Trump's Attorney General had Cohen locked up for writing a book on Trump.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But then a judge found out about it and forced them to let him go.

I don't know why Bill Barr doesn't get done for anything. Seems he can keep trying illegal stuff and not face any repercussions himself.
Judge orders Michael Cohen's prison release after government 'retaliation'
A judge ordered the release from prison of Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer on Thursday, saying he believed the government retaliated against him for writing a book about Trump.

Judge rules Michael Cohen must be released
Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein, in a 36-minute tele-hearing Thursday, found that returning Cohen from home confinement to jail was "retaliatory," that it punished Cohen "because of his desire to exercise his first amendment rights to publish a book and to discuss anything about the book or anything else he wants on social media and with others."

Judge Orders Michael Cohen To Be Released From Prison, Saying His First Amendment Rights Were Violated
A federal judge ordered that President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen must be released from prison and sent back to home confinement, saying he believes the government sent him back to prison as retaliation for refusing to agree to not write a book about Trump and, in doing so, violated his First Amendment rights.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know why Bill Barr doesn't get done for anything. Seems he can keep trying illegal stuff and not face any repercussions himself.
A judge ordered the release from prison of Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer on Thursday, saying he believed the government retaliated against him for writing a book about Trump.

Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein, in a 36-minute tele-hearing Thursday, found that returning Cohen from home confinement to jail was "retaliatory," that it punished Cohen "because of his desire to exercise his first amendment rights to publish a book and to discuss anything about the book or anything else he wants on social media and with others."

Judge Orders Michael Cohen To Be Released From Prison, Saying His First Amendment Rights Were Violated
A federal judge ordered that President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen must be released from prison and sent back to home confinement, saying he believes the government sent him back to prison as retaliation for refusing to agree to not write a book about Trump and, in doing so, violated his First Amendment rights.

I’m more disappointed that they don’t regularly appear on TV smoking cigars, eating pasta and saying ‘foggetaboutit’ more. That would push them up in the estimation of the worldwide TV watching population quite a bit I think.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

so was this illegal also?
A federal judge had denied Cohen’s attempt for an early release to home confinement after serving 10 months in prison and said in a May ruling that it “appears to be just another effort to inject himself into the news cycle”.

But the Bureau of Prisons can move prisoners to home confinement without a judicial order.

Prison advocates and congressional leaders had pressed the justice department to release at-risk inmates, arguing that the public health guidance to stay 6ft (2m) away from other people is nearly impossible behind bars.

William Barr ordered the Bureau of Prisons to increase the use of home confinement and expedite the release of eligible high-risk inmates, beginning at three prisons identified as coronavirus hotspots. Otisville, where Cohen was housed, was not one of those facilities. Trump's ex-fixer Michael Cohen back in custody over early-release rule breach

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
William Barr ordered the Bureau of Prisons to increase the use of home confinement and expedite the release of eligible high-risk inmates, beginning at three prisons identified as coronavirus hotspots. Otisville, where Cohen was housed, was not one of those facilities. Trump's ex-fixer Michael Cohen back in custody over early-release rule breach
The "early release breach" is that for Michael Cohen and ONLY Michael Cohen, they wanted him to sign away his first amendment rights, they wanted him to promise not to talk to media and not to publish his book. This USA government and Attorney General are totally corrupt.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like someone needs to have their arms broken before being thrown into solitary. Where are Epstein’s guards when you need them?
What guards?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "early release breach" is that for Michael Cohen and ONLY Michael Cohen, they wanted him to sign away his first amendment rights, they wanted him to promise not to talk to media and not to publish his book. This USA government and Attorney General are totally corrupt.
well just go out and find some evidence, not rumor, not conjecture, not innuendo, real evidence that the Attorney General is corrupt.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
well just go out and find some evidence, not rumor, not conjecture, not innuendo, real evidence that the Attorney General is corrupt.
It's pretty clear that you didn't read the articles that I posted links to, nor watched the segment that Rachel Maddow did on this.

The judgement was given by the judge after seeing and considering the evidence.

Michael Cohen: Judge says DOJ sent ex-Trump attorney back to prison as retaliation
During home confinement, Cohen tweeted that he was finishing the book. Shortly after, probation officers set forth conditions barring him from speaking publicly, including publishing a book, his attorneys argued in court records.

After he was sent back to prison, Cohen sued Attorney General William Barr and prison officials, accusing them of retaliating against him after he revealed his intention to write an unflattering book about the president.

Judge finds Michael Cohen’s return to prison ‘retaliatory,’ orders his release
A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of Michael Cohen to home confinement, agreeing with his lawyers that he was wrongly sent back to prison after making public statements critical of President Donald Trump.

"I've never seen such a clause in 21 years of being a judge and sentencing people," U.S. District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein said. "How can I take any other inference but that it was retaliatory?"

• Informative
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's pretty clear that you didn't read the articles that I posted links to, nor watched the segment that Rachel Maddow did on this.

The judgement was given by the judge after seeing and considering the evidence.

