Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not to my knowledge.

Mine either.

They all focused too much on the national polls, which are virtually meaningless in presidential elections. The election always comes down to 5-6 states and all the clues, flew over their heads.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Mine either.

They all focused too much on the national polls, which are virtually meaningless in presidential elections. The election always comes down to 5-6 states and all the clues, flew over their heads.
Although a number of battleground state polls were conducted prior to election day, many of those polls displayed even more bias than the national polls.

Since the news organizations touting the polls were more interested in helping to drive the election's outcome is it really any wonder that no one got it right? After all, the phenomenon where a sizable portion of the electorate is openly hostile toward the national press is so new that the press hasn't learned how to deal with it yet (... not that they ever will).

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

This is the president’s highest job approval rating since mid-June of last year. President Obama earned 45% approval on this date in the second year of his presidency.
I haven't trusted polls for some time, but this is remarkable, considering the current cultural context.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It bears noting that Trump's current average approval is at the lowest approval rating that Obama ever hit. On Obama's worst day, it his approval matched Trump's average. And Obama was not a very popular president.

Eisenhower and JFK's lowest scores were above Trump's highest. Trump has solidified his station in the bottom 5 presidents. It will be a tall order to beat out the likes of Pierce, Buchanan or Andrew Johnson, but Trump looks like he's gonna try his hardest.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, big drop from the one true poll : Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove.

The president’s overall job approval ratings have been trending down at week’s end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums