Trump's disapproval rating hits all-time high, rising after midterm election, polls show

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Donald Trump's disapproval rating hits all-time high

tulc(KAG by more Americans disliking President Trump then ever?) :scratch:
This is no surprise. Why should Trump's approval rating be high when more people voted for Clinton? Trump is NOT going to win those people over. They hate him and always will because he is doing the polar opposite of what they want. We have a hugely divided country and it started with the great divider, Obama. It exponentially increased with this election.

I love how Trump doesn't care about the polls. He is pushing an agenda that is good for this country and it's working. But a lot of folks still don't care that it's working. They hate the guy and no matter what he does or how good it gets they will hate him.

I personally don't like the guy. But I do like what's been accomplished under his leadership. I really don't expect the polls to change due to the drastic division in this country and due to trumps lousy personality.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
One problem with these surveys is, you have the rate the President from 1-10. What do you do when he was already a 1 a long time ago--write in "the Russian traitor makes me reek of disgust"? You can't go any lower.

We're you as disgusted at Clinton who acted traitorously when she was involved with the dossier trying to get dirt on Trump from foreigners in order to sway the election? Where you as disgusted with her when she was actually involved in rigging an election against Sanders?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is no surprise. Why should Trump's approval rating be high when more people voted for Clinton? Trump is NOT going to win those people over. They hate him and always will because he is doing the polar opposite of what they want.
I don't hate him. He's just a really REALLY bad President. :wave:

We have a hugely divided country and it started with the great divider, Obama.
Or it didn't. :)

It exponentially increased with this election.
Then why hasn't President Trump done something to fix those problems? Could it be because he doesn't see himself as the "leader" of the United States so much as the "CEO" of it? You know "Do what I want or I'll fire you!" doesn't really work when you're the President of a Country. I don't think even after 2 years on the job he's figured even that much out. ;)
I love how Trump doesn't care about the polls.
Okay...that actually made me laugh right out loud. I suspect NO ONE in President Trumps administration cares half as much about the polls as President Trump does. No one. :D

He is pushing an agenda that is good for this country and it's working.
Well except of course for the 14,000 or so auto workers who just lost their jobs. I suspect they would tend to disagree with that idea.

But a lot of folks still don't care that it's working.
see above.

They hate the guy and no matter what he does or how good it gets they will hate him.
There it is again. Let me ask you this: if you were in a situation where the guy who's supposed to be working for you did everything in his power to do the opposite of what you wanted wouldn't you point out the things he's doing that you disagree with? At what point did that become "hate"? Because that's what's happening here. President Trump is the President of the entire United States, but he only seems interested in working for the top 1%.

I personally don't like the guy.
Well, there's not many who do according to the polls. ;)

But I do like what's been accomplished under his leadership.
That's nice, I don't and that's why I point out things I disagree with.

I really don't expect the polls to change due to the drastic division in this country and due to trumps lousy personality.
Well, when people elect a clown they shouldn't be surprised when they get a circus. :eheh:
tulc(is going to go get more coffee) :coffee:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The problem though is that Trump's approval ratings have never broken 50%. He's good for rallying his base, but it's not good if you want to reach across the aisle. The next Congress will determine if he compromises on anything, but if he can't generate more favorable ratings, then his odds of winning in 2020 are going to be slim (assuming his future opponent is not disliked more).

The other side of the aisle has to compromise as well. They will not budge. They will only resist.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The other side of the aisle has to compromise as well.
You do realize compromise is a two way thing, right? Because when ever I hear Republicans/conservatives talk about how "The Democrats need to compromise" it usually seams to mean: "The Democrats need to do anything and everything the Republicans/conservatives want to do.". :wave:

They will not budge.
Why should they? When have the Republicans ever given them any reason to do so? :sorry:

They will only resist.
If the Republicans didn't want so much opposition maybe they shouldn't have elected a birther to be the face of their Party? :scratch:
tulc(doesn't think what's happening is totally unreasonable all things considered) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
...if you want to discuss Sec. Clinton shouldn't you start a thread about that? This thread is about President Trump. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion) :)

Just wondering if there's hypocrisy here or consistency. It's easy to be outraged agaisnt someone you hate, and then excuse someone you like for doing the same thing. If you are not hypocritical then it's much easier to listen to what someone has to say .

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Then why hasn't President Trump done something to fix those problems? Could it be because he doesn't see himself as the "leader" of the United States so much as the "CEO" of it? You know "Do what I want or I'll fire you!" doesn't really work when you're the President of a Country. I don't think even after 2 years on the job he's figured even that much out. ;)

Okay...that actually made me laugh right out loud. I suspect NO ONE in President Trumps administration cares half as much about the polls as President Trump does. No one. :D

Well except of course for the 14,000 or so auto workers who just lost their jobs. I suspect they would tend to disagree with that idea.

see above.

There it is again. Let me ask you this: if you were in a situation where the guy who's supposed to be working for you did everything in his power to do the opposite of what you wanted wouldn't you point out the things he's doing that you disagree with? At what point did that become "hate"? Because that's what's happening here. President Trump is the President of the entire United States, but he only seems interested in working for the top 1%.

Well, when people elect a clown they shouldn't be surprised when they get a circus. :eheh:

This post is so full of opinions without being backed by facts. But I guess youre entitled .

• Agree
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread isn't about me or any other of the posters in this thread, if you'd like to discuss us I'd suggest starting a thread about that, this thread is about President Trump's disapproval ratings. :wave:
tulc(will look forward to seeing that thread) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This post is so full of opinions without being backed by facts.
...did I claim those were anything but my opinions? :scratch:
But I guess youre entitled .
I am, and so are you entitled to having your own opinion. If however you want to claim something you're saying is a fact? Then you should be prepared to show support for it. :wave:
tulc(has found opinions are like noses, everyone is free to pick their own) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We're you as disgusted at Clinton who acted traitorously when she was involved with the dossier trying to get dirt on Trump from foreigners in order to sway the election? Where you as disgusted with her when she was actually involved in rigging an election against Sanders?

