• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump's approval rating hitting a high -- good handling of Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    ...sorry, I think we've already been living through that particular time since Jan. 20, 2017. :wave:

well...about an hour ago this was posted in the Times:
    Biden unveils plan to 'safely reopen' US: 'We cannot repeat' Trump administration mistakes
    and according to this:
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...mocratic-nominee-trump-2020-polls-swing-state
    he seems to be doing pretty good. So...:wave:
    tulc(might suggest checking up on the goats, Biden might be campaigning out there, looking to win the all important goat vote) :goat::goat::goat:

2. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,994
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Uh, no - I was reiterating your exact language. But I like this one better.

If the President wins both popular vote and College - you show a signature I write for you for a month.

If the President loses both popular vote and College - I show a signature you write for me for three months.

That plain enough?

3. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+10,691
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Since we got Obama out and Trump in the goats have been eating pretty darn high on the hog.
    I doubt they are looking for Change.

We remember that famous line -- Change.
    How about spare change.
    Very spare.

M-Bob

4. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    sounds good to me! Except I'd prefer you only do it for a month rather than three. :)
    tulc(thinks we'll see in Nov.) :wave:

5. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,994
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    done and done.

anyone else want to jump in.

6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,994
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    He took it. How about you?

7. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,994
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  8. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    M-Bob asked where he was, I posted a link to an op-ed of his that just came out today in the Times, and posted a link that shows he's more popular in the polls then President Trump. No one said anything about "position of authority". :wave:
    tulc(just thought those things should be pointed out)

9. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+7,030
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Turns out, neither does Trump. He only thinks that he can command governors.

But most states are doing the things Biden advocates as far as states can do things. There's moral authority, which is what Biden has. And Trump doesn't even know it exists.

Trump stopped telling us that it was going to away "like a miracle" this month, but he's still trying to catchup with Biden.

10. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,994
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    are you joining in on the bet?

11. The Barbarian

+7,030
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    It's not a bet. Trump claims the authority to determine how we'll go back to normal, but the governors are now acting many of the elements in Biden's plan:

Governor Carney and Five Governors Announce Multi-State Council to Get People Back to Work and Restore the Economy
    Governor Carney and Five Governors Announce Multi-State Council to Get People Back to Work and Restore the Economy - State of Delaware News

There's no one at the helm in Washington, so the states are taking control from Trump. He's lost the leadership position, and it doesn't look as though he'll get it back, now.

Gov. Wolf partners with Governors of surrounding states on council to 'get people back to work and restore the economy'

The move was announced on a conference call today and further explained by Gov. Wolf in his address to the Commonwealth.

Gov. Wolf partners with Governors of surrounding states on council to 'get people back to work and restore the economy'

Trump dropped the ball too many times, and is now irrelevant to the discussion. The states are taking action to handle it themselves.

12. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,994
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’ll take that as a no

kinda figured

13. The Barbarian

+7,030
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    And now, the States of California, Oregon, and Washington have set up their own plans for returning to normal. Even republican governors like Sununu of New Hampshire are unwilling to trust Trump to make the right decision. His repeated failures to this point has cost him any credibility he might have had at one time.

And polls continue to verify that.

In the most recent poll, Rasmussen a very republican-friendly pollster, now has Trump at -13 points. Reuters has the same results:
    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

And there's the Trump effect from the COVID-19 fiasco:

In upset for Republicans, liberal ousts Trump-backed judge for Wisconsin Supreme Court seat
    (Reuters) - Liberal challenger Jill Karofsky won a hotly contested race for the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Monday, beating a conservative incumbent in state elections marred by court challenges and worries about health risks from the coronavirus pandemic.

Karofsky upset Dan Kelly, who was endorsed by Republican President Donald Trump, for a 10-year court term that could help decide future voting rights and redistricting issues in Wisconsin, a vital general election battleground.

The Supreme Court race highlighted a slate of thousands of elections held last week for state and local offices, as well as a presidential primary. The release of the results was delayed by court order until Monday, the deadline for receiving absentee ballots.
    In upset for Republicans, liberal ousts Trump-backed judge for Wisconsin Supreme Court seat

This is huge because next year is redistricting, and with a democrat governor and Attorney General, and the Wisconsin senate lacking a supermajority of republicans, there will be much less Gerrymandering next time around.

Which means that republicans, already a minority among voters in the state, are headed for trouble. And one more liberal on the court means it's much less likely that a deadlock will be decided in favor of rigging elections by Gerrymandering.

14. Mountainmanbob

+10,691
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
  15. Need answers

Need answers Well-Known Member

+716
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That happened 2000 years ago. I think we are aware.

16. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    He arose and, as far as I can see, He did so...WITHOUT ANY COFFEE!! :eek:
    tulc(there's a miracle no one ever talks about) :wave:

17. Need answers

Need answers Well-Known Member

+716
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Maybe we should quit coffee then.

18. Mountainmanbob

+10,691
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Too much coffee makes them forget at times.

12 Step Coffee Anonymous Meeting
    4pm today.

M-Bob

19. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    hmmm...I understood the word "quit" and I understood the word "coffee" in that sentence, but when they're put in that order? It just doesn't seem to make any sense. :scratch:
    tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

20. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    ...got a link for that?
    tulc(is just wondering)