The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thing is with these X will win or Y will win threads and posts, will any of those who later prove to be wrong start a thread or post in a thread admitting they were wrong? Somehow I think not despite this being a Christian forum.
I am willing to admit that I am wrong about things. If Trump loses fair and square, I will admit I was wrong, because I think he is going to win big.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟105,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is with these X will win or Y will win threads and posts, will any of those who later prove to be wrong start a thread or post in a thread admitting they were wrong? Somehow I think not despite this being a Christian forum.

What's the point of creating a post saying you were wrong? If your guy loses, it's obvious. I definitely wouldn't judge someone's Christianity on it.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟113,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point is to admit you were wrong after the result is in.

The "Christian" aspect is the big talk I'm right the other side is wrong and I know what will happen aspect of these threads. It's boastful to pretend you know what the outcome will be but honesty about your mistakes means you should be prepared to admit you were wrong after the result is in.

The result will be known of course so saying there's no point in admitting you were wrong is like saying there's no point to admitting breaking a window - it's obvious the window is broken so why own up to it! :sigh:

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟105,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The point is to admit you were wrong after the result is in.

The "Christian" aspect is the big talk I'm right the other side is wrong and I know what will happen aspect of these threads. It's boastful to pretend you know what the outcome will be but honesty about your mistakes means you should be prepared to admit you were wrong after the result is in.

The result will be known of course so saying there's no point in admitting you were wrong is like saying there's no point to admitting breaking a window - it's obvious the window is broken so why own up to it! :sigh:

Because breaking a window is destroying someone else's property. Being wrong about who you think will win an election is like, whatever. There's nothing riding on my opinion, or anyone else's, in this thread. We all may debate hard here, but we aren't trying humiliate one another.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟113,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The window analogy was simply as an example of something that is obvious.

If you prefer I could have said making an obvious factually incorrect statement on this forum.

No one knows what the result will be so writing "X will win big" is an overblown statement unless prophetic powers are being claimed.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
All these people watching the left supporting the rioters are not fooled and will vote for Trump.

Why?
Because, they don't want the insane behavior in their cities.

M
I think it will be a little bit different than what you say Mountainbob. I think many on the left, let's call them soft supporting Dems will actually vote for Trump this year. I think many of them are scared as well at what's happening to their party.

Upvote 0