Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What can y’all tell me about trump and his presidency..how are my American neighbours ? (I am Canadian).

is there really a big significance of him being president ? I do not know

There's a big significance in that he has taken on issues that everyone seemingly has just shrugged off for decades. China trade imbalance and intellectual property rights, unequal trade agreements with Europe, unfair enforcement of the NATO charter, among other things. And all of the nations involved have so far agreed to his terms.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about the whole impeachment.. I think I heard someone say that he could be assassinated because of what he’s doing for America?
Political parties have become very polarized in the USA.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi holyjoe,

Well, for my take on all of this...

Donald Trump is just not a nice person. He never has been able to work well with others. He lives in a make believe world of his own imagination most of the time. He is a consummate braggart and bore.

However, as relates to his political acumen, I don't find that he's particularly better, or even as good as, any previous president. Despite his self-proclaimed brag that he's the best, the greatest, the one and only who can do anything right, that's just all a part of his braggadocio persona.

Case in point. He is trying to convince all of us that only he can get us the best, the greatest trade agreements. His trade agreement between Mexico, Canada and the U.S., isn't really any big deal. It really doesn't change much of anything as far as some great benefit to the U.S. It requires that Mexico pay Mexican workers more money to bring them closer to American wages. I'm not sure how that's going to make the U.S. any better off than it is now, because the new wage scale is still less than U.S. workers are paid. So more auto production coming to the U.S. isn't really expected.

The agreement also requires a larger percentage of automobiles be made in North America. So, if Mexican workers are still paid less than American workers and a greater percentage of a vehicle's parts and manufacture must come from North American workers...whose going to get more work? Mexico, Canada or the U.S.?

There is also a requirement that Mexican production facilities allow U.S. inspectors access to all records to confirm that the other requirements are being met. Guess what? Right now, Mexico says they're not going to ratify the agreement with that caveat in place.

So, it would seem that his abilities to hammer out greater than ever, better than anyone else could ever do, trade agreements, is more braggadocio than fact. I think most people can see that he's fairly impotent in this also with the ongoing China trade dispute. He says China's going to buy $40B worth of soybeans. China says, sure they'll buy $40B worth of soybeans as long as the price is right. So, I'm not so convinced that this is necessarily a settled deal...yet.

Case in point. He spent some time just after taking over as president, going to the middle east for some meetings. He came back telling us that he had gotten contracts for some several millions of dollars worth of arms and goods to be sold in the middle east. That just didn't happen and he did not bring back any signed contracts to that affect. Again, more of Donald Trump's braggadocio and smoke and mirrors to try and get us to believe that he's really this 'art of the deal' super negotiator.

This is the man who campaigned on how easy trade agreements were going to be. How easy getting rid of the current ACA was going to be. The people have even given up on trying to get him to fulfill that campaign promise. It's been years since anyone has even raised the question of a new healthcare plan. Right now, nearly 3 years into his administration, if you ask a single Republican legislator or the WH to outline their new and better healthcare plan, the best you'll get is, "I'll get back to you on that".

I honestly don't understand when I hear people say that he's finally getting done what this country has needed for a long time. The only thing that I can see getting done is that we've ticked off most of our allies at one point or another over his need to be hailed as the great king of America. Our own political processes are in turmoil. He has appointed what many believe to be 'conservative' judges, but that doesn't seem to have really made any great difference in how cases are being decided. He spends hours a day tweeting his disgusting name calling and denigrating of even the smallest and least important people. I just can't imagine what kind of person you have to be to attack some young girl who was named person of the year over you. It's simply beyond his abilities to be gracious enough to just say, "Congratulations on your achievement of being named person of the year."

So, I listen to all sides, but I've known about Donald Trump long before he ever threw his hat into the political ring. He has never been a nice person and he is always out to cheat his way to the top. Whether it's operating an eponymous charitable organization as if it were your own little tax free purse, or bilking people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars pretending to offer some higher education that's pretty much just a reading of one of his books. As a person and a business, he's been a named party to more civil lawsuits than any other single person in the nation. Somehow that says something to me about the kind of person that he is. I know that God doesn't approve of believers dragging one another into courts, but I understand that's God's instructions for His children, but still, more civil lawsuits than any other person in the country! That's saying something to me.

