Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, we've got to move away from fossil fuels, for a variety of reasons. There are a number of different alternatives. The time period of switching is going to be a costly investment, but once it's done, we'll be set.

Health care is a mess. Obama care doesn't do what it was supposed to, and more and more insurance companies are opting out. But the Republican ideas are just going back to the old unacceptable ways. We need socialized medicine. We are the laughing stock of Western democracies.
We don't need socialized medicine. When the Government pays for every aspect of medicine, they also tell us, what, when, where, who, how, and what time. We can't trust the Government with that kind of control.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
We don't need socialized medicine. When the Government pays for every aspect of medicine, they also tell us, what, when, where, who, how, and what time. We can't trust the Government with that kind of control.
No they don't.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not a lefty. I don't fit into the left or right boxes. I'm a Christian Democrat, a member of the American Solidarity Party. That means I have conservative moral values such as being pro-life, man-woman marriage, etc, and liberal social policies, such as care of the poor and the environment.

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a lefty. I don't fit into the left or right boxes. I'm a Christian Democrat, a member of the American Solidarity Party. That means I have conservative moral values such as being pro-life, man-woman marriage, etc, and liberal social policies, such as care of the poor and the environment.
What ever happened to the Conservative Democrat's? It seems that liberals have taken over the party.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What ever happened to the Conservative Democrat's? It seems that liberals have taken over the party.
We haven't gone anywhere, we are just kind of liberal in our views.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Then why would followers of Yeshua be liberal?
It's not true now, but when I grew up, liberal churches were the only ones that cared enough to help the poor and oppressed. Evangelical churches thought the solution to everything was to preach the gospel. Homeless? Here's the gospel message. On drugs? Here's the gospel. Your husband beats you? Here's the gospel. Starving in Africa? Here's the gospel. People treat you like dirt because you are black? Here's the gospel. It was ridiculous. They were those who cried "Lord Lord" but didn't do unto the least of these." Liberals were those who joined what James labeled, "True religion."

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I would be there except I take those to be individual
mandates, not for the state. The state is amoral by necessity.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It's not true now, but when I grew up, liberal churches were the only ones that cared enough to help the poor and oppressed. Evangelical churches thought the solution to everything was to preach the gospel. Homeless? Here's the gospel message. On drugs? Here's the gospel. Your husband beats you? Here's the gospel. Starving in Africa? Here's the gospel. People treat you like dirt because you are black? Here's the gospel. It was ridiculous. They were those who cried "Lord Lord" but didn't do unto the least of these." Liberals were those who joined what James labeled, "True religion."
Is Salvation Army liberal?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Is Salvation Army liberal?
The Salvation Army was marvelous -- the exception that proves the rule.

But what was TYPICAL of evangelicals and fundamentalists was what my uncle did, who ran a downtown mission. Sure he served a soup kitchen, BUT you had to attend a church service to get the food. IOW, the food was simply a manipulation device to get you to hear the gospel.

Upvote 0