Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We attend a church with a lot of imperfect Christians. Actually, not one there is perfect.

One lady at our church shared with me a while back she has deep regrets over her sinful past. I shared with her that I felt like I'm the, "Chief of Sinners."

I started a little prison ministry a while back. Sharing now some literature and teachings with some that will be locked up for probably the rest of their lives. Actually, a couple of these guys did the most terrible things.

As a Christian I am not supposed to hold their past against them.

Sure gets old hearing these Christians bring up Trump's past over and over and over and over again.

It's God's job to judge Trump. And most churches know Trump supports them. We as Christians should have a little mercy for the gentleman.

Maybe Trump has repented and wishes not to repeat those sins? That's all any of us can really do if we have the spirit within us.

M-Bob

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The irony of the OP statement is one again off the charts.

An Open Letter to Trump’s Evangelical Defenders

Trump-Loving Christians Owe Bill Clinton an Apology

I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Evangelicals slammed Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct. So why does Trump get a pass?

As I have said before in other threads...

The same conservatives who now support and defend Donald Trump once condemned Bill Clinton for his own sexual deviant behavior and sexual scandals when he was still the President. We both know that these same conservatives never would have referred to Bill Clinton's adulterous philandering as 'locker room banter' or 'macho talk' and we know they never said "Don't judge the President!" either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James Dobson:

James Dobson condemning Bill Clinton in 1998: "Character does matter. You can't run a family, let alone a country without it. How foolish to believe that a person who lacks honesty and moral integrity is qualified to lead a nation and the world."

Source: What James Dobson Said in 1998 About Moral Character and the Presidency

James Dobson endorsing Trump in 2016: "I’m not under any illusions that he is an outstanding moral example. It’s a cliché but true: We are electing a commander-in-chief, not a theologian-in-chief.”

Source: I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Franklin Graham:

Franklin Graham condemning Bill Clinton in 1998: "Bill Clinton's months-long extramarital sexual behavior in the Oval Office now concerns him and the rest of the world, not just his immediate family. If he will lie to or mislead his wife and daughter, those with whom he is most intimate, what will prevent him from doing the same to the American public?"

Source: What Franklin Graham Said About the “Private Sins” of Bill Clinton in 1998

Franklin Graham defending Donald Trump in 2018: “I think some of these things — that’s for him and his wife to deal with. I think when the country went after President Clinton, the Republicans, that was a great mistake that should never have happened. And I think the same with Stormy Daniels and so forth is nobody’s business. And we’ve got other business at hand that we need to deal with.”

Source: Evangelist Franklin Graham Says Donald Trump's Alleged Affair Is 'Nobody's Business'

Pat Robertson:

Pat Robertson Calls for Clinton's Impeachment

Standing by Donald Trump, Pat Robertson calls lewd video ‘macho talk’

Jerry Farwell, Jr.

Watch: Jerry Falwell Jr. goes after Clinton at Republican National Convention

Evangelical Jerry Falwell Jr. defends Trump: Jesus “never told Caesar how to run Rome”

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know too much about Trump other than what others report of him, or what he mentions. So it would not be fair for me to hold it against him.

The most I can do is pray for him to be a wise leader and a covering of his family.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We attend a church with a lot of imperfect Christians. Actually, not one there is perfect.

One lady at our church shared with me a while back she has deep regrets over her sinful past. I shared with her that I felt like I'm the, "Chief of Sinners."

I started a little prison ministry a while back. Sharing now some literature and teachings with some that will be locked up for probably the rest of their lives. Actually, a couple of these guys did the most terrible things.

As a Christian I am not supposed to hold their past against them.

Sure gets old hearing these Christians bring up Trump's past over and over and over and over again.

It's God's job to judge Trump. And most churches know Trump supports them. We as Christians should have a little mercy for the gentleman.

Maybe Trump has repented and wishes not to repeat those sins? That's all any of us can really do if we have the spirit within us.

