Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The furloughing of hundreds of Food and Drug Administration inspectors has sharply reduced inspections of the nation’s food supply — one of many repercussions of the partial government shutdown that make Americans potentially less safe.

The agency, which oversees 80 percent of the food supply, has suspended all routine inspections of domestic food-processing facilities, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said in an interview. He said he’s working on a plan to bring back inspectors as early as next week to resume inspections of high-risk facilities, which handle foods such as soft cheese or seafood, or have a history of problems.

“We are doing what we can to mitigate any risk to consumers through the shutdown,” Gottlieb said.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest, a nonprofit advocacy group, described the reductions as unacceptable.

“That puts our food supply at risk,” said Sarah Sorscher, deputy director of regulatory affairs at the group. “Regular inspections, which help stop foodborne illness before people get sick, are vital.”

Foodborne illness is a major problem in the United States, sickening 48 million people each year and killing 3,000, estimates the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8d8060c8ca9d

Good thing that Donny is saving us from the tyranny of big gub'mint food inspections! If I get sick from eating uninspected romaine lettuce, I'll be sure to think of him as I vomit.

This is definitely not as important as costly and unnecessary "steel slats".
Ringo

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good thing that Donny is saving us from the tyranny of big gub'mint food inspections! If I get sick from eating uninspected romaine lettuce, I'll be sure to think of him as I vomit.
No worries at all if you
take a spoonful of other foods or drinks with all your meals:
foods and drinks known to prevent food problems, even with unwashed vegetables ....
(can't advertise them here, but easy to find)

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8d8060c8ca9d

This is definitely not as important as costly and unnecessary "steel slats".
Ringo

My favorite food, romaine lettuce salads. I haven't been able to eat them for months now. Thanks for the FDA update. I wasn't aware of it.

Upvote 0