• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump's got the Pro-Life vote

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Feb 2, 2020.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+32,874
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Apparently I do. I start with the most vulnerable who cannot defend themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. redleghunter

+32,874
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Nice broadside there. Did I fail your litmus test for compassion? Are you using some sort of AI to mentally probe my brain if I am compassionate to all who are in need? What a shameful deflection and accusation. Just bury the fact that innocent defenseless human beings are being slaughtered by the millions.

3. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,929
    Catholic
    Married
    I wouldn't call God's written word a shameful deflection.

4. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,929
    Catholic
    Married
    I agree. I am Pro-life on all matters. Failure to protect innocent babies is equal to failure to protect innocent immigrants.

5. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,157
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    One can oppose abortion while recognizing that criminalizing it may not be the most effective way to end it---and certainly not the most compassionate.

6. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,716
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Not the most compassionate to whom?

Certainly you aren’t referring to the innocent and entirely vulnerable unborn child who can’t advocate for her own life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Fantine

+7,157
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I was referring to the appalling lack of compassion these innocents receive after they are born by many who championed their right to birth

By merely criminalizing abortion supporters can have the smug satisfaction of labeling women who have abortions as criminals. It is always easier to label someone, thereby dehumanizing her, than to do the hard work of relating to her and allowing your preconceptions to crumble.

8. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+9,497
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    These young ones can overcome that.
    No overcoming abortion.
    M-Bob

9. redleghunter

+32,874
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Who exactly is implementing the 'appalling lack of compassion?"

10. Fantine

+7,157
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Legislators who cut funding for children's programs, put immigrant children in cages, cut special ed, do nothing when lead us in the water supply, etc.

Guess who their fearsome leader Is? The most pro-his own ego president ever.

11. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+9,497
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The simple answer is no one.
    More compassion shown to all in the US than most other countries.
    But, some were born to complain -- even when they have a good thing.
    MB

12. Fantine

+7,157
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I am always surprised that voters believe Republicans want to end abortion.

If they succeeded, what could they point to as evidence of compassion?

13. Fantine

+7,157
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I saw that Melania introduced a new fashion item to accompany the MAGA hat when she visited the border--a jacket bearing the words "I really don't care."
    It seems to typify Trump supporters, Especially after the display of cowardice we saw on Wednesday and the disgusting blasphemy of a president who made a prayer breakfast all about him and his unholy vendettas.

14. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,612
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    So? I know several pro-life individuals who would allow exceptions for cases involving rape, incest or the life of the pregnant woman.

15. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,740
    Christian
    Married
    Mod hat on
    this thread has gone thru a small clean-up of flaming and goading posts;
    please do not post; flaming or goading other members or questioning their Christianity.
    Mod hat off