Trump's Rally in Neveda Today a Woman Asks Him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about the left global media has made it a political weapon and reset the landscape of the human mind?
Truth is authoritative, not subjective.

I grant you that it's a valid left/right dichotomy when on one side they take covid more seriously than those on the other side. But if on the right it's considered a plot to change the landscape of the human mind by the "left", that's not a valid use of a left/right dichotomy.

Please understand that a left/right dichotomy only exists to denote an abstract center which is the objective view. Hence you can take the issue too seriously and not seriously enough. Therefore we seek the center where we take it seriously enough without taking it too seriously. Those who know this about a left/right dichotomy are not fooled by propaganda that calls the left bad and the right good or visa versa. Because objectively they are both just subjective views.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Truth is authoritative, not subjective.
Media is the strongest authourity out there. Ever notice the radio stations are the first to be captured when a revolution/war is going on? And as far as center goes, any Christian should know that any governance of man regardless of side is to be rejected for the governance of God. Makes things a lot simpler. :)

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are talking about cynicism. I never said they were cynical, I never said they were morons, I never said it was all of them. I have no idea why you said what you said because it has nothing to do with what I said. You just made up a whole bunch of things and attached them to my post.
You don't think these words describe cynicism?

"Do you think this lopsided concern teaches conservatives to wear masks? No, it teaches them that Covid is a political weapon, further entrenching them to not wear masks or socially distance."

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't think these words describe cynicism?

"Do you think this lopsided concern teaches conservatives to wear masks? No, it teaches them that Covid is a political weapon, further entrenching them to not wear masks or socially distance."
No it doesn't make them cynics, nor does it describe them being a moron, or an absolute statement. Which is why it isn't in my statement in the first place.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Media is the strongest authourity out there. Ever notice the radio stations are the first to be captured when a revolution/war is going on? And as far as center goes, any Christian should know that any governance of man regardless of side is to be rejected for the governance of God. Makes things a lot simpler. :)
God says to submit to the powers that be, which Jesus did when he was crucified by both religious and secular authorities.

Media is just a means of mass communication. It's not an authority. The reason why I say that truth is authoritative is because no person decides whether or not 2+2=4, we learn it or we don't.

A left/right dichotomy is considered a construct in psycholinguistics upon which we reason pro and con between opposing subjective views. As such left and right doesn't represent people, but rather valid perspectives that form semantics through binary terms. For example, both a buyer and a seller want "a good price" not "a bad price". But the meaning of what constitutes a good price and a bad price are opposites in sentiment in a buyer and a seller's respective views.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A left/right dichotomy is considered a construct in psycholinguistics upon which we reason pro and con between opposing subjective views.
The ol' us vs them ploy. The same scam Gentile Christianity ran 1700 years back when it broadsided Jesus and His Gospel of the Kingdom to create a religion of 'us vs them'. They rejected what God had said about a third option just as politicians do. He said it was 'Him vs us/them'. Where is societies third option?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A woman at the rally asks Trump if he is concerned about catching coVid at this indoor rally and this is what he said. Beginning at :38 - 4:00

I wouldn't worry about it....everyone knows if you say the magic words "black lives matter", the virus will leave you alone.

• Haha
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL
Nope, he's not worried about catching it because as he says, he's on a stage a long way away from the crowd.

Distance at an indoor venue won't protect him, especially if the air conditioning currents are carrying droplets in every direction.

• Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If we as a nation would have taken this more seriously we would have flattened the curve as well as other nations who are now opening up. ( Data 4 months ago)
Road-to-Recovery-Reopening-Economies.jpg

The Road to Recovery: Which Economies are Reopening?

Israel is about to go on lockdown again, if they haven't already.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then you should be alarmed how the 'pandemic' is being used to further the interests of the fourth industrial revolution, the Technocratic Age as they call it. While people focus on the virus they miss the changes being made to centuries of 'freedoms'. This medical martial law is allowing the system to turn into a social credit system similar to China where buying and selling and other freedoms will only be allowed if the people comply. The less you co-operate the less freedom you will have. Stay home, live online, abandon cash, abandon churches, do not congregate, take the dna altering vaccine, etc. Anyone who thinks these changes are going away are living in a fantasy, simply because every time people rebel a greater 'threat' will be introduced. The bible wasn't kidding about losing the freedom to buy and sell unless you bow to the system. Things will re-open, but in a new way.

