• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump's Trade Wars Costs Americans billions per month

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Go Braves, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,769
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It's what caused National Economic Council director Gary Cohn to sprint across the South Lawn of the White House & hail the next cab back to New York. He told Donald this was a terrible idea. He warned Donald this would happen. Donald still thought trade wars would be good & easy to win.

As one example, a store was talking about how their most popular washing machine had cost $499 last year. On account of Donald's trade wars, the exact same model is now $599. He said it was putting things in a spin cycle to say that this had been good for America.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hammster

Hammster Private Status. Do Not Read. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,057
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  3. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,454
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat

That has been my experience as well. Electronics seems to have gone up in price by about 20 percent or so.

4. Go Braves

+7,769
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
  5. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,432
    Agnostic
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Go Braves

+7,769
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Sorry to hear about your FIL's troubles. I'm not surprised. The farming communities where folks I know & extended family live have been hit hard in 2 ways. By the trade wars & by Donald's immigration rhetoric. The article up above Hammster posted talks about how the trucking industry has had a real hard time getting folks to work for them. That's been the problem farmers have had for generations now. Even with modern technology a lot of farming is still manual labor out in the elements. Hard, hard work. A lot of folks born & bred in America just turn their noses up at that, or aren't fit for it. Or they want wages to reflect on how hard that work is, rightfully so, instead of just getting paid the bare minimum. Farmers have long depended on immigrants. I learned Spanish, got an appetite for Central American food, on account of the number of migrant kids I played with growing up, who had parents working the farms.
    For generations most farmers simply hired undocumented workers & that was just fine. Republican bills have actually pushed for more visas for seasonal workers but that's incongruent with all of Donald's rhetoric about "the wall." There's more illegal immigrants in the US who came here on visas & overstayed them than there are who crossed at the border. On top of that, the workers who come in, learn how to do the job, & do the job great are ones farmers want to keep, but those workers often want their families to come join them.