knows just what I need, and can make me receptive to the Father.

Remember surrendering to God doesn't mean being passive. E.g., God had said that it is good people marry, so take steps to prayerfully find a husband. You can better serve God when you are healthy, so take steps to be healthy.

Sorry for flow of response. I'm typing on my phone.

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I am praying for you!! Stay in faith. I too have suffered with OCD and Depression. You can get through any battle with God.

Upvote 0