Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2022-02-11/bidens-loss-isnt-trumps-gain

"The numbers are not looking good right now for Donald Trump, whose iron grip over the Republican Party appears to be weakening. And while the former president still has substantial influence with party brass – witnessed by the Republican National Committee censuring two lawmakers participating in the investigation of the Jan. 6 insurrection – Trump's power is not what it once was, experts and pollsters say.

"No nostalgia for the Trump years is a good way of putting it," says Charles Franklin, director of the Marquette Law School Poll. While some Democrats have been unhappy with President Joe Biden of late, "what those Democrats haven't done is decided they voted for the wrong guy," Franklin says.

A January Marquette poll, in fact, found that Biden would best Trump, 53% to 43%, in a hypothetical 2024 rematch."

tz620q

Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟567,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2022-02-11/bidens-loss-isnt-trumps-gain

"The numbers are not looking good right now for Donald Trump, whose iron grip over the Republican Party appears to be weakening. And while the former president still has substantial influence with party brass – witnessed by the Republican National Committee censuring two lawmakers participating in the investigation of the Jan. 6 insurrection – Trump's power is not what it once was, experts and pollsters say.

"No nostalgia for the Trump years is a good way of putting it," says Charles Franklin, director of the Marquette Law School Poll. While some Democrats have been unhappy with President Joe Biden of late, "what those Democrats haven't done is decided they voted for the wrong guy," Franklin says.

A January Marquette poll, in fact, found that Biden would best Trump, 53% to 43%, in a hypothetical 2024 rematch."
I looked at the U.S. News article and found the 53% to 43% number; but could not find it anywhere in the Marquette poll they sited, which said 43% to 33%. Not a big deal, but I would have thought the fact checkers at U.S. News were better than that.

The one thing this survey showed is not really new. The Republicans and the Democrats are deeply entrenched in their beliefs and the fight is in the middle. That middle swings with the latest news cycle. So anything could happen.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟148,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would literally vote for any other person in America if trump ran for president again. If republicans would obtain a clue they would nominate any other person in America! I love to have choices when casting a ballot. Having trump on the ballot nullifies any choice for many American voters. He has proved his unfitness for the job in myriad ways. I'm fairly surprised he still walks free.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟141,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The cold hard truth is that Trump is not likely going to be able to expand his voter base between now and 2024, outside of those who now still support him. He may win the Republican nomination, but I doubt he would win the general election.
Any Republican that runs and wins must have both the conservative Republicans along with the more moderate Republicans, (in other words they will have to unite the Republican party.) Trump will be unlikely to do that. Plus they would have to win the "swing vote." i.e. Independents and conservative Democrats. Trump is unlikely to do that as well, in light of his post election behavior.
That said, 2024 is still a long way away. I believe it would be so much better for the Republican party to put up another candidate.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The cold hard truth is that Trump is not likely going to be able to expand his voter base between now and 2024, outside of those who now still support him. He may win the Republican nomination, but I doubt he would win the general election.
Any Republican that runs and wins must have both the conservative Republicans along with the more moderate Republicans, (in other words they will have to unite the Republican party.) Trump will be unlikely to do that. Plus they would have to win the "swing vote." i.e. Independents and conservative Democrats. Trump is unlikely to do that as well, in light of his post election behavior.
That said, 2024 is still a long way away. I believe it would be so much better for the Republican party to put up another candidate.
This assumes that the GOP will still be running primary elections.
If Party leadership thinks that the hoi polloi will likely select “the wrong” candidate, they may opt to scrap primary season altogether and just nominate their candidate at the RNC.

• Useful
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
While it's certainly far too early to look to polls for predictions about the results of the 2024 election, if we look at the polls to get a feel for where public opinion is at now, the RCP polling average has Trump more than 5 points ahead of Biden, and remember that in both 2016 and 2020, Trump overperformed the RCP polling average:

General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Apparently, Trump doesn't look so bad once you see what the alternative is...

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟899,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Trump Biden rematch is the stuff of nightmares but I would choose Biden without a doubt. Biden isn’t much but he is still better. Trump was the worst. He can’t be allowed back in.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Our country needs a Conservative party that will stand on conservative principles, not the Republican Party of today whose politics are based on the culture war and blaming others for America's problems.

Upvote 0

Mn_of_stl

Feb 13, 2022
The South
✟8,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I voted for trump twice, and if he runs again in 2024, he’ll get my vote again. He was a great president, i miss him, and look forward to the GOP having control of the executive, both parts of the legislative, and the judicial.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟141,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our country needs a Conservative party that will stand on conservative principles, not the Republican Party of today whose politics are based on the culture war and blaming others for America's problems.
I'm old enough to remember when we used to have that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Or blaming other Americans (as if political opponents are “the real enemy”).

This is the consequence of a party embracing populism, which requires an “enemy” to defeat (once and for all) before the populist-party can deliver the brand-sparkling-new utopia they’ll try to sell.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

That’s where political fight is. Trump showed that if the Republican Party is going to be relevant it needs to be willing to take on the Dems at their own game - and that means fighting the culture war.

• Prayers
Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A Trump Biden rematch is the stuff of nightmares but I would choose Biden without a doubt. Biden isn’t much but he is still better. Trump was the worst. He can’t be allowed back in.

Unfortunately, what Donald's followers lack in numbers (among other things), they make up for in their enthusiastic willingness to engage in...

upload_2022-1-11_11-22-59.jpeg

"...legitimate political discourse."

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That’s where political fight is. Trump showed that if the Republican Party is going to be relevant it needs to be willing to take on the Dems at their own game - and that means fighting the culture war.

And yet, the Republicans continually lose culture wars. So what have you gained?

And what do you expect to gain if you ever actually win one?

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mn_of_stl

Feb 13, 2022
The South
✟8,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And yet, the Republicans continually lose culture wars. So what have you gained?

And what do you expect to gain if you ever actually win one?

do you think the culture wars lost have made America better??

if we did win one, and we soon might when SCOTUS overturns Roe v Wade, then you’ll see how totally depraved America is when it trues to fight back. And it is at that moment, we (the GOP) truly turn our back on America and let it finish itself off.

• Agree
Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
do you think the culture wars lost have made America better??

if we did win one, and we soon might when SCOTUS overturns Roe v Wade, then you’ll see how totally depraved America is when it trues to fight back. And it is at that moment, we (the GOP) truly turn our back on America and let it finish itself off.
How ominous!
The best that SCOTUS will do vis-a-vis abortion, it’ll return the decision to the several states; after somehow rescinding the right that the Burger Court found betwixt the 4th, 9th and 14th Amendments, then we’ll see folks go on a binge against a woman’s right to choose!

You say the GOP will give up on America?
I disagree, we’ll get back to having real, actual politicking soon-ish, say, 2032.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Womens right to choose? You dont see the problem with that?? And you wonder why us conservatives will sit back and let the left finish off this country.
Women shouldn’t have the right to bodily autonomy?
She has another potential human being inside of her, she’s not allowed to decide whether or not she wants to keep it?

Upvote 0