The favorite deflection from the left is to say "we aren't discussing so and so." Or they say "start your own thread about so and so." Plus, the left never put one another down. They all stick together. Birds of a feather and such.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The favorite deflection from the left is to say "we aren't discussing so and so." Or they say "start your own thread about so and so."
uhmmm...deflection is defined as:
Deflect is defined as to cause something to change direction, or to deter someone from his/her intended purpose. When all the attention is focused on you and you change the subject and get people to change what they are talking about, this is an example of a time when you deflect the conversation
So a simple example of deflection would be: Say you're involved in a discussion about:
Trump's disapproval rating hits all-time high,
and then someone tries to make the conversation about say:
Were you as disgusted at "politician to be named later" when they X'ed?
that would be called deflection. Because the conversation in the thread is about President Trump, not "politician to be named later". Then if instead of someone trying to defend the "politician to be named later" who the thread isn't about points out that if you'd like to discuss the "politician to be named later" you should just start a thread about that person because that's not what this thread is about, that's not actually "deflection". :wave:

Plus, the left never put one another down. They all stick together. Birds of a feather and such.
Huh, that seems like it would make an interesting thread, if you'd like to discuss that subject further you should start a thread about it and see where it goes. ;)
tulc(will be interested to see all those other threads when they are posted) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what they do best, deny, defy, resist, insist.
Well...I don't like to brag but I DO drink a lot of water. hot water, strained through ground up coffee beans. Alright, I drink a lot of coffee. :sorry:
tulc(his strength is as the strength of 10 because of the caffeine) :cool1:

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal

see above.

That's the thing about presidents and the givernment and our ideology. If they don't do what we want then they're crappy. Obama did everything in his power to do the opposite of what I wanted. And I didn't like it. And I thought he was a terrible president. But I didn't spew vitriol towards him and neither did most conservatives. Much of the left these days spew hatred and vitriol towards the president like I've never seen. The hatred is palpable.

You're 1% comment is noted. And shows just how much you dislike him because he refuse to recognize the good he has accomplished like the tax cuts which are really helping regular Americans. There are businesses that are giving higher wages to their employees because of the tax cuts. More Americans are being helped and not just the 1%. You bought the lie because of your dislike. The economy is going so well that the unemployment rate is the best it's been in a very long time and that includes the minorities.

And businesses that are laying off employees aren't doing it because the economy sucks. They are doing it because they are being run poorly. That's what you get from government handouts and bailouts.

• Agree
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's the thing about presidents and the givernment and our ideology. If they don't do what we want then they're crappy. Obama did everything in his power to do the opposite of what I wanted. And I didn't like it. And I thought he was a terrible president. But I didn't spew vitriol towards him and neither did most conservatives. Much of the left these days spew hatred and vitriol towards the president like I've never seen. The hatred is palpable.

You're 1% comment is noted. And shows just how much you dislike him because he refuse to recognize the good he has accomplished like the tax cuts which are really helping regular Americans. There are businesses that are giving higher wages to their employees because of the tax cuts. More Americans are being helped and not just the 1%. You bought the lie because of your dislike. The economy is going so well that the unemployment rate is the best it's been in a very long time and that includes the minorities.

And businesses that are laying off employees aren't doing it because the economy sucks. They are doing it because they are being run poorly. That's what you get from government handouts and bailouts.

The left hate this president (whether they admit it or not) so much that they will never recognize any of the good he is doing. That is truly a sad thing.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the thing about presidents and the givernment and our ideology. If they don't do what we want then they're crappy. Obama did everything in his power to do the opposite of what I wanted. And I didn't like it. And I thought he was a terrible president. But I didn't spew vitriol towards him and neither did most conservatives. (snip)
Let me stop you right there: the Republicans elected as President of the United States a guy who spent all of President Obama's administration claiming he wasn't even legally President because he wasn't a citizen. Let's just look at that fact for a second... I see you joined CF in 2015, I've been here since 2002, that means I was here throughout most of the second President Bush and all of President Obama's administration. And let me tell you a simple fact: the stuff you see being posted today? Not even sort of as bad as what people would say about President Obama. So you can come on here and throw your hands up as much as you like and mourn over "the vitriol, the vitriol!" but please don't be offended if I just shake my head and chuckle when I hear any of President Trumps supporters make that sort of claim.
I will point out one miracle that happened when President Trump took office: All those Scriptures about "God appointing the leaders of a country" and how "Christians are supposed to honor and obey them!"? those ones that mysteriously disappeared out of evangelicals Bibles during the 8 years of President Obama's administration? They all suddenly reappeared in their Bibles in Jan of 2017! So there you go, you really can't say I didn't point out a miracle that apparently happened because President Trump got elected. :wave:
tulc(tries to point out things he finds amazing) ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The left hate this president (whether they admit it or not) so much that they will never recognize any of the good he is doing. That is truly a sad thing.
I pointed out a miracle that happened because President Trump got elected in post #37...I should get credit for that, right? :scratch:
tulc(is just checking) :sorry:

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
fine by me. :)

Well, I'm going to assume you must have some interest, otherwise why read the thread? :scratch:

...and apparently a lot more people don't then do. :wave:
tulc(is in need of more coffee) :sigh:

You always hear from the squeaky wheels well before you hear from the silent majority.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You always hear from the squeaky wheels well before you hear from the silent majority.
Could it be because the squeaky wheels notice things before the majority does? :scratch:
tulc(isn't really squeaky, though his knees have been known to creak a lot) :sorry:

Upvote 0