Michael Cohen: Judge says DOJ sent ex-Trump attorney back to prison as retaliation
During home confinement, Cohen tweeted that he was finishing the book. Shortly after, probation officers set forth conditions barring him from speaking publicly, including publishing a book, his attorneys argued in court records.

After he was sent back to prison, Cohen sued Attorney General William Barr and prison officials, accusing them of retaliating against him after he revealed his intention to write an unflattering book about the president.

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of Michael Cohen to home confinement, agreeing with his lawyers that he was wrongly sent back to prison after making public statements critical of President Donald Trump.

"I've never seen such a clause in 21 years of being a judge and sentencing people," U.S. District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein said. "How can I take any other inference but that it was retaliatory?"
I hate to give you bad news but there is no crime in this, there might be a difference of opinion on what his initial agreement was for being released and the judge has ruled on this, but there is no crime.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I hate to give you bad news but there is no crime in this, there might be a difference of opinion on what his initial agreement was for being released and the judge has ruled on this, but there is no crime.
Do you not find it corrupt?

To lock up a person because they are publishing a tell all book on the president?
A book with no confidential information.

Is that the USA that you want to have? An Attorney General who actively seeks to do the president's bidding and seeks to lock up people for exercising their first amendment rights, and seeks to get confessed criminals such as Michael Flynn not charged with the crimes they admitted to because he protected Trump and didn't give investigators information that he had.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you not find it corrupt?

To lock up a person because they are publishing a tell all book on the president?
A book with no confidential information.

Is that the USA that you want to have? An Attorney General who actively seeks to do the president's bidding and seeks to lock up people for exercising their first amendment rights, and seeks to get confessed criminals such as Michael Flynn not charged with the crimes they admitted to because he protected Trump and didn't give investigators information that he had.
I do not believe everything that the liberal press puts out there for people to read, I saw the three years worth of lies about Russia and Trump and all the evidence that they said was there and then when the time came to show their cards they had nothing. When the results of the two senate investigations and he Durham investigation are published, the truth of who is corrupt will be obvious. At least Barr does not claim to be the presidents wing man.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I do not believe everything that the liberal press puts out there for people to read
I presume then for you there is only liberal press or right wing press, nothing in between and so you only watch right wing media.

I saw the three years worth of lies about Russia and Trump and all the evidence that they said was there
Crossfire Hurricane was started by the USA intelligence agencies, in particular the FBI. Once Comey was fired by the President then the Republican Rossenstien instigated a Special Council to continue the investigation and to also investigate obstruction. The media was merely reporting on the ongoing investigation.

This is all beside the point though.

The topic of conversation here is with regards to Cohan being put in prison to silence him from potentially damaging the president in a tell all book.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I presume then for you there is only liberal press or right wing press, nothing in between and so you only watch right wing media.

Crossfire Hurricane was started by the USA intelligence agencies, in particular the FBI. Once Comey was fired by the President then the Republican Rossenstien instigated a Special Council to continue the investigation and to also investigate obstruction. The media was merely reporting on the ongoing investigation.

This is all beside the point though.

The topic of conversation here is with regards to Cohan being put in prison to silence him from potentially damaging the president in a tell all book.
Well in that case you are well off topic, by the way presumption is much the same as assume. I will allow Mr Durham to correct your understanding of Crossfire Hurricane

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
disciple Clint if the above is true, would you be at all concerned?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not believe everything that the liberal press puts out there for people to read,

Yet you believe a right-wing op-ed writer who tells you that San Francisco is the "West Baltimore" of the west coast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
disciple Clint if the above is true, would you be at all concerned?
If you knew the other side of this issue would you still be concerned. I have always believed that there are two sides to every story and the truth is usually found somewhere between the two sides. So far we have seen only one side, making a judgement at this point would be foolish.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet you believe a right-wing op-ed writer who tells you that San Francisco is the "West Baltimore" of the west coast.
How do you know what I believe, you should be cautious when you assume.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you know what I believe, you should be cautious when you assume.

Because we've already had this discussion:
What do you think of the Dark Horse Duo plan?

You don't trust the "liberal press", but you apparently trust right-wing opinion writers who just outright lie to you as well as fluff pieces that read like marketing bio's extolling the virtues of your preferred public figures.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you knew the other side of this issue would you still be concerned. I have always believed that there are two sides to every story and the truth is usually found somewhere between the two sides. So far we have seen only one side, making a judgement at this point would be foolish.
Was the judge foolish, in making a judgement after having heard both sides of the story and after having seen the evidence?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you knew the other side of this issue would you still be concerned.
If it turned out that the judge was wrong and that Cohen was sent back to prison for refusing to wear an ankle bracelet then that would be fine, I wouldn't be concerned.

But clearly as the Judge has been quoted with their own words, the conditions of the parole had included provisions for Cohen to give up his first amendment rights and as the Judge said this was a highly unusual demand.
So, based on the judges actual words, I am concerned.

How about you? Are you going to answer my question?
Would you be concerned if you learned that the attorney general had someone locked up for "threatening" to release a tell all book on the president?

Upvote 0