M-Bob

What about a man who initially said he's never asked God for forgiveness, but then changed his story after he was pressed and said he doesn't like to ask for forgiveness? What if this same man once said he doesn't believe adultery is a sin? What if this man recently paid off a inappropriate content star to silence her about their affair? What if this man is twice divorced and in his third marriage to his former mistress?

Donald Trump in 1990: Adultery is Not a Sin

Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

Trump: I’ve Never Asked God For Forgiveness For Anything [VIDEO]

Trump: 'Why Do I Have to Repent or Ask for Forgiveness If I Am Not Making Mistakes?' (Video)

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I did that on purpose. But, we are open for you to express your full opinion regarding the matter.
M-Bob

Why such limited options? None of them apply to me and my perspective. I find it ironic, based on the complete corruption of our state of affairs in this country that anyone would rather focus on what a businessman did or did not do 10+ years ago. What matters is what this man, who was elected President is doing to fulfill his promises (or attempting to) and fighting a tsunami of odds to do so. By the way, he spoke at the Prayer Breakfast recently, upholding the right to life and he also spoke at the Right to Life march recently, amongst other things. He has essentially been attempting to carry out his promises alone (with measly "support" here and there).

The options do not apply, so my response regarding those options is "N/A".

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Being that he is a government offical It's my duty as a voting citizen to have a good working knowledge of the candidates particularly seeing that those behaviors continue due to a lack of acknowledgment on his part and repentance.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
particularly seeing that those behaviors continue due to a lack of acknowledgment on his part and repentance.

I don't know if Trump has repented or not? Only those very, very close to him would know. He hangs out with a lot of good religious leaders. Surely by now they would have shared the gospel with him many times?
M-Bob

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know if Trump has repented or not? Only those very, very close to him would know. He hangs out with a lot of good religious leaders. Surely by now they would have shared the gospel with him many times?
M-Bob

Even if he is surrounded by religious leaders, it's not a tail-tale sign that he has a repentant heart nor that they effectively shared the gospel. It would increase his odds, but one can only tell by his fruits.

It would be hard to say that he has, but equally as hard to say that that he is someone damned. Most one can do is pray.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
M-Bob

Now you know.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm skeptical that the Trump supporters in this thread will address the video you posted, considering the fact that the articles I've posted about his reaction to forgiveness have been outright ignored.

Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

Trump: I’ve Never Asked God For Forgiveness For Anything [VIDEO]

Trump: 'Why Do I Have to Repent or Ask for Forgiveness If I Am Not Making Mistakes?' (Video)
True, they will either ignore it or worse put an irrelevant spin on it to misdirect the dialogue.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now you know.

Proves nothing I think that is from the old days.

How are your old days looking?
How are my old days looking?

They throw out others past as if they are sitting on the judgement seat.

A dangerous place to be.

Don't forget to pull the log out of your eye before attempting to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, they will either ignore it or worse put an irrelevant spin on it to misdirect the dialogue.

Before you respond to the last post, I would suggest that you not take the "don't judge!" rhetoric seriously because there's a thread about Joe Biden and he's called "Creepy Joe" by the same person who has told you to pull the log out of your eye. The post is on the fourth page of the thread. I also suggest reading through the rest of the thread. I think you will see what I mean if you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James Dobson:

Franklin Graham:

Pat Robertson:

Jerry Farwell, Jr.
All of those men should be ashamed of themselves. If character mattered 20 years ago, it matters just as much today.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The whole business of comparing Clinton to Trump and then criticizing Christians who supported Trump during his campaign but not those Christians who had given a pass to Clinton, is bogus.

1. Trump’s offense was prior to him seeking our votes. Clinton’s was not only during his term in office but occurred in the White House and with an intern.

2. Trump’s was talk. Clintons was actual.

3. Clinton was convicted of perjury because of his hanky-panky. Trump has not been convicted of anything criminal.

4. Clinton recruited cabinet members to lie to the public about it. Trump has not done anything of that sort.

and that merely scratches the surface.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All of those men should be ashamed of themselves. If character mattered 20 years ago, it matters just as much today.

Why because they meet with Trump often and support him?

We on top the mountain support Christian values and presidents that wish to follow them.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0