Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
New details, including alleged ‘dress rehearsal’ for moving sensitive papers, show a focus on Donald Trump’s instructions and intent
  • "Two of Donald Trump’s employees moved boxes of papers the day before FBI agents and a prosecutor visited the former president’s Florida home to retrieve classified documents in response to a subpoena — timing that investigators have come to view as suspicious and an indication of possible obstruction, according to people familiar with the matter.
  • Trump and his aides also allegedly carried out a “dress rehearsal” for moving sensitive papers even before his office received the May 2022 subpoena, according to the people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a sensitive ongoing investigation. Prosecutors also have gathered evidence that even before Trump’s office received the subpoena in May, he had what some officials have dubbed a “dress rehearsal” for moving government documents that he did not want to relinquish, people familiar with the investigation said.
  • Prosecutors separately have been told by more than one witness that Trump at times kept classified documents out in the open in his Florida office, where others could see them, people familiar with the matter said, and sometimes showed them to people, including aides and visitors."
WaPo

There is no way Trump skates out of a indictment come the Mar A Largo docs, and there is really no defense from what I see that would keep him from being found guilty of knowingly and blatantly obstructing justice.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,281.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm at a loss as to why he'd want the documents in the first place. I really can't be convinced that there was some way he thought he could share sensitive information with anyone. Was it just ego? I'm the pres, I can do what I want. I'll take them because I can. Like some weird memento.

I know Pence and Biden had some that they shouldn't, but I can see that as, probably wrongly, 'taking work home'.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
New details, including alleged ‘dress rehearsal’ for moving sensitive papers, show a focus on Donald Trump’s instructions and intent
  • "Two of Donald Trump’s employees moved boxes of papers the day before FBI agents and a prosecutor visited the former president’s Florida home to retrieve classified documents in response to a subpoena — timing that investigators have come to view as suspicious and an indication of possible obstruction, according to people familiar with the matter.
  • Trump and his aides also allegedly carried out a “dress rehearsal” for moving sensitive papers even before his office received the May 2022 subpoena, according to the people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a sensitive ongoing investigation. Prosecutors also have gathered evidence that even before Trump’s office received the subpoena in May, he had what some officials have dubbed a “dress rehearsal” for moving government documents that he did not want to relinquish, people familiar with the investigation said.
  • Prosecutors separately have been told by more than one witness that Trump at times kept classified documents out in the open in his Florida office, where others could see them, people familiar with the matter said, and sometimes showed them to people, including aides and visitors."
WaPo

There is no way Trump skates out of a indictment come the Mar A Largo docs, and there is really no defense from what I see that would keep him from being found guilty of knowingly and blatantly obstructing justice.
How many of those documents were subject to this declassification memo:

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Are you laboring under the notion that all of the documents that NARA sought from the former President were classified?

NARA is a separate matter. You should be asking what NARA was looking for. I know what it was and I don't care about it. But the thing no one is talking about is that Trump declassified all the documents related to Crossfire Hurricane. The declassification was legal and done appropriately. And no one is saying exactly what the documents at Mar a Lago were. As far as I'm concerned they were all related to Crossfire Hurricane and were all declassified. Trump kept copies of them in case the originals got "disappeared" somehow.

• Winner
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
NARA is a separate matter. You should be asking what NARA was looking for. I know what it was and I don't care about it. But the thing no one is talking about is that Trump declassified all the documents related to Crossfire Hurricane. The declassification was legal and done appropriately. And no one is saying exactly what the documents at Mar a Lago were. As far as I'm concerned they were all related to Crossfire Hurricane and were all declassified. Trump kept copies of them in case the originals got "disappeared" somehow.
President Trump declassified all of the Crossfire Hurricane documents? How nice for him.
Did Durham note any “missing documents” in his report?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
President Trump declassified all of the Crossfire Hurricane documents? How nice for him.
Did Durham note any “missing documents” in his report?

