Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Suprisingly, Trump's approval overall hasn't changed much. The thing that worries him, is he's slowly losing ground to Biden in the polls, most notably in the upper Midwest.

Really? How do you know this.

Questioning because it was stated like it was established fact.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From the OP

Gallup analyst Jeffrey M. Jones likened the jump in approval to those past presidents have received during times of crisis.

“Historically, presidential job approval has increased when the nation is under threat. Every president from Franklin Roosevelt through George W. Bush saw their approval rating surge at least 10 points after a significant national event of this kind. Bush's 35-point increase after 9/11 is the most notable rally effect on record,” Jones wrote.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I'm glad someone is happy....

I have to say I'm disappointed :( but like someone mentioned we arent like New York so I may get happier if we get a major outbreak... until then, not happy with extremism. I personally prefer death to a loss of all my freedom.

I really, really never wanted to live to see this day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Dr. Anthony Fauci, governors top new poll on coronavirus response
April 8, 2020

Dr. Anthony Fauci got the highest approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus response while governors came in second, President Trump third and Congress dead last a new poll said Wednesday.

Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the top doctor on the administration’s Coronavirus Task Force, won the approval of 78 percent of Americans while just 7 percent disapproved, the Quinnipiac national survey showed.

“Your state’s governor,” a generic term included in the survey, got a 74 percent approval rating with 17 percent disapproving.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has won plaudits for his handling of the coverage and sober daily briefings, fell a bit below that average, with 59 percent approving and 17 percent disapproving.

Both Trump and Congress were below 50 percent, with 46 percent approving of the president’s handling of the spreading pandemic and 51 percent disapproving, and 44 percent approving of Congress’ performance and 46 percent disapproving.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/dr-anthony-fauci-governors-top-new-poll-on-coronavirus-response/
**************************************************************************************************************
Dr. Anthony Fauci - 78% approval

Your state governor (generic term) - 74% approval

Gov. Andrew Cuomo - 58% approval

President Trump - 46% approval

Congress - 44% approval

Its the state governors, not the President, who have been the recipients pf this public support - despite Trump's attempt to shift the responsibility for combating COVID-19 onto them!'

As examples of Trump's denials and mismanagement continue to be made public over time, the federal response is being viewed as a "lost cause" and people have turned to their governors and state governments for solutions!

It should come as small comfort to the White House that the only group that polled below the President was Congress - in political terms, this President's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic could have punching his ticket for a 2nd term but once again his narcissistic, personal demons have been his nemesis!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just as an aside:

The Presidents approval rating is 20 points higher that Congress -

And 5.9 points below Biden in the RCP average of polls. 43.0 to 48.9.

Worse, he's behind in swing states he has to win.

Trump, GOP get the 2020 match-up they clearly did not want
Republicans weren't just afraid of Joe Biden, they even took steps to derail him. The result is a 2020 match-up Trump and his party hoped to avoid.
Trump, GOP get the 2020 match-up they clearly did not want

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Im hoping for just a new Congress. That would be a great Christmas present.

Might be so...

Mitch McConnell Is Running Scared

The majority leader has sent some signals that the GOP—and his own position—might be in jeopardy this year.
For a couple of years now, Mitch McConnell has been acting like a majority leader who knows that his Republican Party is in decline. Other than passing tax cuts that primarily benefit the wealthy and large corporations, he hasn’t been interested in doing anything except confirming Trump’s judicial nominees. As I noted previously, that is because he is aware that his party will soon be out of power, but the extremist judges he’s confirming will be able to “legislate from the bench.”

Lately, McConnell has sent some signals that the Republican Party—and possibly his own position—might be in jeopardy this year. The first signal has to do with his ongoing attempts to stack the courts with extremist judges. Not content to have confirmed two Supreme Court justices and 191 other federal judges, McConnell has been trying to force additional openings.
But McConnell has also demonstrated that he fears the prospect of facing an opponent like Amy McGrath in his bid for re-election. Instead of having the Senate vote on the package passed by the House to support American families during the coronavirus crisis, McConnell went home to Kentucky for a long weekend. Perhaps he got an idea of what’s up with his constituency because this is what was reported by the Lexington Herald-Leader on Monday.

U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s campaign called on a potential Democratic opponent — former Marine Corps pilot Amy McGrath — to stop running political advertisements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mitch McConnell Is Running Scared | Washington Monthly

Another sign that Congress sees trouble ahead...

The battle for control of Congress is less than a year away and some House lawmakers are already deciding not to run for reelection, setting up a few potentially interesting campaigns in the 2020 election.
Along with 23 Republicans, six Democrats are retiring. Five Republicans and three Democrats are leaving to seek different offices, such as campaigning for a Senate seat or running for governor in their states.
Here are the lawmakers who are not seeking reelection to Congress in 2020 - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im hoping for just a new Congress. That would be a great Christmas present.
You mean the Democrats take control of the Senate as well as gain a supermajority in the House as well as getting a new President? That would be sweet! :clap:
tulc(thinks that does sound pretty cool!)

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump's approval rating hitting a high -- good handling of Coronavirus

This President's response to the COVID-19 pandemic could have been his "lifeline" to a second term in the White House but so far it has been a disaster of epic proportions!

All that remains is the dispersal of the congressional rescue packages and the timing for the the opening of the economy, and if past performance is any indicator of future successes, there is no reason to believe that this President's track record should improve!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean the Democrats take control of the Senate as well as gain a supermajority in the House as well as getting a new President? That would be sweet! :clap:
tulc(thinks that does sound pretty cool!)

wanna make a fun bet, just for giggles?...

If Trump looses, I will let you give me my signature that I will keep for six months.

If Trump wins, you have to use the signature I give you for six months.

I’m willing to agree, are you?

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If Trump looses, I will let you give me my signature that I will keep for six months.

Please, I've been a Democrat for way to long to not be prepared for them to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory to make that bet. But I will agree to this one: If President Trump gets millions more popular votes then who ever he runs against but loses in the Electoral college I'll do the signature thing for a month, how about that one instead? :wave:
tulc(thinks that one would be worth a giggle or two) :ahah:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Please, I've been a Democrat for way to long to not be prepared for them to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory to make that bet. But I will agree to this one: If President Trump gets millions more popular votes then who ever he runs against but loses in the Electoral college I'll do the signature thing for a month, how about that one instead? :wave:
tulc(thinks that one would be worth a giggle or two)

I don't think he's going to take that one, tulc.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tulc(thinks that one would be worth a giggle or two) :ahah:

DONE and done - If President Trump WINS millions more popular votes, but LOSES in the electoral college I will use your signature wording for a month (30 days).

However, if President does NOT win millions more popular votes and does NOT lose in the electoral college, you will use my signature wording for a month.

I'll even give you odds on it. If you win, I'll use your signature for four months - if you lose, you use mine for one.

Is that agreeable? Bookmarking for reference.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we'd get a new President AND a new Congress? Sounds like Christmas would be coming a little earlier this year! :clap:
tulc(good news indeed!) :oldthumbsup:

Or the biggest disaster of our lifetime?
Where is Biden?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DONE and done - If President Trump WINS millions more popular votes, but LOSES in the electoral college I will use your signature wording for a month (30 days).
okay...

However, if President does NOT win millions more popular votes and does NOT lose in the electoral college, you will use my signature wording for a month. (snip)
Nice try, but that's not the bet. I do however, like your attempt to "Republican" your way into something. How about this instead: if he wins the popular vote and wins the college I'll do a month then? :)
tulc(thinks that sounds fair) :wave:

Upvote 0