I understand your fear. I've lived with that fear my whole life (60+ years), the one world government and the mark of the beast and all of that. But as such, I believe it will happen and no one can stop it. It's written that the saints will make war against the beast and they will lose. I will be joining in that battle if I'm alive when that time comes. Until then, my only focus day after day is to persevere in love.

If Trump got on stage tomorrow and said he wanted to stop illegal immigrants from being able to buy and sell and wanted everyone to get microchipped so that only REAL Americans can get goods and services, there would be a line of his supporters out the door for weeks to get said mark. With natural disasters increasing resulting in mass death, I believe sooner or later someone will try to force this issue.

I was already concerned about jobs being eliminated because stores are trying to implement self checkout and even automated ordering inside far food restaurants, but covid is speeding up the process, and I've even seen signs asking people pay with credit cards because of covid and/or the coin shortage.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Distance at an indoor venue won't protect him, especially if the air conditioning currents are carrying droplets in every direction.
We can only hope!

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't make them cynics, nor does it describe them being a moron, or an absolute statement. Which is why it isn't in my statement in the first place.
This is the statement: "Do you think this lopsided concern teaches conservatives to wear masks? No, it teaches them that Covid is a political weapon, further entrenching them to not wear masks or socially distance."

cyn·ic
/ˈsinik/

noun
noun: cynic; plural noun: cynics; noun: Cynic; plural noun: Cynics
  1. 1.
    a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the voice of the current authority. None are the voice of God but only of self serving/self justifying man.
It's not the voice of any authority. Media is a means of mass communication.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ol' us vs them ploy. The same scam Gentile Christianity ran 1700 years back when it broadsided Jesus and His Gospel of the Kingdom to create a religion of 'us vs them'. They rejected what God had said about a third option just as politicians do. He said it was 'Him vs us/them'. Where is societies third option?
I don't know how you came to this conclusion. I've already said, the center of a left/right dichotomy is the objective view. There is no us vs. them in the objective view, because left and right are not people, they're subjective views.

From post #101,
Please understand that a left/right dichotomy only exists to denote an abstract center which is the objective view. Hence you can take the issue too seriously and not seriously enough. Therefore we seek the center where we take it seriously enough without taking it too seriously. Those who know this about a left/right dichotomy are not fooled by propaganda that calls the left bad and the right good or visa versa. Because objectively they are both just subjective views.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The top depends on the bottom doing so, yes. That is why the media was able to easily shut down the global economy and keep everyone at home.
The media has no such power. The governors were forced to shut down to slow the spread because there was no action taken to test, track and isolate the contagion by the federal government. Ideally the CDC as a function of federal government would have slowed the spread by testing, tracking and isolating the contagion, but that was never implemented on any meaningful scale.

• Agree
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Trump got on stage tomorrow and said he wanted to stop illegal immigrants from being able to buy and sell and wanted everyone to get microchipped so that only REAL Americans can get goods and services, there would be a line of his supporters out the door for weeks to get said mark. With natural disasters increasing resulting in mass death, I believe sooner or later someone will try to force this issue.

I was already concerned about jobs being eliminated because stores are trying to implement self checkout and even automated ordering inside far food restaurants, but covid is speeding up the process, and I've even seen signs asking people pay with credit cards because of covid and/or the coin shortage.
I see the growing national debt as a possible catalyst for a digital currency.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump's Rally in Nevada Today a Woman Asks Him...

For this President to promote live campaign rallies in the middle of a pandemic to satisfy his ego is beyond irresponsible - given that the Woodward tapes show that Trump has been well aware of the dangers posed by COVID-19 for months!

Trump delegated the responsibility for combating coronavirus to the governors and then deliberately defies their state safety regulations that place limits on crowd size!

So much for Trump attempts to portray himself as the "law and order" President - given that he assumes he has the authority to pick and choose which laws to keep and those to ignore!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.