No documents are missing.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Well since the once appointed Special Master directly demanded an answer of Trump declassification come the Mar A Largo docs, and got zero response from his lawyers since making false claims can lead to attorney sanctions, I will take zero for $100 Alex.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
A document describing a foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was found by FBI agents who searched former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and private club last month, according to people familiar with the matter, underscoring concerns among U.S. intelligence officials about classified material stashed in the Florida property.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I would be willing to bet that Trump and his attorneys do not agree with your observations or with the implied intent assumed in the article quoted.
Which attorneys? The one's who lost attorney client privileges given the crime fraud exception, those who are now witnesses, or the ones who constantly quit?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A document describing a foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was found by FBI agents who searched former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and private club last month, according to people familiar with the matter, underscoring concerns among U.S. intelligence officials about classified material stashed in the Florida property.

"According to people familiar with the matter" Trump colluded with Russia, sold the nuclear football to China, rode naked on a unicorn down Pennsylvania avenue at midnight, and painted a mustache on the Face of Mars. Anonymous sources no longer carry any weight whatsoever.

Now, until someone can answer the question of what documents did Trump have and which documents were subject to his declassification memo, as far as I am concerned there is no evidence that he had any classified documents at all.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well since the once appointed Special Master directly demanded an answer of Trump declassification come the Mar A Largo docs, and got zero response from his lawyers since making false claims can lead to attorney sanctions, I will take zero for $100 Alex.
In this nation failure to answer a question is not to be assumed to be an admission of some vague assertion of guilt.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which attorneys? The one's who lost attorney client privileges given the crime fraud exception, those who are now witnesses, or the ones who constantly quit?
more wild accusations without basis in fact.

• Agree
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

None of them, and I can't believe 9 months in we're still having the declassification discussion. Donald most likely will be facing charges for his handling of classified docs, but the warrant to search MAL was initiated by NARA with 3 sections of the USC regarding the handling of documents.
NARA is a separate matter. You should be asking what NARA was looking for.
Missing documents per the Presidential Records Act. We've known that for 10 months.
I know what it was and I don't care about it.
:scratch:
But the thing no one is talking about is that Trump declassified all the documents related to Crossfire Hurricane. The declassification was legal and done appropriately. And no one is saying exactly what the documents at Mar a Lago were. As far as I'm concerned they were all related to Crossfire Hurricane and were all declassified. Trump kept copies of them in case the originals got "disappeared" somehow.
You guys write the most entertaining fan fiction. This sounds like something Glenn Beck would make up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would be willing to bet that Trump and his attorneys do not agree with your observations or with the implied intent assumed in the article quoted.
Since Donald still thinks the docs are his and he has every right to them, despite the law saying otherwise, I can't disagree.
more wild accusations without basis in fact.
Did you read HT's 4 dimension chess fantasy about Donald and the docs being all related to Crossfire Hurricane?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"According to people familiar with the matter" Trump colluded with Russia, sold the nuclear football to China, rode naked on a unicorn down Pennsylvania avenue at midnight, and painted a mustache on the Face of Mars
The Russia part is true.

Now, until someone can answer the question of what documents did Trump have and which documents were subject to his declassification memo, as far as I am concerned there is no evidence that he had any classified documents at all.
They should have run the search warrant by you before recovering the documents!

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It appears to me that just this memo signed by Trump makes it clear that Trump knew there was a procedure for declassifying documents and that there could be objections made by others. He didn't have full authority to declassify documents and he certainly couldn't do it by just taking a document home or thinking about it in his head.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,548.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
"According to people familiar with the matter" Trump colluded with Russia, sold the nuclear football to China, rode naked on a unicorn down Pennsylvania avenue at midnight, and painted a mustache on the Face of Mars. Anonymous sources no longer carry any weight whatsoever.

So instead of listening to "people familiar with the matter" we should go with made up nonsense from someone not familiar at all? That certainly is a novel approach.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0