Finally, I really don't understand why anyone would spend so much time, effort and money to keep tax returns hidden that are just pretty regular tax documents. Why anyone would threaten a school about releasing their academic records? For me, knowing how shifty and dishonest he is about everything else, I just can't imagine that doesn't also carry over to these issues.

BTW, someone mentioned that he's bring jobs back to the U.S. I'd just encourage that you Google that claim. Our employment is very high, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence that this is because jobs are coming back to the U.S. through some effort of President Trump.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What about the whole impeachment.. I think I heard someone say that he could be assassinated because of what he’s doing for America?

They are impeaching him because he got us out of globalist policies...

the globalists have spent my entire life entrenching themselves into key positions in both educational fields as well government positions in order to take this country into a worldwide global empire..

he's fighting money and power from day one. They promised to impeach before he was ever sworn in - they are just working to fulfill that now..

And the fight continues.. let's see who wins..

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What can y’all tell me about trump and his presidency..how are my American neighbours ? (I am Canadian).

is there really a big significance of him being president ? I do not know

First, I just visited Canada this fall and it was beautiful. We drove along the route just north of Lake Erie to Hamilton and then on to Niagara Falls. We plan to visit parts of western Canada next year.
On to Trump: :)
His administration has been the most corrupt in US history.

Donald Trump disgraces presidential legacies of Washington and Lincoln

Opinion | Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s

Tracking Corruption and Conflicts in the Trump Administration

• Informative
Reactions: t4inted-
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi holyjoe,

Well, for my take on all of this...

Donald Trump is just not a nice person.

You said a lot more but let's stop you right there....Americans didn't vote for him thinking he was a super great nice person. They voted for someone who could get something done. Also people were tired of voting people who yes can show much diplomacy in speech and be "nice" but really they crush you into the dust with high taxation and allow their jobs to be taken away. Sorry Miamited but you need to consider there's different ways that qualify for people NOT BEING nice. I like smooth speech as well as the next person but that's not necessarily a sign that someone is NICE. In fact it can be the greatest deception of all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said a lot more but let's stop you right there....Americans didn't vote for him thinking he was a super great nice person. They voted for someone who could get something done. Also people were tired of voting people who yes can show much diplomacy in speech and be "nice" but really they crush you into the dust with high taxation and allow their jobs to be taken away. Sorry Miamited but you need to consider there's different ways that qualify for people NOT BEING nice. I like smooth speech as well as the next person but that's not necessarily a sign that someone is NICE. In fact it can be the greatest deception of all.

Hi bobber,

My post is my reflection on what President Trump has meant as the leader of our nation. According to the polls, just less than half the nation aren't expected to be in agreement with my understanding. Obviously, you and I represent that divide. In Paul's letter to the Romans he expounds on a list of behaviors that we can expect to see grow stronger in people and then closes out that list with these words, "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them." So, I understand that when it gets to our seeing wickedness abound, there are also going to be a lot of folks who approve of that wickedness.

However, putting aside this issue of his ability to be decent and respectful in his communicating with others, I don't agree that he has accomplished much. He did lower corporate taxes, but I have to wonder down the road at what cost. Right now we're enjoying a booming economy that we have enjoyed for the last 9 years. However, our national debt is growing by great leaps and bounds.

In 2016 one of candidate Trump's campaign points was that he was going to eliminate the national debt within 8 years. He's currently upped it by $3T. How was he at getting that done? He apparently doesn't even realize that it would be impossible, at current tax revenue rates, to eliminate such a pile of debt in such a short period of time without completely stopping the nation from spending any money on current expenses. Right now we take in about $3.3T/year in tax revenues. Our debt is $22T. Yes, we could pay off the $22T in 8 years if we didn't spend a dime of our current entire tax revenues in running the country. We could just close up all Washington offices except for the IRS to collect the tax revenues.

In 2016 he bragged loudly and proudly how quickly and easily he was going to be able to repeal the current ACA and put in place a much better and less expensive health insurance plan. He has made some feeble attempts to repeal the current plan, but there has yet, since the day he threw his hat in the ring, been any better and less expensive replacement plan shown. He, nor any of his faithful Republican lawmakers have yet to offer up even a scintilla of a plan to replace the current ACA. Let alone that it might be better and less expensive. So far his only plan has just been to get rid of the ACA. No more credits for the lower income to be able to afford health insurance. No more provision that everyone needs to carry health insurance so that the costs of the expensive sick can be off set by the revenue of the reasonably healthy. Bring back the turning away of millions with pre-existing conditions.

I don't want to make this post overly long, but those are just two of the major issues for which he made campaign promises that just aren't happening. We can throw in his record on his easy-peazy trade agreements. The new North American agreement doesn't really seem to be better for the U.S. Most of the provisions, such as higher wages for auto workers in Mexico, seem to benefit the other players more than us. Now, I don't think that's all bad, but neither do I think that such a new trade agreement is really saying much over the previous trade agreement for which he has often and regularly complained has allowed other nations to 'eat our lunch'.

Finally, I think that anyone would be quite blind to not see the effect that his administration has had on our international relations. I've never been an isolationist person. Even before I came to know the Lord I wasn't particularly isolationist in my understanding that America was this greater than every other nation, nation. That the American people were better than all those other people that live their lives around the world, hasn't ever been my understanding. Since trusting in Jesus I have come to fully understand that mothers and fathers in other nations feel the same way about their families and livelihoods as I do. They want to raise their children in safety and security as much as I do. That we live in a world of people, all of whom were created in the image of the same God that I was created in and that all deserve as much love and respect for who they are as I do.

Even many of his supporters, especially in the beginning of his administration, complained about his nature. That his tweeting out derogatory and defaming insults at people needed to be contained. However, as is normal with people, it has now gone on for so long that it is now being accepted as normal. We don't hear the hue and cry over his meanness, that even his supporters once raised. Look at Sen. Graham. I can't think of any better example of how people have turned another face of themselves out, because of the influence of Donald Trump. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a man who was quite rebuking of Donald Trump during his campaigning, and now sits as his lap dog next to his feet.

So, I fully appreciate and respect that your vision and understanding of our national political situation isn't the same. But, I'm not willing to throw in my approval of such horrendous actions committed by the leader of the nation that I'm a part of. Trying to convince myself, despite pretty obvious evidence otherwise, that he is doing some great work for the nation that no one else has ever done before.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: jshucsd
Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lowest unemployment rate in 50 years!

By the way what's it in Canada? lol

Sorry I don't mean to make a joke out it either.

I don’t know too much about politics in Canada but I know that our prime minister justin Trudeau got re elected and a lot of people are mad because of what he’s doing to our country...

There’s also this movement going on in some of the provinces here and one of the slogans for the province of Alberta is “ make Alberta great again “

The Group is called WEXIT if you want to look it up..

yea not many people like Justin Trudeau that I know..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can’t remember.. but it was about the rebuilding of the third temple?

As Cyrus built the temple in the OT.. so trumps like a parallel of him?
Yeah there are those elements out there thinking that. You will find them in the 'houses of eisegesis' aka "we can read anything we want into the Bible" crowd.

Not buying it. The press here loves to pass on these stories for some reason. Pastors are not preaching this in the pulpit and you will find all references on the internet. And we all know we can trust everything on the internet. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: t4inted-
Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah there are those elements out there thinking that. You will find them in the 'houses of eisegesis' aka "we can read anything we want into the Bible" crowd.

Not buying it. The press here loves to pass on these stories for some reason. Pastors are not preaching this in the pulpit and you will find all references on the internet. And we all know we can trust everything on the internet. ;)

“mainstream bible news” ? lol

There is a lot of deception out there so it’s hard to believe some of the things out there.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0